Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I have one, want another

ScottGoodburn
February 23rd, 2005, 10:12 PM
Currently, I have buddy a male 60lbs, retriever/collie/healer mix, considering getting another dog, what should I get, male or female? breed? age?
Buddy is 1 and a half.

maddoxies
February 23rd, 2005, 10:18 PM
Golden, around the same age or younger. Male or female

Shall I put you on our adoption notification ???? ;)

ScottGoodburn
February 23rd, 2005, 10:20 PM
The sex wouldn't matter? And why might you recommend a golden???
you rock, by the way!

maddoxies
February 23rd, 2005, 10:24 PM
I am biased, as I am a volunteer with Quebec Golden Rescue. Also I have had goldens since 1977. Although my mini-dachshund has captured my heart too.

I have two male dogs now, and had a female golden 8 years older than my male golden

ScottGoodburn
February 23rd, 2005, 10:29 PM
You can put me on your list, I can't promise anything though, need to put some thought into this. I am in Hamilton Ontario.

maddoxies
February 23rd, 2005, 10:36 PM
If you visit our website www.goldenrescuequebec.com you can sign up for automatic notification when the website page is updated.

We do adopt outside Quebec. Several rescue groups in Ontario do our home visits for us.

(I dont want to hijack the thread, just want to be sure others realize that we ARE a reputable, responsible, legitimate rescue group)

mesaana
February 23rd, 2005, 10:41 PM
We are, we are!!! (I'm with Golden Rescue too... which apparently gives Goldengirl permission to volunteer me for stuff all the time)

Lyne

ScottGoodburn
February 23rd, 2005, 10:43 PM
Thanks guys! you are awesome and this site is addictive

Lucky Rescue
February 24th, 2005, 12:16 AM
I see your dog is a mix....how is he with other dogs? With other males?

If he is the least bit dominant (and he's still very young) you might want to consider getting a female dog for the best chance of success for them in the future.:)

Carina
February 24th, 2005, 05:55 AM
What Lucky said, regarding sex of a second dog. It is a safer bet.

I saw your dog's photo in the intro forum - yours was Buddy, right? He is really a gorgeous dog!