Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dog hair won't come off in laundry!!

raingirl
February 22nd, 2005, 09:33 AM
Ok..I just did the laundry this morning, and noticed that Odin's hair is not coming off our clothes after it is washed!! Any suggestions?

Lucky Rescue
February 22nd, 2005, 10:23 AM
Well, I try not to wear clothes that attract pet hair in the house - always wear sweats or jeans. You can try wrapping tape around your hand and pulling off as much as possible before washing the clothes. The hairs weave into the fabric and is nearly impossible to get off.

One of the big downsides to pets.:( And the drycleaner charge more if you bring in hair covered clothes!

Schwinn
February 22nd, 2005, 10:26 AM
We've got the same problem. I'm thinking of having Daisy shelacked.

Other than that, you're pretty much stuck with the tape method. It's worse in the truck. It gets stuck in the threads, and the vacuum won't even pull it out.

honeybee4
February 22nd, 2005, 10:28 AM
Yep, the fur is always everywhere. It is like it follows you everywhere you go. I open my lunch at work and what to you know dog fur. :rolleyes: My clothes are also full of it. I have tried different laundry detergants to no avail.

sammiec
It's amazing how much those short little hairs can weave themselves right in! I too have problems getting them out. Briggs is majority of darker hair, so I tend to wear darker clothes. I usually don't wear anything other then denim, sweats, or nylon/polyester/rayon pants. I have one wool pair that I don't weare simply because of all the hair!

Enjoy!

BMDLuver
Nudity saves on laundry and keeps clothes hairless! :eek:

sammiec
February 22nd, 2005, 10:30 AM
OMG! :eek: That's got to get cold... and I don't think I would be very happy to cuddle with Briggs in that "condition"... :rolleyes:

Princesss04
February 22nd, 2005, 10:35 AM
I always use a lint brush (for pets) I buy mine at Wal Mart before I throw them in the basket. Or at least the ones that have hair on them bad. :D Meater sheds bad and they are all white hairs but Chino does not seem to shed yet anyway. LOL :eek:

meowzart
February 22nd, 2005, 10:36 AM
At costco we buy in bulk the clothes rollers that are tape sided. they work great for getting the hair off. kind of like this
http://cn-fenghua.en.alibaba.com/product/50046467/50042719.html

Are you using a 'bounce' type sheet in the laundry?

I think some types of hair stick worse - the shorter denser coarser hair is harder to get off than the silky long hair.

I just treat it like a fashion statement! :)

Writing4Fun
February 22nd, 2005, 10:43 AM
LOL! Welcome to pet ownership! Dog hair everywhere - and I do mean everywhere! :eek:

I think some types of hair stick worse - the shorter denser coarser hair is harder to get off than the silky long hair.
This is exactly why I get a chuckle out of people who say they're looking for a short-haired breed because they don't want to deal with the shedding. The shorter hair is the worse! Ever step on one of those suckers with bare feet? It's like getting a piece of glass stuck in your foot! I've learned that long fur is much easier to tidy up around the house - the Swiffer sctually picks up the long stuff, but it just pushes the short stuff around. :p

PS. I find the fur comes off in the dryer, not in the washer. We use dryer sheets, so that might be part of it. I'm forever emptying that lint trap, though! :rolleyes:

Luvmypit
February 22nd, 2005, 10:47 AM
Ever step on one of those suckers with bare feet? It's like getting a piece of glass stuck in your foot!

Oh my I have. Its like a full out splinter. Hurts more to pull out then a peice of wood.

Sunkist/Winnie
February 22nd, 2005, 11:11 AM
Packing tape is the best!

Instead of just pressing it against the fabric I find if you rub it with the grain of the fabric it gets everything that's stuck short or long, intertwined or just sitting on top.

maddoxies
February 22nd, 2005, 11:27 AM
Shed Stopper is a solution you apply right to the dog, stops non-seasonal shedding. BUT everyone has be complaining about the extra shedding this winter. I think the fluctuations in temperature have the dogs confused.

