Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Our Little Romeo

caliper
February 20th, 2005, 07:52 AM
Romeo was a short haired black& white tabby cat. I cant put a picture here for you all as ill cry more then I am right now. He was with us for almost sixteen years up until this past friday. He is the third pet we have lost over the years and it never gets easier to accept. He was a bouncing 20 lb cat all his life and over the last couple of months losts 30 % of his body weight and we knew something was really wrong and perhaps did not want to accept that. Romeo's doctor told us that his kidneys were failing him and allthough he didnt feel that he was in immediate pain he probably would be soon and we didnt want that for him. Romeo wasnt eating what he used to eating and that couldnt jump on the bed any longer and his hips wouldnt allow him to stand correctly. I still feel he is in the house and thats what I will cling on to.
We both have alot of love to give another pet whether a kitten or puppy its only when.

Thank you all for listening to me.
Cal

chico2
February 20th, 2005, 08:04 AM
Awww Caliper,I feel for you in your loss,but you loved Romeo enough not to let him suffer,failing kidneys is very painful to a cat :sad:
Everyone here can sympathize with your grief and it will take time :sad:
But like you say,you have a lot of love to give and there are thousands of kitties begging to come to a loving home..Romeo would understand :love:
Although under very sad circumstances,Welcome to the Forum!http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/cat6.gif

glasslass
February 20th, 2005, 09:44 AM
Caliper, I feel your pain, we all do. I lost my black & white, almost 16yo, Puss-Puss, almost 3 wks ago. You've come to the right place to meet understanding people who know exactly what you are experiencing. I too would like to welcome you and hope to also hear from you when times are better. And, I would love to see a picture of your Romeo when you feel up to it.

Copper'sMom
February 20th, 2005, 06:08 PM
Sorry for your loss. Most of us know the pain of losing a loved one. Take all the time you need to grieve. My thoughts are with you. :grouphug:

Lucky Rescue
February 20th, 2005, 10:03 PM
Awww, I'm so sorry.:( You're right - it never gets easier. But I hope you can take some comfort in the fact that your kitty had a long and happy life with you. He was truly one of the lucky ones.

When you feel like it we would love to see a pic.

Luvmypit
February 22nd, 2005, 02:48 PM
:sorry: . I know how hard it is and your right it never gets easier. I still can't look of video of my old family dogs. Im really sorry and i hope you stay with us a while and maybe we can help you find a new friend when the time is right. Again Im really sorry. Take care!

caliper
February 22nd, 2005, 05:21 PM
First I want to thank you all for making these last few says a little bit easier. I will over the next couple put pics of my baby for all to see. Thank you for accepting me and I will be needing your help. Mary Ann and I have been doing quite a bit of talking as to when we will be bringing someone new into our fold. It took me to until today to realize that I need some time to grieve my loss. Thanks again for all your kind words..Cal....

Iggette
March 23rd, 2005, 04:36 AM
I am so sorry for your loss

Princesss04
March 23rd, 2005, 09:34 AM
I am so sorry to hear about your baby! You are in my thoughts and prayers. :sorry: