Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dog walking in Calgary

Catt31
February 18th, 2005, 04:54 PM
Anyone up for a walk at the Southland off leash park on Sunday morning????
Say about 10??

Let me know who is interested.

Heinz57
February 18th, 2005, 05:16 PM
Aww I wish you lived up here, or me down there. I'm up in Northeast. I just read your other post about snob park. I usually to hang out more at Prairie Winds park, or rather by the park until they turned the field into yet another big building. I have issues with driving..was going to Pm this to you, but what the heck, I have panic attacks for the last year or so and driving in the city has become a major problem for me. I wish I was out in the country..hope you find some FUN people to walk with! Thanks so much for your help with petcare. Have a plan for Einstein now, started with the basic one. Love their policies, can upgrade anytime, no small print that they don't tell you of. Take care :love:

Catt31
February 19th, 2005, 07:18 AM
I'm in the NE too, but I'm willing to drive to get to a friendly park!!! LOL Are you familiar with Snob Park?? On the corner of McKnight and 68th? I know Sarah goes there too but I haven't seen her and Belle there yet! Is Prairie Winds off leash? Apparently there is a small bluff past 68th on 32nd that people go to, the farmer who owns the land allows it, so I'm gonna go try that out today I think!!! I'll keep ya posted!!! Driving in this city is stressful, I don't blame you!!! Can cause anyone anxiety attacks at any given time!! Ugh!!! If you ever want to meet up here in the NE, I'm game!!! Let me know!!!

Anyone else up for Sun. morning?

Heinz57
February 19th, 2005, 01:19 PM
McKnight and 68th??? I can drive there LOL! Well Catt, we could start our OWN snob club and drive the others away OR show them how decent people behave and maybe they'd join the FUN istead of being so "snobby". Can drive 68th and 32nd Ave too, it's more the major roads where I feel I have no "escape" that cause the panic to be bad. Anyways, hubby has my van for 2 weeks now, am feeling very couped up. His van should be fixed by the end of this weekend, if not he has to get a new one which we can't afford. Hmm he has a poker date with his pals tonight for peanuts as we have no money LOL, just over in whitehorn, so maybe after 6 pm I could meet you over there. Is it all fenced? Keyto's rear right leg is acting up more than usual these past two days but a breif jaunt may be just what the doc ordered.

Catt31
February 19th, 2005, 02:02 PM
Awesome!! It is all fenced except for the few openings where you get in and out, but I think there are only 3 or 4 at the most. It's a pretty good set up actually - too bad the people are nasty!!!! LOL

I have to go out tonight but are you able to meet up tomorrow there? It doesn't look like anyone wants to go to Southland, so I can just meet you at "Snob Park" - if that works for you?!?! Let me know!!! I'll check back on here often!! :)

Heinz57
February 21st, 2005, 11:16 AM
Sorry, had b-day shopping for my twin boys to do yesterday. Today they are 15 yrs old!! Oh and it's gone to their heads that Klein made a holiday just for them LOL! It always seems Family day always falls on their B-Day. Is it always on the 21st? Ouch, I broke my nail badly (short). I rambled again. I should have my van back wednesday at the latest, hoping the mechanic guy gets my hubby's drive shaft in today. I'd love to meet up with you and let Eintiny play with Brick, Keyto just can't with her hips. Will Pm you or post as soon as I have my van back. :)

Catt31
February 21st, 2005, 03:13 PM
No worries!! Happy B-day twins!!! Wowzers!!! Family day is always the 3rd Monday of Feb., so whatever date that falls on is it I guess. Yeah, we can thank Klein for one thing I guess!!! LOL (don't get me started!!!)

Let me know when you get your van back, and for sure we'll let our hounds play! I checked out that Badger Park off of 32nd and it's pretty cool, just a marshy area between the houses and a farmers grain field...lots of good smells and bushes to pee on!!! Brick had a blast!!! We could go there or to Snob Park, whichever!!! Good luck with the van!!!

SarahLynn123
February 22nd, 2005, 02:47 PM
I'm in the NE too, but I'm willing to drive to get to a friendly park!!! LOL Are you familiar with Snob Park?? On the corner of McKnight and 68th? I know Sarah goes there too but I haven't seen her and Belle there yet! Is Prairie Winds off leash? Apparently there is a small bluff past 68th on 32nd that people go to, the farmer who owns the land allows it, so I'm gonna go try that out today I think!!! I'll keep ya posted!!! Driving in this city is stressful, I don't blame you!!! Can cause anyone anxiety attacks at any given time!! Ugh!!! If you ever want to meet up here in the NE, I'm game!!! Let me know!!!

Anyone else up for Sun. morning?

Let me know about the 68th and 32nd. Maybe thats where the nice people of the NE go! We dont really go to snob park anymore, We have been going to Nose Hill and Southland now. Much better people! I will probably go back there in the summer when its light out later in the evening, let Belle run for a bit at night, its so close to my house! I didnt see this post until today, Too bad, would have loved to go for a walk on sunday! Next time!!

Catt31
February 22nd, 2005, 06:35 PM
Ackk, I explained all about Badger Park in the wrong post...ahhh well....it's all in the snob park topic...... It was totally cool, Sarah, we should meet up there one day, and Heinz57 when she gets her van going! And anyone else who wants to wander up to the NE!!!!