Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Litter of pitbulls

Lil'RickyMom
February 23rd, 2005, 10:12 AM
Hey guys,

I just spoke to a lady last night who had an "accidental" :sorry: litter of pitbulls. She has 9 of them, they are almost 3 months old, and she is flipping out. She had put ads in the Gazette (people had suggested) and she is only getting weirdos :evil: . She doesn't want them to end up at the SPCA.

Can anyone out there help her? I am supposed to go check on another litter of pitbull mixes sleeping in a bus downtown Montreal (with Squeegee owner), and I figured I'd help those out.... But now.... there's no way I can help out 18 or so puppies, especially that other dogs are pouring in... :grouphug:

If anyone can help, :thumbs up please e-mail me at sophie@rimasec.net. The pups are not de-wormed, not vaccinated, this lady has barely enough money to feed them.

Luvmypit
February 23rd, 2005, 10:49 AM
Im planning on getting another dog but not till we move into a house in about 4-6 months. We live in a 2 bedroom. If by that time there are any left I will take one. We may even be willing to drive up to quebec. I know that must not help much. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

Lucky Rescue
February 23rd, 2005, 11:15 AM
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/pissed.gif

So sick of stupid clueless idiots expecting others to clean up their messes!!

Tell this person NOT to give them away for free unless she wants them to be torn apart in a pit. They are HER responsibility and no one else's.

I will list them on my Petfinder site IF she agrees to make up an adoption contract (or I can provide one) SCREEN people and charge an adoption fee that includes spaying/neutering and does it RIGHT!

I need good pictures, and descriptions (sex,etc.) ARe they even purebred? Does this person have an intact male and female? I won't help her unless she gets THEM spayed/neutered too.

BMDLuver - can you help with this too?

honeybee4
February 23rd, 2005, 11:43 AM
My sister is looking to adopt a puppy pitbull, but she is located in Saint john, NB. She is having a really hard time finding one in NB. She maybe willing to travel.

poodletalk
February 23rd, 2005, 01:24 PM
I wont be able to place the dogs...but I can help you to get them sterlized for a reduced price.

For the pups that are living on a bus,I have a contact at Bon Dieu dans la rue, he may be able to arrange to get the pups and mother dog sterlized at a very reduced price. If you are interested, please PM me and I will give you the phone number.

For the lady whos dog is not sterlized and the pups, I can give you a phone number where you can arrange to get the animals sterlized with the first vacinations.

BMDLuver
February 23rd, 2005, 02:42 PM
Sophie, take in the one's that are with the homeless guy. Take poodletalks offer about getting sterilisation etc.. done cheap. Poodletalk, can you give a ballpark figure? Sophie, can you keep them with you, I know your place is tiny.. but maybe the homeless guy will keep the mom once she is taken care of and pups are weaned? He cared enough to want to help them so maybe keeping the mom is not such a bad thing if all is done on her?

Now, as for the lady with the 12 week old pups... what does she need to keep them with her until homes are found? I would assume that they are eating everything in site by now. Also, by this point they should be split out as pit pups tend to work in a pack and if someone is coming to look at them will be turned off by their temperaments ensemble but one on one they are sweet wiggle butts normally.

LR, can you post the puppies on your site? I can visit, take photos and assess temperament of the one's in the home.... Sophie, can you do that for the homeless litter?

Let me know if any of this makes sense. I will try to see about getting help on this end. My petfinder site should be up by next week. It's a long story but I'm trying to do things small scale by myself as 24/7 was killing my kids and homelife. So Teddy's Canine Railroad will soon be born.

In the interim, can everyone get together and we'll work as a team to try and help Sophie and all these poor dogs?

Don't take my post as pushy, it's just an organization thought process and anyone can agree or disagree. :thumbs up

poodletalk
February 23rd, 2005, 02:58 PM
BMDLover-I can't give you a price right now, but through my contact at Bon Dieu dans la Rue, he can arrange for a reduced rate. Sophie all you needs to speak to him, and tell him about the situation. Please send me a message, and I will give you his name and number.

BMDLuver
February 23rd, 2005, 03:38 PM
k, so we'll see what the cost could be and then compare it to the rate some of the rest of us can get and go from there on that one. Thanks.

Lucky Rescue
February 23rd, 2005, 03:38 PM
Yes of course I can put them on my site, as soon as I have pics. But the owner must work with us and start being responsible.

Send me pics as soon as you have some!

Also, by this point they should be split out as pit pups tend to work in a pack and if someone is coming to look at them will be turned off by their temperaments ensemble but one on one they are sweet wiggle butts normally.

