Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Rent a Puppy

Lizzie
February 23rd, 2005, 05:58 PM
This is so terrible. Check this out everyone...

http://www.petselect.org/bookmenow.htm

I can't even believe it...

mesaana
February 23rd, 2005, 06:02 PM
WTF?!?!? I have nothing good to say so I'll shut up now!!!

Lyne

mastifflover
February 23rd, 2005, 06:10 PM
That is exactly what I said except I sent them an email and lambasted them and told them just be honest you are puppy brokers gettting dogs from mills or byb and charging way to much money for a mutt. But you have hit an all time low buy renting puppies do you also rent children

CyberKitten
February 23rd, 2005, 06:27 PM
Ewww!!! Fancy web site for a byb. And this "Purebred pups we sell come from private breeders.". Yeah, well what kind of private breeders?

coppperbelle
February 23rd, 2005, 06:35 PM
:evil: Rent a puppy! Who would want to do that? Obviously gets his pups from puppy mills. :mad:

Lizzie
February 23rd, 2005, 06:39 PM
Can you imagine what kind of person you'd have to be to actually rent one of these puppies??

Are their sales so low that they have resorted to this?

goodness....

caliper
February 23rd, 2005, 06:45 PM
You have got to be kidding me. Those poor puppies. Tugged and pulled never loved. How Awfull... Cal...

CyberKitten
February 23rd, 2005, 06:50 PM
They also sell them I think. They have a page here http://www.petselect.org/deposit.htm I wonder if we were to let these financial institutions know this was a puppy mill (we'd have to check Internic or the Cdn version to see who owns the web site first and work from there :) ) I realize they'd comtend the puppies come from breeders but it could be investigated.

lilith_rizel
February 23rd, 2005, 06:57 PM
I sent this....

This business you are running is cruel and inhumane. How can you go about and rent out a living creature. You don't see human babies for rent, do you. Than why the hell should babies of another species be rented out. You are sick. You got some nerve to try this kind of stuff, and call it business. You are making money off a poor deffenseless animal, who just wants to be your friend. These puppies are going to grow up confused, and probably won't make a desent companion, just because it has been from one family to another. You make me sick....

Sheriffmom
February 23rd, 2005, 07:44 PM
The site I think is owned by Iams. If you click more info on the puppies, it takes you to a site that connects you to IAMS. Sick, sick sick..... when do we start emailing our disgust to IAMS? :evil:

CyberKitten
February 23rd, 2005, 09:24 PM
I'd really be surprised if it is owned by Iams but if they are advertising there, then they should get some grief. I would not hold my breath tho. I refuse to buy Iams food because of their known practice of cruel research on animals.

r0amy0
February 24th, 2005, 08:22 AM
I got this in my email...Im sure you guys did too...

Thank you so much for your emails.We take our customer response seriously.In the past we have had several requests from people wanting to rent a pup for a short period eg: Birthdays etc.However due to your and other's genuine remarks we have opted not to launch the Rent a Puppy programme.Thanks again for your email.

Thank you,

Pet Select Inc.

Princesss04
February 24th, 2005, 08:27 AM
What a BUNCH of CRAP! I can not believe people how stupid we are! :mad:

Trinitie
February 24th, 2005, 08:38 AM
It appears they no longer "rent" puppies, but they still sell them. They're nothing more than an online puppymill. They, themselves, say that thier puppies come from a "farmer" not kennels or breeders. The only dogs they get from breeders are purebred. This makes them nothing more than a broker.

Sneaky2006
February 24th, 2005, 09:15 AM
So is there no way to shut down a broker? Legally speaking they're not doing anything wrong, right?

There's a huge broker in my town and I would be happy if they went out of business!
They do a lot of business and can get any breed. :sad:

mastifflover
February 24th, 2005, 09:22 AM
I guess I did not get a response because I stated how disgusting I thought the whole operation was but at least they have taken down the rent a puppy. They are just a broker selling designer dogs/mutts for 600.00 disgusting. I bet they come from the amish puppymills

Lizzie
February 24th, 2005, 09:38 AM
Hey that's terrific if they have removed the Rent a Puppy option from their web site. Baby steps right...??