Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

dont know who got her pregnant

cherie marg
February 22nd, 2005, 12:46 AM
hjfdtrsdtrsetashytezsdgxdfzserhyasyhdtzxfhy5t

greaterdane
February 22nd, 2005, 12:51 AM
You will have to take her into the vet. How do you know she is pregnant? Also how old is she? You should take her into the vet to have her spayed, at this time they can do something about the puppies that could possibly harm her if they are from such a large breed dog. Good luck and i hope she is ok. Please have her spayed though, its the best for her.

Karin
February 22nd, 2005, 07:12 AM
(here we go again)

I'm going to sit right here on my couch for this one.

BMDLuver
February 22nd, 2005, 07:28 AM
Actually, if she is pregnant... the "don't know who got her pregnant" is a very simple one to answer.. you did as you chose not to have her spayed in a timely fashion.
Please schedule her in to the vets for her spaying and then the "who" won't really matter, right?

Carina
February 22nd, 2005, 07:44 AM
How pregnant is she?
It can be dangerous to let her carry a pregnancy to term especially if the father was a big dog.
You must take her to your vet right away, and she must be spayed.

Katherine1
February 22nd, 2005, 08:00 AM
(here we go again) I'm sit sit right here on my couch for this one.
:confused: There is only one solution for this situation if you care about this furbaby.

Move over Karin I am sitting with you on the couch :D .

chico2
February 22nd, 2005, 08:06 AM
I have kind of a hard time picturing a big dog and a little dog,but I suppose it's possible,maybe in"spoon"fashion :D
Anyway,there is only one answer,or I should say two..Vet and Spay!!
Leave some space on the couch!!!

GsdDiamond
February 22nd, 2005, 10:19 AM
This angers me. The answer to "who" got her pregnant is easy: YOU DID! ... by not getting her fixed in a timely fashion. The answer to "which dog" did it....only time would tell....and it may very well kill your dog. Are you willing to put your dog at risk because you CHOSE not to have your dog spayed?

*parks her butt on the couch.....waiting to see IF this person returns*

sammiec
February 22nd, 2005, 10:28 AM
Please, consult your vet in the VERY NEAR future about what actions to take. Your dog could be in danger! Having her spayed will prevent any further complications...
May I ask why she has been hanging around two large breed dogs that are intact?

http://users.telenet.be/eforum/emoticons4u/mad/1106.gif

Make some room on that couch ladies! I'm coming over.

raingirl
February 22nd, 2005, 10:36 AM
Just to clarify, since I'm not sure anyone pointed this out, you can get your dog spayed AFTER she got pregnant. (i.e. getting an abortion for the pups at the same time she is getting spayed).

GsdDiamond
February 22nd, 2005, 10:39 AM
I'm pretty sure it can be done....folks here have mentioned it a few times. But it has to be done early....as soon as you think the dog may be pregnant.

sammiec
February 22nd, 2005, 10:41 AM
I am sure that with dogs and cats the pregnancy can be terminated up to full term. To terminate a pregnancy at full term might be more difficult emotionally, but it can be done. (If I am wrong someone people correct).

meb999
February 22nd, 2005, 10:48 AM
I hope you've got a flame-proof suit!

Let the battle begin!!!http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/spezial/Fool/box2.gif

I think I'll stand behind the couch....in case things get ugly! http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/couch.gif

ps--- what's a peekapoo?????

mastifflover
February 22nd, 2005, 11:00 AM
Yes you can have the dog spayed even if she is preggers. This dog is she is preggers by one of the dogs mentioned yes it could kill her. Does anybody around you spay or neuter there pets, if not do it, pet overpopulation is a huge problem and by not s/n you are contributing to it.

A peekapoo is a mutt, peke and poodle cross (designer breed)

Hey move over and make some room on the couch for me

Luvmypit
February 22nd, 2005, 11:08 AM
Brought some popcorn, come on now move those big butts over!

SPAY SPAY SPAY.

Go to the vet, have the dog looked at, ask about abortion and get that thing spayed spayed spayed. Unfortunantly you put your dog at risk and really its not her fault. Its yours and you need to seek immediate vet care. Oh and did I mention you need to SPAY HER NOW!

Don't worry your not the first person to not read the read before you post instructions. If you did then you would know that this is a big big issue with people here that unfortunantly have to adopt, and foster these dogs that are born out of carelessnes.

DOESNT ANYONE LISTEN TO BOB BARKER?????

sammiec
February 22nd, 2005, 11:14 AM
DOESNT ANYONE LISTEN TO BOB BARKER?????

Is he still alive!?!?

Is this our replacement for the lost hockey season??

Lucky Rescue
February 22nd, 2005, 11:29 AM
The thing is that the only dogs she's been around are (1)a border collie & (2)husky-germanshepered-lab cross.

Leaving a bitch in heat with intact male dogs does usually result in pregnancy. One or both of them are the father(s). Yes, your dog can die, or at the very least need a very expensive C-section to whelp.

Yes you can get her spayed right now and that is what I advise.

Schwinn
February 22nd, 2005, 11:35 AM
Sorry, ladies, but I'm afraid the couch may be too close to the flames for me.

*runs from room ducking, going to get ice-cream for aftermath*

sammiec
February 22nd, 2005, 11:45 AM
Are you saying we're hot!?

** CHICKEN!! throwing popcorn at Scwhinn **

Schwinn
February 22nd, 2005, 12:03 PM
Are you saying we're hot!?

** CHICKEN!! throwing popcorn at Scwhinn **

Because I'm not a dumb man...yes, yes I am.

sammiec
February 22nd, 2005, 12:12 PM
LOL @ Schwinn! Yer silly.

maddoxies
February 22nd, 2005, 05:01 PM
Ok ladies, flame throwers down !!http://users.telenet.be/eforum/emoticons4u/violent/sterb032.gif

This is the lady's first post. I know how we all feel, but rather than scare her off, let's keep her coming back so we can educate. We tell two friends, and she tells two friends, and so on and so on ........

Schwinn: Glad to see you practicing your ducking now, wait "til those hormones start raging :crazy:

heidiho
February 22nd, 2005, 05:24 PM
Did we ever get to see what Schiwnn looked like??

chico2
February 22nd, 2005, 05:38 PM
Hiedi,nice of you to visit ever now and then :D
Idon't think he has shown us a pic,but he has a great sense of humour,a little weird maybehttp://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/crazy01.gifand also a soon to be daddy :thumbs up

lezzpezz
February 22nd, 2005, 07:13 PM
My dog is a peekapoo-****sew and is pregnant. The thing is that the only dogs she's been around are (1)a border collie & (2)husky-germanshepered-lab cross. Those dogs are big. If my dog is pregnant from one of those is she going to be ok?. Is it possible for such a small dog to live threw that.?HELP

I figured out what the "peekapoo" is, but there's more.....
it's a "peekapoo - ****sew". What, may I ask, is "-****sew"? And I also noticed that one of the "fathers" had a lot of mixture happening. Hmmm....spay/neuter/oh boy..... :(

glasslass
February 22nd, 2005, 08:16 PM
I'm going to guess Sh1tzu (my spelling just as bad)!

Is it warm in here? Or am I just having a hot flash?

Karin
February 22nd, 2005, 08:19 PM
My dog is a peekapoo-****sew and is pregnant. The thing is that the only dogs she's been around are (1)a border collie & (2)husky-germanshepered-lab cross. Those dogs are big. If my dog is pregnant from one of those is she going to be ok?. Is it possible for such a small dog to live threw that.?HELP

Cherie, if you are still out there, somewhere.
I once assisted in a dystocia emergency involving a small breed dog bred to a very large breed dog. Never again..I can take alot..but not this. The female came to us long after a c section was possible, paws were present, one puppy, we did open her to remove then remains of the puppy since the poor pups paws were severed..and the puppy lodged itself in the pelvic cavity.... The puppy was alive in the birth canal...I wish it was not...I was the one who pulled her paws off while the vet was preping for Sx..he told me to pull. Mom barely survived..her uterus was ruputered. This happened in 1980...I am still amazed the puppy lived that long. Most die prior to delivery..I put her down on the table, she was still breathing her first gasps of air. My boss was still working on mom...he told me to do it now.

Never again. That puppy was a fighter.

happycats
February 22nd, 2005, 08:22 PM
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/goted04.gif
HEY WATCH WHERE YOUR AIMING THAT FLAME THROWER !!!
INNOCENT BY-STANDER HERE!!

Lucky Rescue
February 22nd, 2005, 08:59 PM
Karin that's horrible. Must be difficult to restrain yourself from physically attacking the people responsible for such suffering.

I hope the OP will take the advice offered here and get her dog spayed.:(

daisy18216
February 22nd, 2005, 09:32 PM
I'm guessing that this woman isn't coming back.

I feel very sorry for the peekapoo. It's always the dog that suffers. :sad:

I hope she takes the advice and gets her spayed. If she really cares about her dog then I don't see her questioning on getting her spayed.

People come on here and ask for advice, but then they don't like the response they get. Why even bother if you don't want to take the advice. We're all animal lovers here and are looking at the best interest for the animals.

happycats
February 22nd, 2005, 09:41 PM
Oh Karin, that must have been a horrible experience, :sorry: .
Animals always seem to suffer at the hands of man. makes me ashamed to be human sometimes !!

chico2
February 23rd, 2005, 09:03 AM
Karin,what a terrible story,just makes me sick.... :sad:

Schwinn
February 23rd, 2005, 09:41 AM
Did we ever get to see what Schiwnn looked like??

I did once reveal my secret identity, I guess I wasn't that memorable. ;)

Schwinn
February 23rd, 2005, 09:50 AM
Cherie marg has been on again (I checked her profile, no I don't know her), but I don't know if I would want to reply again if I were her. Just an observation, everyone, but we really do tend to jump on people quickly here. I'm going to be honest, it never occured to me that there would be an issue with a small breed dog giving birth to a large breed pup (except in extreme situations). A large amount of my knowledge comes from here. I think, sometimes, we need to hold back a little bit and educate rather than attack. I also confess that it was years before it even occured to me to get an animal fixed. Not criticizing here, just a friendly suggestion. We should be careful when a new person turns to us for help. Although it may seem like "pet owning 101", there are many, many people who don't have the wide range of knowledge that a lot of people on here do, especially those who get thier first pet from the humane society because they think they may want one. I've had dogs most of my life, but it wasn't until Daisy I learned a lot of what I know, and that was only because of her breed. If she had been a regular mutt, like I've always had, I probably wouldn't know nearly as much, because I didn't know how much I, well, didn't know.

(Off for ice-cream...)

Luvmypit
February 23rd, 2005, 10:36 AM
I hear ya schwinn. I have said this many a times. But I do understand why people get so upset. These are things that can be easily avoided. Im sure we all feel like a broken record. FIX FIX FIX. BUT its also important that we realize and again i have said this time and time again that i had no idea about half of these things I was just the lucky one who read before posting. But I did know the importance of spaying, Bob Barker taught me that.

The important thing is getting the message out and I have to say the message does get out!

Runs to schwinn behind couch with big tub of icecream.

heidiho
February 23rd, 2005, 10:39 AM
Oh ok sorry

Lucky Rescue
February 23rd, 2005, 10:41 AM
I agree Schwinn! And there are many posts here telling the OP to spay her dog and why not doing so is dangerous. However, I have to respectfully point out that YOUR post was not one of those, but rather one making jokes about "flames.";)

lezzpezz
February 23rd, 2005, 10:50 AM
I guess I missed the speach by Bob Barker. Is he an animal advocate and not just a tv personality? Didn't he get sued for harrassing one of his models? Hmmm.... :rolleyes:

sammiec
February 23rd, 2005, 10:54 AM
Lezzer, at the end of each episode he says "Don't forget to spay and neuter your pets!"

lezzpezz
February 23rd, 2005, 11:10 AM
I haven't watched that show in decades, so I apologize for being out of the loop. Good for Bob!

Trinitie
February 23rd, 2005, 11:22 AM
Bob Barker has been advocating the spay and neutering of pets for decades!

I also think that, as a group, we have a tendancy (me included) to jump the gun. We must learn to listen first, then advise as needed.

But, when people come here to post questions, looking for advice, they must be ready to accept responsibility for at least part of the problem. It was not the dog's fault that she got pregnant. It was not the fault of the dog who impregnated her. It is the fault of the owner. If she's not the owner, and just someone seeking advice, then no blame should be placed on her. The owner should have spayed the dog, and that's pretty much it. But, what's happened has happened. A vet is the next course of action.

Schwinn
February 23rd, 2005, 11:37 AM
Oh ok sorry

No need to be sorry. I understand if I am one of the faceless masses *sigh*. But I do have a picture somewhere in the thread about "faces" from quite a while ago.

I agree Schwinn! And there are many posts here telling the OP to spay her dog and why not doing so is dangerous. However, I have to respectfully point out that YOUR post was not one of those, but rather one making jokes about "flames." ;)

Fair enough. That's what I do :D . I'm only saying that there seems to be a lot of times when someone new comes in, all of a sudden everyone is on them like stink on a skunk when they say something that isn't popular. And I know I've been guilty of getting into it before as well. I'm just saying that sometimes we tend to condemn before giving the person a chance to say, "Oh, I didn't know" or explain or anything like that.

twinmommy
February 23rd, 2005, 12:11 PM
I feel that where we can be quick to "flame" sometimes...it comes from exasperation, and no we can't be instantly "fed up" of an OP who is posting for the first time...at some point we are simply stating basic pet owning facts.

Coming here and posting and acting like it is a revelation to spay/neuter is like acting like you had no idea that smoking was bad for your health.

Although as was mentioned before (maybe not this thread it might have been another) I do agree that it is more important to educate than to ostracize.(sp?)

Luvmypit
February 23rd, 2005, 01:37 PM
Trust me some people need to be flamed. :evil: Honestly I understand why the flame suit comes out but lets let them explain themselves before we start suiting up. Give them atleast one response then we can start throwing flames.

nymph
February 23rd, 2005, 05:06 PM
This is the lady's first post. I know how we all feel, but rather than scare her off, let's keep her coming back so we can educate. We tell two friends, and she tells two friends, and so on and so on ........

I completely agree with you goldengirl. http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/peace1.gif

cherie marg
February 26th, 2005, 01:32 AM
Thanks for all the info, allthough some peopleneed to chill out a little before being so rude. You dont know the circumstance and this was the first time i ever did any thing like this. I was asking the question for my cousin (who dosn't have a computer). They live on a farm and have 2 little dogsand one big dog the other is the neighbors, they didn't get the dog spayed because they have bread it with other SMALL dogs before, they didn't just let the dog out, He got out somehow. They didn't even know & (i didn't even know) that it was posible for a big to get a little dog. But it wasn't that they didn't care they just didn't realize it could happen. I have only owned a dog for the last 2-3 years and have never owned one before that so i really had no idea . . So as a friend i looked first on the net they didn't know if it was a dangerous sittuation so before they worried to much i offered to find info on net.As i found this site, thinking that i would get a friendly reply (wich i thank those of you who did).Instead i get nothing but rude smart ass comments that i dont think any of you would like. You are all pet lovers and would like nothing more than to discuss and help others who enter this site,and are all like you.At 23yrs old even i know that WORD OF MOUTH is the best way of having new peoplecheck things out.(like this site). If i wasn't such a soft person i would make sure to tell people never to look at this site because the people are crul. So to conclude i gave all the addvice to my cousin and she did phone the vet and is going in this week.
THANKS AGAIN
Cherie

amber416
February 26th, 2005, 02:16 AM
I personally didn't respond at all to your first post but I just went back and read it now and you specifically said the pregnant dog was yours. If it is not your dog and you are just trying to help a friend then you obviously did nothing wrong and people would most likely not have responded so harshly to you, but how were the people who responded supposed to know that when twice you wrote "my dog"? I'm sure nobody was trying to be rude but it was more like a truth hurts kind of a thing. Everyone simply has the animal's best interest in mind and sometimes the poster's feelings or perception of the responses has to take the backseat. Anyway,i'm glad you helped your friend and the dog is going to the vet :-)

maddoxies
February 26th, 2005, 02:30 AM
Cherie: I sent you a private message. If you look at the top right part of the computer screen, in the blue header shading, you will see Weclome and below that Private Messages. Click on the words Private Message and you will be able to retrieve the message.

I am glad that the owners will be taking her to the vet. That is the most important thing. That she be taken care of.

Lucky Rescue
February 26th, 2005, 06:43 PM
My dog is a peekapoo-****sew and is pregnant

So the dog was yours, and now it's not...?