They should love and be all over anyone who comes near them - in a bunch or separately and should be socialized just like any puppy.

Adopters MUST have knowledge of this breed, or be willing to listen and learn, and the puppies should not go to anyone who has a dog of the same sex. If there is another dog in the house, the adopter must understand that the day may come when they must be totally separated, and be prepared to do that.

BMDLuver
February 23rd, 2005, 03:46 PM
The condition to help these pups from the lady should be that she have her animals altered asap. Start with the male and in about a month the female should be able to be spayed as she will have recuperated.

I'm going to also find out if one of the clinics I work with would be amicable to doing pediatric altering as it will definitely be more cost effective and these pups can then be adopted already altered. Do you know if yours has done this before LR? It's one of the one's I use.

Lucky Rescue
February 23rd, 2005, 03:52 PM
The puppies are 3 months old so the mother could be spayed now.

With our vet, we have taken only kittens there, and I know she will spay them at 3 months old - don't know about puppies of the same age.

Hudson WILL s/n at any age, but I have no idea if they will give reduced fees...

BMDLuver
February 23rd, 2005, 04:00 PM
Generally gives a 20% discount for rescues. I'll check with our mutual vet and see if she's willing to do 12 weeks or younger depending on the litter that Sophie gets as well.

maddoxies
February 23rd, 2005, 05:00 PM
I have sent Lucky a pm with another vet who gives rescue 25% discount, don't know if they neuter this young, but worth the call

BMDLuver
February 23rd, 2005, 05:21 PM
Never hurts to ask and maybe they'll give a volume discount?

Lil'RickyMom
February 23rd, 2005, 07:06 PM
Thanks for all the replies. I take it most of you are home during the day, I was shocked to see so much. I posted that before I went to work (or last night, I'm not sure anymore!) and couldn't find my way back. I'm a bit of a loser when it comes to computers and web-sites and stuff....

Here is my BIG problem. Some of you may know me or of me, I have been doing this for 10 years totally on my own. However, when the Mega City merge happened, I got very sick and lost my job. I have been fighting it for 2 years now (will be on March 11), and no where near a court date even. So my money is VERY limited, as I have a 23 yr. old son who just finished college and cannot find work due to his "lack of experience". So I have absolutely no cash to play with, other than for one dog at a time, which I then collect the adoption fee to reimburse. I have a major bill with Hydro and don't even know what to tell them... So I don't know.... This lady has no money because of all these mouthes to fee, we talked about her getting the mom spayed, but she needs to wait until the dogs are gone. I'm not sure that she has money to play with either, and 9 pups, it will take months to get them all adopted, one at a time. Will she be willing to keep them until then?

As for the homeless guy, his female I'm sure he wants to keep. I should see him tomorrow as I want to bring him some puppy food, I will then find out exactly what's up and how many are left, how old, and so on... Thoses ones will be easier to place as they are mixed. Mom actually looks like a Golden mix, and the puppies looked like little pitties. But they all do at birth, no matter the breed!!!

I figured out how to get notified when someone replies, so you should hear from me more regularly. I do check my e-mails from work(!). Or anyone of you can e-mail me directly, which is easier for me, at sophie@rimasec.net.

Thanks again, it is such a sad world for pets out there, I am getting so disgusted with people. 10 years is starting to take it's toll on me... It's a vicious circle. You educate one person, and you run into 10 more ignorant ones. So sad. :(

Lucky Rescue
February 23rd, 2005, 08:45 PM
Will she be willing to keep them until then?

Sigh..this woman has dogs she can't afford to spay and neuter, so of course she breeds them, and now cannot afford to care for and s/n the puppies, and may not even be willing to keep them until homes can be found. She still can't spay her female and who is to say she won't get pregnant again?

She's asking for help, but what kind? What does she want people to do? The only option is to surrender them to a rescue (if any would take them) and let them handle the s/n and adoptions.

No vet is going to give her personally a discount on a litter of puppies she bred. Why should they reward people for being idiots?

I really don't see an answer here.:( Can anyone else?

BMDLuver
February 23rd, 2005, 08:49 PM
I'm not seeing one either. What a mess... :sad:

poodletalk
February 23rd, 2005, 09:13 PM
Sophie, is the women willing to spay the mother dog? How much does it weigh and what part of Montreal is she in? I recieved your PM, I left all my contact info at work(I check these posts inbetween my work, becomes a very bad habit)Let me see what I can do. Is this women a backyard breeder?? How much do the pups weigh approx? Maybe I can find out how much it would cost to get them sterlized. Are they purebreeds??????