I spray my clothes with Static Guard and brush with my Gonzo sponge before putting in the laundry. I also use Static Guard on the furniture and carpets before vacuuming.

Love my Gonzo sponge. I have 3. One at home, one in the car and one at work :thumbs up

The goldens get you with the quantity of hair, the short haired little devils :evil: get you with those "hair slivers" OUCH !!

lezzpezz
February 22nd, 2005, 12:21 PM
This is why my signature for every post is "LINT - It's a lifestyle!"
I gave up long ago even trying to get rid of the hair of 6 pets......

greaterdane
February 22nd, 2005, 12:39 PM
I have a pillow in my room that says "No outfit is complete without dog hair" I think I am starting a trend, whoever comes to my house loves to leave wearing the latest ozzy or dexter :)

mastifflover
February 22nd, 2005, 12:47 PM
I really don't consider myself fully dressed until I have dog hair and slobber on me. Then the outfit is complete

pitbulliest
February 22nd, 2005, 02:11 PM
Pet hair rairly comes out in the washer..that's what a drier is for..

Do you regularly clean out that lint container thingy in the drier? My weirdo boyfriend forgot to empty it for a couple of dries and it wouldn't suck out any of the pet hair (men! *rolls eyes)..once you change it it makes a big difference..also, putting in a fabric softener into the drier before you toss in the clothes actually helps pull off more junk off your clothes...it actually softens the pet hair believe it or not, so its lighter and comes off more easily..lol yeah I have a pHd in clothes washing lol

:D

Schwinn
February 22nd, 2005, 03:21 PM
Do you regularly clean out that lint container thingy in the drier? My weirdo boyfriend forgot to empty it for a couple of dries and it wouldn't suck out any of the pet hair (men! *rolls eyes)

Lint container thingy? oh-oh...

Carina
February 22nd, 2005, 03:27 PM
You're supposed to remove dog hair from clothing? Since when? :confused:
I like to get a healthy build-up of dog hair over the winter for added insulation.
In spring I send all my clothing to the groomer to get rid of the extra layers of dog hair. :)

maddoxies
February 22nd, 2005, 03:47 PM
Raingirl:
You have an added disadvantage of being in an apartment, so I suspect you use the community laundry room and dont have your own machines.

Poke around the washers too. Some of the commercial washers have lint traps (created by the manufacturer or naturally occurring). You are probably having to deal with the entire building's laundry issues. It has only become an issue with the arrival of Odin.

Happy laundering

chico2
February 22nd, 2005, 04:05 PM
You guys are all nutshttp://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/smly13.gif
We had an insurance-salesman at the house,dressed in a nice dark suit,unfortunately I did not have a chance to warn him about sitting down on Peppis spot(a white cat)!
I was really sorry(sure!!)to see him leave for the office,with a hairy white butt :D

BMDLuver
February 22nd, 2005, 04:35 PM
Ummm Raingirl.... have you started picking hair out of guests plates with your back turned prior to serving them?

glasslass
February 22nd, 2005, 06:28 PM
Nudity saves on laundry and keeps clothes hairless! :eek:
Can't resist telling this story. A couple friends of ours retired, sold their home and moved onto a 42' sailboat. They live on it and sail all over. No, not pet owners, so obviously it's not a perfect life. Anyhow, they came back for a visit once and a bunch of friends got together at a pizza place. Both were very tan. I commented on it and they told us that once they're out to sea, the clothes come off. That way, laundry isn't a problem!

maddoxies
February 22nd, 2005, 06:36 PM
BMDLover: you pick it out ??? I just tell everyone that is dental floss, not dog hair :crazy:

More embarassing than any pet hair was the time our car was burgalarized and the cop came into the apt.to take the report. Schwinn, TAKE NOTE !!

As the uniformed cop is writing the report, I look over to see the cat lying on her back, CHEWING HIS GUN HOLSTER !!! I hustled him out the door before he found the teeth marks :evil: :evil: Bebe was a devil

sorry to hijack the thread guys

Karin
February 22nd, 2005, 07:56 PM
Dog hair is part of my normal diet.