You were given a lot of good advice - namely, to abort and spay your dog (or whoever's dog) and why.

they didn't get the dog spayed because they have bread it with other SMALL dogs before

Why on earth are they, or you, breeding mutts?? :confused:

Schwinn
March 1st, 2005, 05:54 PM
I have to wonder, why does it matter who's dog it was? Would we have been less rude if we knew it wasn't hers? And maybe it is hers, and she's still trying to get some helpful advice without people further jumping down her throat. Either way, what a ridiculous thing to jump on someone for. The fact that someone came in for advice and help should be enough for us to give them the benefit of doubt long enough to find out what is going on. I'm sure there will be one or two who will point out the "folly of my thoughts", but I think some people really need to chill for a second or two when someone new comes on. We're supposed to be an open community, not an exclusive club for people who all think the same. And even if those thoughts and opinions from others are negligent, would it not be better to try and find out what exactly is going on before jumping all over them? I've got big shoulders, I can take a little flammage, but please think about what I've said as you're flambaing...flambaying...flambe-ing...aw, crap...flaming me.

twodogsandacat
March 1st, 2005, 06:12 PM
Monday, Dec. 6, 2004 | DURHAM, N.C. -- Television personality Bob Barker has donated $1 million to Duke Law School to create the Bob Barker Endowment Fund for the Study of Animal Rights Law.

The Barker fund will support teaching at Duke Law School in the growing field of animal rights law, including opportunities for students to work for course credit on cases involving compliance with state animal cruelty laws and other forms of animal rights advocacy. North Carolina is the only state that allows individuals and citizens’ organizations to seek injunctions against violators of the state’s animal cruelty laws.

http://www.dukenews.duke.edu/news/barker_1204.html

heidiho
March 1st, 2005, 06:14 PM
Ok I have to know also, whos dog is it?????????????????????????????????????

heidiho
March 1st, 2005, 06:15 PM
Bob Barker is AWESOME he has said spay and neuter your pets after every show for the last 20 or so years......Love him............

BoxerRescueMTL
March 1st, 2005, 06:45 PM
have to wonder, why does it matter who's dog it was? Would we have been less rude if we knew it wasn't hers? And maybe it is hers, and she's still trying to get some helpful advice without people further jumping down her throat. Either way, what a ridiculous thing to jump on someone for. The fact that someone came in for advice and help should be enough for us to give them the benefit of doubt long enough to find out what is going on. I'm sure there will be one or two who will point out the "folly of my thoughts", but I think some people really need to chill for a second or two when someone new comes on. We're supposed to be an open community, not an exclusive club for people who all think the same. And even if those thoughts and opinions from others are negligent, would it not be better to try and find out what exactly is going on before jumping all over them? I've got big shoulders, I can take a little flammage, but please think about what I've said as you're flambaing...flambaying...flambe-ing...aw, crap...flaming me.

No flames from me, Schwinn. Well said. :thumbs up

mastifflover
March 1st, 2005, 06:54 PM
I agree with you as well schwinn no wonder she has only been back once do you blame her.

happycats
March 1st, 2005, 07:02 PM
I'm sorry but I beg to differ, I don't think anyone was that hard on her, they were just telling the truth, and yeah sometimes the truth hurts, but does that mean we should lie??

"how wonderful that your small little peekapoo, was bred with a BC or husky!!" Can't wait to see pics !! (If she survives the birth that is)

Most of us are here for the love of animals, not the love irresponsible people who own animals!!

Get your flame throwers out if you want, I'm all suited up !! :evil:

aussiemedogs
March 1st, 2005, 07:02 PM

I for one believe in spaying or neuturing, but I also believe the only way to get people to realize this is to HELP them understand the reasons behind them. I don't however understand why a person comes on here for advise (we don't know the current situation) and she is flamed for asking for help.

You have set your standards and you stand behind them(and I applaud you all for this) but sometimes things need to be looked at in a different light. Your not helping anyone by flaming them, your turning them away! Who is going to suffer now because of this, its not going to be any of us is it? But what about this little dog and its owner?

I have heard stories where a trainer, vet and so on will tell you not to fix a dog because they want to see the character and all the other BS you can think of. To a new owner this whole problem could have been due to ignorance. You want to help people then do just that!