Lil'RickyMom
February 23rd, 2005, 09:34 PM
Yup, and I'm the one who actually got involved. Here is the whole, long story. I saw an ad on the net somewhere, for a pītbull needing a home. So I contacted the person, as I had a possible home for the dog. That's when she told me she actually had 9. She was asking $200 each. So at first I figured I wouldn't even get back to her, but she e-mailed me again, and seemed desperate.

It turns out she had an unspayed female, her son had a male. He got sent to jail and brought his dog for her to "watch". The minute she opened the door, the dogs "locked" for the next 45 minutes. As time went on, people told her "she's not pregnant, if anything she has 2 or 3". So she didn't "worry" about it, had no money for the vet, and just waited. Turns out she had 11 (2 died) and Mom abandoned them at 3 weeks. She has had to feed them (been feeding them moistened dog food, never any formula!!) and now she is flipping. They are getting big and she doesn't know what she is going to do. She also happens to have 6 kids, 4 of them (teens) still living at home.

She explained that that was the reason for the $200, food and hopes of finding "good" homes if people actually paid money for their dog. She had been told not to "give" them away, especially pitbulls, and had put ads in the paper to find "good" homes from people who would pay. However, she soon realized the people calling were weirdos and people with bad intentions. She doesn't want to send them to the SPCA because of the whole mess with pitbulls right now, she is afraid they will be killed.

She told me she would be willing to drop them to $100, as this would be to cover the cost of her food. I have explained the reality of the whole situation to her, as if we help her, she has to give up her fee.

She is very upset with this whole situation, and wants to get her dog spayed before the male gets her again, whom she might actually place also if the son doesn't take him back when he gets out. She was planning on taking some of the "fee" to spay/neuter the parents (if she keeps the male).

I told her the best I could maybe do was to see if she could get a small donation from each, towards some of her expenses, but I wasn't sure if the rescues would do this. I am so trying to get these dogs out of there, I told her they are getting bigger and need to be split up and placed into foster care, de-wormed, vaccinated and soon, spayed.

She is supposed to think about this and get back to me. As I made her realize, if she doesn't get help, it will only cost her more, and it will take a long time to get all 9 out. They may be very big by the time she gets them adopted, if at all. So, I guess at this point I wait. I don't know what more to do myself, I just feel so bad for all these pups.

What do you guys all think?

mesaana
February 23rd, 2005, 10:46 PM
I don't have anything useful to say, unfortunately. Just wanted to let you know I think you do a good job and you have a good heart.

Lyne

(I forgot to add: I think a lot of us also come here on our employer's time... I know I do... I figure I'd rather do that than take my lunch hour or a break - it all evens out in the end)

Lucky Rescue
February 23rd, 2005, 11:54 PM
I am so disgusted at that story, I won't even comment.

Considering that rescues here won't help pit bulls, even little puppies, I have no advice either unless you can find foster care and this woman surrenders them and forgets about getting any money for them.

I will forward this story, on the very slim chance someone may be able to help.

Lucky Rescue
February 24th, 2005, 11:05 AM
Is anyone (BMDLuver) having any adoption events coming up? Could some of these puppies be brought to Hudson for a day??

poodletalk
February 24th, 2005, 11:16 AM
Sophie: I just sent you an email regarding the youths pitbulls dog and pups.
Looking forward to hearing from you!

Isn't their an petfair in March in Hudson? Maybe the pups could be brought their.

sammiec
February 24th, 2005, 11:21 AM
I am so saddened and upset by this story. All I can say is THANK YOU to those who are trying to help those poor puppies. :sad:

Lucky Rescue
February 24th, 2005, 11:34 AM
Isn't their an petfair in March in Hudson?

Yes there is. I'm wondering if any rescues here are going and if we can each bring a few puppies.

mastifflover
February 24th, 2005, 12:14 PM
This is so sad but you guys are great for trying to help out. I wish you all luck finding homes for them

BMDLuver
February 24th, 2005, 04:50 PM
Yes there is. I'm wondering if any rescues here are going and if we can each bring a few puppies.
For the pet fair, I think it's required that they be health checked and vaccinated before going. Also, if these puppies are taken from the present home for this day, I have a feeling they won't be welcome back at the end of it. So whomever takes them will need a backup plan. I don't know if Foxy's will be attending or not... you would need to contact Spaniellover on that one. :)

chico2
February 24th, 2005, 05:04 PM
OMG,I've been following this thread,not answering,since I have nothing to suggest,but what a terrible preventable situation......poor little innocent pups born into this mess :sad:
Kudos to all of you trying to help,the mother pittie probably has never seen a vet :evil:
I wish and hope,these pups will somehow get good homes,poor babies :sad:

