Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

The EGG has landed!

canine14
February 20th, 2005, 12:51 PM
Carina's Egg (a no-tail Siamese kitten of 3 months) is now a Canadian citizen. She joins her Manx brother Harry in a house that has five cats, but only three tails, and one very happy dog to have a new playmate. Egg plays with the dog more than with the other cats. She is a joy and we are happy to have her.

Lisa (and Harry and crew)

canine14
February 20th, 2005, 12:53 PM
Here is Egg and Ava.

Carina
February 20th, 2005, 12:57 PM
Awwww!!!!! :love: :love:
I just knew she would love Ava! That is so cool, Lisa. Thank you for giving her a wonderful home and thank you for posting photos!
Guess I'd better take Egg off my signature line now. :)

BMDLuver
February 20th, 2005, 02:01 PM
Welcome to Canada Egg! She'll have a great life at your place Lisa!

Lucky Rescue
February 20th, 2005, 03:33 PM
Glad the Egg didn't crack when she landed.... :p

Finally we get to see that beautiful girl. This is SUCH a happy story.

Thank you Carina for saving her, and to Lisa for taking her in. Yay!!!!!!

Who says nothing good happens on this board? :D

chico2
February 20th, 2005, 04:12 PM
Awww,that's great news :D Thank's to all of you involved and to Lisa for giving Omelette..oops :D Egg a good home!!

Carina
February 20th, 2005, 05:02 PM
Who says nothing good happens on this board? :D

No kidding!!
For anyone who didn't catch the other threads...I got Egg, thinking my dogs would be fine with her, since they'd both lived with a cat for years. But Daphne could not tolerate her; I tried and tried but Daphne would've killed Egg, given the chance. Cooper really liked her and taught her a lot about dogs (like don't launch Claws Of Death sneak attacks of Rottweiler faces when they are eating dinner.) :eek: So Egg is quite attuned to the Ways Of Dog. She & Cooper would nuzzle faces.
But anyhow it became clear it wasn't going to work with Daphne...I posted about it here a little while back, and Lisa & I did quite a bit of behind-the-scenes work to make this happen!
Egg also has some possible chronic health issues (which may or may not be the case, depending on care & how she matures.) Being born without a tail meant that she is prone to problems with pooping properly, plus having kittens would probably kill her because her pelvis is very narrow. So it was real important to me that she get a home where she'd be assured a loving and comitted human family.
And she has that now and I am very happy. :)

Karin
February 20th, 2005, 05:39 PM
Another happy ending....

glasslass
February 20th, 2005, 07:29 PM
I looove happy endings - with or without tail! :D