It keeps me "regular".

raingirl
February 22nd, 2005, 08:13 PM
Hhahahah! You guys are hilarious!!!

Yeah, I do have to deal with apartment laundry machines. I checked the washers, and they don't have lint traps. The dryers do, and I clean them each time before use. I don't use dryer sheets though (they give me hives) so I'm sure that doesn't help. Maybe I will have to search for a non-allergenic dryer sheet, as I'm sure my super static clothes are just attracting the hair!!

meowzart
February 22nd, 2005, 10:24 PM
BUT everyone has be complaining about the extra shedding this winter. I

I am glad to hear that because my cats have been shedding horribly this winter egads!!!

Catt31
February 23rd, 2005, 07:44 AM
The LAST thing I do before I leave the house is get dressed!! Still doesn't help since I get into my car which is covered in dog hair!!! Even the heavy duty vacuums at the car washes can't pull those suckers out of the seats!!!!

When I see hair on my clothes, it makes me smile, cuz I know I have 3 furry bums at home waiting for me to come and love them up!!!! Hair in food, dishes, cups, on my toothbrush is a regular occurance around here!! Doesn't even phase me anymore!!!

Welcome to the world of pet hair protein!!!! LOL

Sneaky2006
February 23rd, 2005, 07:48 AM
I've never had a problem with hair after washing, but I do use dryer sheets each and every time! I really think they help a lot. I even washed two blankets that Yukon had in his crate with no hair after washing!

Catt, the last thing I do before I leave is get dressed too... and I can't sit on the couch either! :p

maddoxies
February 23rd, 2005, 08:36 AM
Raingirl: I have two word for you - Static Guard.

I was told that as an alternative to dryer sheets, to put the fabric softener on a face cloth and put that in the dryer (After I almost killed myself trying to get to the basement in time for the rinse cycle to add the fabric softener). I don't swear by this method, but anything is worth a try :thumbs up

Lucky Rescue
February 23rd, 2005, 09:15 AM
The LAST thing I do before I leave the house is get dressed!!

YES, and keep the closet doors shut too!

Before I married I had a new boyfriend over to my place for dinner. When he stood to leave, I was mortified to see the back of his pants was totally covered in cat hair.

Our romatic evening ended with me frantically MiracleBrushing his butt. :sad:

maddoxies
February 23rd, 2005, 09:27 AM
Hey LuckyRescue, great idea to get your hands on his bod !!! IF :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I ever get a date, I will make sure that Champ has rolled all over the sofa before he arrives :thumbs up

mastifflover
February 23rd, 2005, 10:07 AM
Just in case anybody want to know there is a vacuum cleaner that really does pick up dog and cat hair it is actually amazing. It is made my Dyson and I think it is called the animal it is not cheap but it has a great warranty with it. A friend of mine in Texas has 3 Mastiffs and she got one about a year ago and phoned me to tell me about her new vacuum she went on for 10 minutes about this thing.

twinmommy
February 23rd, 2005, 10:44 AM
Our romatic evening ended with me frantically MiracleBrushing his butt.

SUUUUURE it did!!! LOL sounds like a good trick to me, I must remember that one!!! :) ;)

As for vacuums...I'm stuck on the Dirt Devil "Bagless Power" or whatever it's called, the one with no bags and a hepa filter...it's great!! and very powerful!! With our gang I ws going through too many bags ($$$ :eek: especially for centralvac!!! ugh) and then we moved so I just have an upright and I gotta say...pretty good!!

Other than that, let's just say that we have so much pethair I find you just kind of "give up" at a point. We also have many "hair chairs" and we know where they are and we'll just say "NOOO don't sit there!!" because His/Her Majesty has been napping there for the last three days.....LOL

....guess they have us well trained...... :thumbs up

glasslass
February 23rd, 2005, 06:28 PM
I give Den-Den haircuts while he sits on my lap in the living room! I use the fine slanted wire tooth brush (slicker) to just pick it up and never have a hair problem. Must be the texture thing!