CyberKitten
February 24th, 2005, 05:09 PM
I agree Chico. I've just been following the discussion with incredulity and later horror at her wanting money for them. Gawd! People!! Those poor puppies!

maddoxies
February 24th, 2005, 07:13 PM
Does someone have an old blond wig we could put on one of them and tell my landlord it is a golden ??? My lease is breed specific, he turns a blind eye to the mini-doxie now, after all he is just a golden that shrank under the dryer. Man it is frustrating not to be able to do anything :mad: :mad:

Lucky Rescue
February 24th, 2005, 07:29 PM
Man it is frustrating not to be able to do anything

I love this breed, and not being able to help this bunch of innocent little wigglebutts is making me ill.

You don't need to wonder why pit bulls are in trouble. Look at the type of people breeding and owning them - jailbirds and losers. :mad:

poodletalk
February 25th, 2005, 07:12 AM
Hi Sophie: Any updates yet about the youths pitbull pups?

BoxerRescueMTL
February 25th, 2005, 11:16 AM
Considering that rescues here won't help pit bulls, even little puppies,

Is that true? None of the Montreal rescues want to help pitties, Lucky? That freakin sucks.. We need a Montreal Pittie Rescue...Are there any rescues that will take them?

Lise
February 25th, 2005, 12:27 PM
What about Debbie at Watchdog or Little angels? they have pitbulls in rescue,maybe they can help you and they are both in Montreal.

pollito
February 25th, 2005, 04:15 PM
well the only way i can help with the puppies is that I can place ads in spanish and russian news papers so there will be more possibilities of pups finding a home, the only think
If you are interested just send me an email polina_mourzina@hotmail.com with some information about the puppies, and contact phone number or email that I could write down when i write the ad.

Lucky Rescue
February 25th, 2005, 06:31 PM
As I said in my email, these puppies can come to the pet fair in Hudson in March and we will try and get them homes. Can someone get them there??

Also, can you get a pic of them? I can send it to the Gazette and other newspapers.

Lil'RickyMom
February 25th, 2005, 07:59 PM
I was supposed to get pix, but now she's not getting back to me. She insists that they have cost her a lot and needs some money for them. I have tried to reason with her, and explain she will end up stuck with them and dumping them later on, so she was supposed to think the whole thing through and get back to me.... No news yet...

As for the squeegee, can't locate him. Will try again tomorrow, I'll have time during the day.

Will keep you informed.

Just a thought, would you want to contact this woman yourself? You might be more convincing. I already told her I would give her number out to rescues who could possibly help, so she told me it was OK. Let me know if you want her info.

Lucky Rescue
February 25th, 2005, 09:29 PM
The offer is that they can come to the adoption clinic and we will do our best to get them wonderful, screened homes, educate adopters, and make sure they are s/n and vaccinated. She can take it or leave it, and should be grateful that someone is offering to help clean up her mess.

She gets NOT ONE CENT. We are not brokers. She won't get a better offer than this, unless she wants to peddle them for 50$ each to dogfighters, punks and wannabes to breed and fight and dump. That can be on her conscience.

You can tell her that dogs are not an investment that pay dividends. They are costing her money? Breeding dogs is not cheap. No one asked her to be an irresponsible byber.

If she takes them to the shelter, she'll have to pay a surrender fee.

twinmommy
February 25th, 2005, 09:48 PM
Gross.

Not YOU Lilricky's mom, just the situation. I know you are really giving your all these last couple days, the forums are full of your posts...kudos to you for taking in/helping all you are. :thumbs up

I just find that this woman with the pitbull pups, I mean, she's up to her eyeballs and still wants $$. ugh.

Sorry I just had to vent

meb999
February 25th, 2005, 11:09 PM
I was supposed to get pix, but now she's not getting back to me. She insists that they have cost her a lot and needs some money for them. I have tried to reason with her, and explain she will end up stuck with them and dumping them later on, so she was supposed to think the whole thing through and get back to me.... No news yet...

how do you guys not go around strangling these people???
I'm glad you rescuers are out there....but I don't know how you do it!
Kudos!

Lil'RickyMom
February 26th, 2005, 12:18 AM
Go ahead guys, vent all you want. I have spent all week trying to talk some sense into this woman, and I don't want to give up as I know where they will end up, and by no means do I want to help her, but I can't help but feel for the puppies.