Sorry if this is long winded but it really discourages me when I see someone else get hurt from harshness. There are alot of people that are uneducated about pets, don't turn the ones that need your help away or you will see the results of this with more puppies and kittens! :grouphug:

amber416
March 1st, 2005, 09:24 PM
I agree, happycats. I read through all the replies and I don't think anyone was all that harsh with their responses. As much as being hurt by the way people relayed their advice, i'm sure she didn't appreciate all the couch and flame comments, which probably felt like ridicule to her and many people participated in those comments. Bottom line is people come here to get help and other posters are being quite nice simply by taking the time out of their day to try and give them that help. Aside from being humane, which everyone was in this case, it is nobody's job to sugarcoat anything.

TWilson9498
March 1st, 2005, 09:25 PM
I agree with the fact that it doesn't matter who's dog it is, although the story is conflicting.. either way she would have gotten the same responses from everyone. Either telling her directly or telling her to advice the dog owner.. all that is beside the point, the dog is probably hers but she came back & retracted her story to get people off her back... that probably would have worked until she said we breed her with SMALL dogs only... well freaking wonderful! It's great to know you (or the other dog's owner)only "purposely" breed her with SMALL dogs not the larger ones... Geeesh... When I was younger my neighbor had a cocker spaniel... she was bred with a freaking rott that was running around getting every female within a 10 mile radius pregnant.. not only was it the rott but also a poodle.. she ended up having 6 pups, one still born.. they had HUGE feet and heads.. from the rott.. the spaniels body and curly hair from the poodle... I'm sure that nearly killed her.. they gave all the pups away.. as it took a long time since they were so "unusual" looking.. then the mother got out again, was hit by a car and died.. now that's responsible heh? Anyway, sometimes people do jump on newbies here a little too quickly, myself included and I haven't been here all that long. In my first post I was jumped on for having a 4 week old chi, but nobody knew WHY I had her at such a young age, until I explained then everyone was all "thanks for rescuing her!" I don't agree with this thread at all, I think she came here only to find out if 2 dogs could father one litter because she knew she was letting this dog breed and then "accidently" the big dog got her.. I believe it is her dog, and she will not s/n any of them, but that is just my opinion.

Writing4Fun
March 1st, 2005, 09:40 PM
I think it was unfortunate that this person posted when they did. It seems this board has had a rash of "looking to breed my pet" posts lately - this was (I hope!) one of the last ones, and so they bore the brunt of the falling patience levels. There was A LOT of really great advice given, too. We can only hope it was taken to heart.

Lucky Rescue
March 1st, 2005, 09:47 PM
I have to wonder, why does it matter who's dog it was?

It does matter, because all our advice may come to nothing if the dog isn't hers and she has no control over the care.

As for the flames, other than the people here making cracks and jokes about flamethrowers and sofas, all I see is advice to spay the dog asap, and why -that she could die trying to whelp very large puppies.

TWilson9498
March 1st, 2005, 10:19 PM
Well I have to wonder, if you're not willing to be honest about who's dog it is in the first place will they actually take the advice given? I mean yeah sure, people make mistakes about breeding dogs, there are well respected people who have posted many times on this site who "confessed" to either breeding or agreeing to breed in the future, if they can own up to what they did or were going to do, then obviously they will take the advice given. But when someone can't even be honest, who has time to give this person sympathy? I mean come on now, you guys are all doing wonderful things for animals but you can't help people who aren't even honest with you from the jump, now can you? You can't help people who really don't want to help themselves. This dog was bred long before the "big dog" came along, and will continue to be bred no matter what is said to this person, I understand it is always worth a shot to inform people, but I just don't see this one listening. But then again I could be wrong...

chico2
March 2nd, 2005, 09:16 AM
I am sorry,but this poor little dog,already bred several times with other SMALL dogs,now possibly with large dogs,is in an abusive situation not much better than a BB.
Although there is no humour in it for the poor dog,sometimes we have to throw in a little humour,when these impossible questions come up...no harm meant and there is nothing we can do,other than hope the owners take this little dog to the vet.Only the vet can tell if she's in danger or not.
If a poster get angry,maybe angry enough to see the error of her way,then we have accomplished what needed to be done.

Karin
March 2nd, 2005, 06:59 PM
It does matter, because all our advice may come to nothing if the dog isn't hers and she has no control over the care.

As for the flames, other than the people here making cracks and jokes about flamethrowers and sofas, all I see is advice to spay the dog asap, and why -that she could die trying to whelp very large puppies.

*I have a couch*