Izzy33
January 4th, 2006, 05:08 PM
I loved reading all your posts on pet hair!! Hilarious!! I just had to add my 2 cents. I happened upon this thread searching for ideas on how to get pet hair off of stuff. I keep thinking there is some miracle product/method out there that I haven't tried yet!! Ha! Looks like I've tried em all!!
I did read some suggestions that are just not an option such as don't allow your pets on the furniture. Sorry but the pets rule in this house and they can go anywhere they like!!
As for those having problems with hair not coming off of clothes even after washing. I find that I have to use the dryer. I used to always hang dry my clothes but with 2 dogs and 3 cats now it is just not an option anymore. I find most of the hair will come off in the dryer. I use liquid fabric softener in the washer as well as dryer sheets or as someone else suggested, a bit of liquid softener on a cloth thrown in the dryer.
If anyone has any ideas out there for the best fabric for car seat covers please let me know. Right now I am thinking the best option is to leave the house with garbage bags and put those on the seats!!!
And to finish I'd like to say that we fondly refer to our home as The House of Hair!!
:ca:

cpietra16
January 4th, 2006, 06:10 PM
As far as I am concerned nothing says warmth like sleeping on a fur coated bed:D . everyone that comes to my house knows that they will leave covered with love...:angel:
My poor father actually witnessed my 7 year old (2 at the time) cough up a hair ball...unbeknown to all my son (who put everything in his mouth) got a hold of one of my cats hair knots and was chewing it like a gum and when I asked him to spit it out ...well out came the wet hair ball..never lived it down:rolleyes:

Prin
January 4th, 2006, 11:00 PM
I use liquid fabric softener in the washer as well as dryer sheets or as someone else suggested, a bit of liquid softener on a cloth thrown in the dryer.Make sure one or both are scent-free or you will have some strong smelling clothes!! (I double softened my curtains with vanilla fleecy and hoowee, did they stink!)

Bushfire2000
January 4th, 2006, 11:13 PM
Shedding and dog hair. Just another reason to love my squishfaces, lots of haircuts but little shedding. I think I'm gloating here but I can't help it.

Izzy33
January 4th, 2006, 11:16 PM
Sorry, I shouldn't assume everyone uses unscented products!!
;)

Schwinn
January 5th, 2006, 07:52 AM
If anyone has any ideas out there for the best fabric for car seat covers please let me know. Right now I am thinking the best option is to leave the house with garbage bags and put those on the seats!!!

We got a new car that my wife drives, and her not being a "car" person, just wanted the cheapest thing she could find. It actually doesn't look too bad. She bought it at Canadian tire (just one, since the back seats and one middle one are folded down, and the other one has a baby seat in it). It's some sort of polyester/vinyl blend I think. It doesn't look bad, and it's actually kind of comfortable. It's not the SpongeBob one that I tried to buy for her, but it's okay...

StaceyB
January 5th, 2006, 08:11 AM
Don't bother to try and remove the hair prior to washing/drying. Hairs have woven their way into your clothes and will get pulled out back to the surface while being washed/dried. I have a black sweater that I used to wear at work(don't ask), anyway it would get covered in hair. I would spend about 20 min removing the hair with one of the rollers before I could wear it. If I did this before the wash I would still have to do it again after.
As for the fabric sheets, there are now actual fabric ones that are re-usable and are not scented.
Not having a lint trap makes it worse because the hair that comes out during the dry doesn't have anywhere to go but back onto your clothes.

Izzy33
January 5th, 2006, 04:39 PM
Thanks Schwinn for the suggestion on seat covers of vinyl. That is kinda what we were thinking. Something that the hairs can't stick to at all. We have a CTC near here so I will check it out.

Originally posted by StaceyB
As for the fabric sheets, there are now actual fabric ones that are re-usable and are not scented.

I did not know this. Do you know the brand name or manufacturer of these re-usable sheets?
Thanks.
:)

Schwinn
January 6th, 2006, 07:49 AM
In the old car, my wife had ones that were just vinyl, they were kind of uncomfortable. The new one is some type of blend. It kind of reminds me of the liner in a winter coat.