I do believe in her case that it is an "ignorant" mistake, she had absolutely no intentions to breed, and she is extremely aware of the possibilities her pups will end up in the wrong hands. She has already gotten tons of calls of people who want to breed her female, trade some pups, even an e-mail from Israel who wanted to buy the whole litter. I spent over two hours one night explaining that this was a scam, to be very careful (she spent a lot of time e-mailing back and forth with this guy from israel), that if she "sold" the dogs, or if I helped her in an way, these people "owned" their dogs and legally had the right to do whatever they wanted. I could not force them to spay/neuter, to keep, to treat well, or any reason to check in on the dog. She seems to really understand all that, but she can't accept the fact that she will have lost money up to now, and worst, she doesn't see that if she doesn't accept my help, it will cost her a fortune more. 9 pups, they are 3 mnths old, and not one placed? What does she think, she will do this alone and place all within the next few weeks?

At this point, I am not putting any more energy into this as many other dogs are coming my way and I need to concentrate on the other ones, I am just going to wait, something tells me I will be hearing from her again. She will be ready to surrender at one point!

Thanks for all your encouragement, all your efforts in trying to find a solution, but as I've been saying for 10 years, we can't save them all and I cannot put all my energies into one situation. I have known too many people get burned out doing this rescue stuff. I want to be able to continue helping, and making myself sick over one lady and her litter will only lead me to crack in the end. I am going to concentrate on the homeless with his pups for now, I got word of where he might be staying. Will keep you posted on that one.

CyberKitten
February 26th, 2005, 12:50 AM
I find it hard to believe (but I know there are all kinds of people out there, sigh!) that she actually believes she should ask for money from people attempting to help her and HER puppies get oout of this predicament. Does she not comprehend arithmetic? Nine pitties grow quickly and she will pay more in feeding (and if she is at all responsible - doubtful I know or we would not be having this discussion) and vet bills, etc than she'd ever hope to make by asking for money now. Like that stupid commercial for reverse mortgages says, "DO THE MATH".

As you may guess, these are all rhetorical questions.

chico2
February 26th, 2005, 10:01 AM
Up until now,the"ladys"only expence has probably been food,I somehow doubt she's had the dogs to the vet.
I am glad in a way,we have not seen pictures,it would be heart-wrenching,knowing these little innocent babies will more than likely end up in a horrific situation,pit-fighters will be happy to pay the money she's asking :evil:

Lil'RickyMom
February 26th, 2005, 12:01 PM
I know, it is so hard. I have spent so much energy and time with this lady, all week I've been at this, and all the points you all have raised, I have been trying to get her to see it myself, but she doesn't.... She sees the money it's cost her so far in food, she doesn't see the money it WILL cost her in food... the longer she has them. Let alone the vet, she has ABSOLUTELY no intentions on having them vetted. She wants them out as is, and wants money for what it's cost her. See why I gave up?

As for pix, I had actually seen a pic of all the pups together in a pack, which was very blury, you couldn't really see them well, but I get the picture! She had them on an ad site, but I can't find it again. she was supposed to replace it with one of the mom and 3 pups, but I can't find it either. It's on some site from the UK or Tunisia. She's not sure how she ended up on there...

Anyway, I'm off soon to look for the pups in the bus, I'm closing in on them.... (I hope).

poodletalk
February 26th, 2005, 12:14 PM
Good Luck finding the youth and the pups! Let us know what happens

Lucky Rescue
February 26th, 2005, 12:53 PM
Too bad. I'm at our adoption event today (just popped home to let Chloe out) and people were asking for puppies and didn't care that they were pit bulls.:(

Lil'RickyMom
February 26th, 2005, 09:50 PM
Well, here is the sad reality. I found the yellow bus and the kid with his dogs. The pups are not yet weined, only 5 wks old. He doesn't want to haver her spayed, even for free, as he wants to have a litter of chowchows next :eek:

I tried to let him see the reality, without lecturing, but he sees that they will all get placed eventually..... :confused:

On another note, I came into the bus to see the pups, and after a few minutes a guy came in and started bringing dogs in (this is a mini-bus). They have altogether 16 dogs, none of them sterilized. They are a bunch of kids living together on the streets.

However, I must admit they had a 40 lbs bg of Eukanuba that they had just purchased for the dogs. I offered them a donation I got of Pedigree :yuck: and they passed on it.

So the sad story is, there's no stopping them from continuing, the only hope there is, is once they are weaned, he brings me a couple to place for him.

Thanks for all the help and support all week, it's been a tough one.

twinmommy
February 26th, 2005, 10:08 PM
Cheers!!

Kudos to you!! and a big hug http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/smileyhug.gif

for fighting "the good fight" this week!! :thumbs up

Lucky Rescue
February 26th, 2005, 10:31 PM
Holy crap.

If there is anything improper about the way these dogs are being kept, please try calling the SPCA and have them go look.

Also the dogs are probably not licensed and that can be reported too.

It seems so hopeless.:(

twinmommy
February 26th, 2005, 11:13 PM
I know it's pathetic, Lucky, but I find the SpCA doesn't do much....they believe as long as there is food,water, and shelter..
If he doesn't give up the mom the rest will be euthanized, assuming they cannot find fostercare for the whole litter. :sad:

LL1
February 27th, 2005, 12:00 AM
It's not just Pits,most Montreal all breed rescues will not help Rotties,Sheps or Dobes either.
Is that true? None of the Montreal rescues want to help pitties, Lucky? That freakin sucks.. We need a Montreal Pittie Rescue...Are there any rescues that will take them?

Lil'RickyMom
February 27th, 2005, 01:48 AM
I've seen what the SPCA does when dogs are criminally being abused, barged in on a situation first hand and reported what I saw, nothing happened in the end. She was charged with criminal negligence, animal cruelty, and the lady is still going cause she got a slap on the wrist. And she is a "rescue". So for this guy, there is no way the SPCA will act.

As for the tags, that's a whole story in itself. I have been fighting the only two city inspectors for 2 years now, because instead of going after stuff like that, they are stalking me and dragging me to court for 1 dog they caught me without a tag for. The pregnant mom that gave me a litter of pups in 2003. Barnotti is still helping me fight this one (yeah, he's there for the little things, but not the ones that count - that's another thing in itself). We're going back to court again in April and the City's vowed to fight if I win. For a lousy $25 they have spent thousands going after me for one stupid dog tag. So I will not give them the satisfaction of going after these kids, Richard Fortin, the "head honcho" has every right to cease and euthanise any animal infringing the city By-Law. Believe me, you guys DON'T WANT TO GO THERE. I am sick to my stomach with what is going on with the only 2 inspectors. They have been harassing me for 2 years, trying to "prove" that I am running a dog business. The judge was appalled at them, but they are wasting tax payers dollars to go after lil' old me!!

AAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH. Why did someone bring up tags and licensing????? Anyone want the specifics of this whole thing, be glad to tell you. Lucky no other rescue in Montreal has ever had this problem, (and the Ciity tells me it's because they don't know about other rescuers or foster homes!!!!!).AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH :evil:

mesaana
February 27th, 2005, 04:27 AM
Hello

I'd just like to say one thing about these kids and their dogs. No, they often don't neuter them, but most of the time, they will buy the dog food before they some for themselves. And for a few years now, there's been a program for them to bring their dogs in for treatment and vaccines for free. It's organized through "Le Bon Dieu dans la Rue" (the Mtl people will know about that...) Some students at the vet school in St-Hyacinthe come into town with a teacher and some students from the vet tech program and see all these dogs in consultation, all for free. Not sure if it's still the case, but they all got a Revolution treatment when they came in. Good practice for the students, good for the cats and dogs. I've been there, it's an eye opener...

Often, these kids have no one else in life and their dog/cat is everything to them...

Lyne

P.S. Of course I'm not condoning the "not neutering them" part...

poodletalk
February 27th, 2005, 07:09 AM
Sophie, can you send me an e-mail to tell me where the bus is? Did you happen to get the guys name? What is his approximate age? I can tell my contact at Bon Dieu dans la Rue, and maybe he knows the youth or he can get someone to go over there and try to talk more sense into this guy. What does this guy plan on doing with the pups? Selling them?
THanks!!!!!!!

Little Angels
March 14th, 2005, 08:18 AM
Hi Everyone,

Just reading this thread now, so sorry! HOwever I would like to state that we are a Montreal based rescue and we are not Breed Specific. If an animal needs help we will try our best to help. As with all rescues our foster homes are limited and funding as well, however NO animal will ever be turned away because of its breed.

If requiring assistance and a speady reply is needed it is always best to email me with the details as our phones personal and for little angels are always overwhelming. However at 5:30 every morning it is quite and I am on the emails.

Don't hesitate to ask for help, the more contacts for these little ones the better

Kim