The other alternative is using my wife's strategy, and taking hubby's car when she wants to take the dog anywhere. Unfortunately, that'd be my car...

SunGurl372
January 6th, 2006, 08:40 AM
My folks bought me a car seat robe for the back bench in my Toyota. It came from JC Penny's, and its made out of quilted nylon. It seems to be working wonders. Harley's a serious shedder, and her hair would just COAT the entire back seat and stick to it. So far with the robe, I've noticed little to no hair on the seat.

StaceyB
January 6th, 2006, 08:48 AM
Sorry, I don't know what brand they are but I think I may have seen them at walmart.

wdawson
January 7th, 2006, 02:16 PM
a big roll of duct tape

Izzy33
January 7th, 2006, 10:17 PM
Funny you say that as I just bought two rolls of packing tape today instead of the much more expensive sticky lint roller refill I was going to buy!!!
Not quite as sticky as duct tape but have used it in a pinch before.

lilgreal
April 12th, 2007, 09:21 AM
I came looking for suggestions to help me in my quest to have less fur. Everytime I get a new black t-shirt, I can only wear it once before it becomes furry. And black suits for work... even with the lint rollers, I'm always finding hair. Hard to look professional.

I don't remember having these problems in the states. I suspect that 1) I was in a house and the cats could go out, but here in France I'm in an apartment and they can't, and 2) I have no clothes dryer.

I've read all the posts for this thread and I've come to the sad conclusion that I either have to buy a clothes dryer or shave the cats. Is that right?:shrug:

breeze
April 12th, 2007, 10:18 AM
I've read all the posts for this thread and I've come to the sad conclusion that I either have to buy a clothes dryer or shave the cats. Is that right?:shrug:

This is your otyhe option you could buy different color clothes so that the hair does not show very much... (do not buy black or navy) :laughing: :p

lilgreal
April 12th, 2007, 10:22 AM
I have different colored cats actually. One is "caramel" colored, the other is tiger gray and black.

Maybe I should try the clotheless solution... I don't think my boss would go for it though.:laughing:

breeze
April 12th, 2007, 10:31 AM
I have different colored cats actually. One is "caramel" colored, the other is tiger gray and black.

Maybe I should try the clotheless solution... I don't think my boss would go for it though.:laughing:

lol lol you are funny, what about one time use clothes, (wear them then through them out :laughing: ) or vynl clothes, (wipes clean every time :laughing: )
or just tell your boss they are invisable clothes ( never needs wahing or ironing :laughing: )

Prin
April 12th, 2007, 01:14 PM
You could also try a better food so they might shed less.:shrug:

mafiaprincess
April 12th, 2007, 01:23 PM
We used to have tumbleweeds of fur... All my black clothes looked awful. Better food, and we have way less shedding. Can't really tell on my clothing, and very little of my clothes go in the dryer.

lilgreal
April 12th, 2007, 01:28 PM
Well, I suppose changing the cat food would be less embarassing than wearing invisible clothes. I also think my boss, an oncologist in hematology, wouldn't buy the "invisible" argument (and I wouldn't want to scare the patients :eek: !).

As for changing the food, it can be very expensive, especially for finicky cats. I'm seriously considering a clothes dryer, though it seems stupid t oget one just for cat fur (ecology!).

Shaving them is probably the most ecological, though I'm not holdin' em down...:D

lilgreal
April 12th, 2007, 01:31 PM
what food would you suggest?

Prin
April 12th, 2007, 01:34 PM
Felidae, Innova, Evo, Solid Gold Katznflocken, orijen... there are a few good ones out there.

lilgreal
April 12th, 2007, 02:12 PM
hmm, I don't think we have those over here. I'll have to check.

BusterBoo
April 12th, 2007, 02:22 PM
2 shih tzus....no shedding!!! :cloud9:

I was at Sears last weekend and there was a guy giving a demonstration on "Mr. Stickey". From the demo it looked like it removes everything. It looks like a lint roller brush but appears to work better. They even have a guarantee with it, so it might do the job. :shrug:

Prin
April 12th, 2007, 02:22 PM
Yeah, you might have different brands over there.. :o I always forget to check the location before I post. :rolleyes:

It's hard too because some of the brands from here that are international have very little info on their european sites, so it's hard to tell if the quality is the same or not.:rolleyes:

lilgreal
April 12th, 2007, 02:49 PM
So, on the off case that these brands weren't available here, or of lesser quality, what should I look for in a cat food? What would be better for a nicer, healthier fur (and the rest, of course)? :cat:

Spirit
April 12th, 2007, 04:01 PM
What on earth are you people feeding them? :laughing: I'm kidding, but good food really does make a difference.

I have a golden retriever who doesn't really shed at all, and he gets brushed once a week (or when I remember). I wear black all the time and I MIGHT find 10 or 15 hairs on me by the end of the day (if I'm lucky - most days my clothes are hair free). And when he's blowing his coat, a double rake and occasional hand stripping keeps it well under control.

As for the washer/dryer, if it's not cleaning the clothes properly, maybe it's time to get a new one? :shrug: Since there are no dog hairs on my clothes to wash off anyway, I can't compare. But my washer/dryer is in need of replacment, and I know this because even my washing machine will sometimes leave my clothes covered in fuzz (not dog hair). Drives me CRAZY (I hang dry a lot of my clothes).

Prin
April 12th, 2007, 08:45 PM
lilgreal, you should check out the dog and cat food forum here... Might give you some insight.;)

(I don't want to threadjack this thread...)

happycats
April 13th, 2007, 06:12 AM
(I don't want to threadjack this thread...)

I don't think it really matters, it's over 2 years old! :D

My :2cents: I put my fur covered clothes in the dryer on air for 15 minutes, (before washing) that usually removes most of it (I learned this trick from someone who owns 2 Goldens:) )

lilgreal
April 13th, 2007, 09:31 AM
That's a very good suggestion HappyCats, but I don't have a dryer! :D That's the dilemna, buy a dryer just to remove cat fur?? And, I have no desire to go down 2 flights of stairs and walk a block and a half to the laundry mat just for that either! (That's why I bought a washing machine after a year because I was tired of washing the clothes and sheets by hand in the bathub!!)

I'll try the "cleaner apartment" method, plus more tape/lint removing and maybe change the food. I don't think it is humanly possibly to shave a cat.

Spirit
April 13th, 2007, 11:32 AM
(That's why I bought a washing machine after a year because I was tired of washing the clothes and sheets by hand in the bathub!!)

I hope you had a wringer for those sheets! :eek: :thumbs up

:offtopic: My grandma also doesn't have a dryer, and she hangs her clothes out to dry in sub-below temps. I never did understand that (they'd freeze solid!).

lilgreal
April 13th, 2007, 11:49 AM
:offtopic: remaining slightly off-thread, I did have a wringer, my own two hands!:p At that time, I think the cat fur just dripped off with the water. :D

Furbaby Momma
April 13th, 2007, 11:56 AM
May I suggest a static cling spray, it helps so that the fur won't stick to your clothing or furniture. I also put my clothes from the washer in the dryer for half an hour with no fabric sheets first then clean the lint trap and then put the bounce sheet in for the duation needed to dry the load of clothes.

From a home that has four Retrievers, two cats and any foster animals knows what shedding is all about. :laughing:

Charlie05
January 12th, 2009, 10:21 PM
We've just got enough WeatherMate packing tape to last us for life. My dog sheds in two shades of brown, white, and black, and he drools like crazy. I have a wool coat, so when I get home, I have to toss it on the table or something fast before my dog can get to me. Even hanging in a closet, I have to take a lot of tape to it before I leave in the morning, and I have to hurry out the door or else I'll be wearing dog drool to school.
I use dryer sheets, though I'm not sure how much good they do.
The tape doesn't ever get all of it out, because after I get one arm done and move on to the next one, by the time I get done, it's covered again.
I heard brushing every day works, but he's a St. Bernard, and we just have the standard dog brush. YOU try brushing that every day. And it's COLD outside.

hazelrunpack
January 12th, 2009, 10:50 PM
:laughing: I hear ya! We have 8 English Setters... We do brush them every day, however, and it really does help. Concentrate on the longer hairs of the back, butt and tail and you've got half the battle won. :D On days when you're planning to vacuum (every day here :o) brush him in the house--you'll be vacuuming up the furballs right away. Just don't leave food out on the counters or damp dishes in the drainer while you're doing it.

I have a bunch of tape that I use when I'm going to be out in public, too--but I still get people in line behind me tapping me on the shoulder and saying, "Oh, I see you have dogs!" :laughing:

By the way, welcome to the forum, Charlie05! We'd love to see pics of your St Bernard if you have any to share :thumbs up Not in this thread, though--this one is pretty old. If you start a new thread in the Introduce Yourself forum and post a picture, I'm sure you'll get lots of wonderful compliments about your furbaby! :D

lUvMyLaB<3
January 12th, 2009, 10:55 PM
:DSCOTCH has made a new thingy and it is awesome if u have pet hair you MUST have it! It has refills, and it is large with a handle and you can do furniture too easily with it!!.. I know it is embarassing.. I go places with hair on me all the time. and my daughter has these fancy skirts, made from something like organza? anyway the hair weaves in those like crazy! Oh well, hairy as they are I love em anyway!:shrug:

chico2
January 13th, 2009, 07:27 AM
I just made the mistake of buying a pair of nice black wool-pants:laughing:
They seem to suck up white cat-hair like a magnet,I am sure there is black and tabby-hair too..oh well:laughing:

sylvia pacey
March 5th, 2009, 07:03 AM
I have found that a washleather, well wrung out, especially one made of joined scraps is the ideal tool for removing animal hairs from clothing and furniture, bedding and carpets.Use it in a circular motion and it will be perfect for dealing with the problem and is more efficient than lint brushes or masking tape. "Frizzles" mum.

hazelrunpack
March 5th, 2009, 09:47 AM
Like a chamois cloth, sylvia? I'll have to try that! :thumbs up

Welcome to the board, btw! :D

ruby2sday
March 5th, 2009, 10:09 AM
Vacuum more often, everywhere.
Use liquid fabric softener.
Buy a better filter for the furnace, Filtrete 1000 for pets is great.
Groom the pets more often.
That's all I got.

kiara
March 5th, 2009, 11:16 AM
I have two cats, one is a long haired tortie,(but she suffers with never ending hair balls), her hair does not show as much as her sister's, a beige siamese. My husband uses Everyday Essentials, adhesive lint roller every morning before going to work. We get a chuckle out of it, since this is a part of being a pet owner.

Luvmypitgirls
March 5th, 2009, 03:41 PM
I have this brush thingy, it's like a rubbery substance and it removes pet hair pretty well, and then you rinse if off under the tap afterwards, just make sure you have a plug in the sink otherwise you'll plug your drain with a massive hairball...:o yes speaking from experience

onster
March 5th, 2009, 05:53 PM
One of the best things to use to remove cat fur (and im guessing dog fur) from anything is a simple pair of kitchen gloves. You know the ones you wash dishes with?

Put them on and then rub them against whatever surface youre trying to get the fur off of and voila! :D

Really it works. I use it all the time for the furniture and espeically my mom's oriental carpets. It clumps all the hair together :thumbs up

Max's Slave
July 9th, 2011, 04:52 PM
This is exactly why I get a chuckle out of people who say they're looking for a short-haired breed because they don't want to deal with the shedding. The shorter hair is the worse! Ever step on one of those suckers with bare feet? It's like getting a piece of glass stuck in your foot! I've learned that long fur is much easier to tidy up around the house - the Swiffer sctually picks up the long stuff, but it just pushes the short stuff around. :p

This is funny because we just got a short haired curly cocker spaniel hoping for no shedding. (We have allergies.) Now we have to sweep the floor twice a week. :shrug: