Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Shih Tzu Question

gjohnson
February 18th, 2005, 02:29 PM
I have a 7 year old Shih Tzu that stayed up most of the night panting do you think this is something that I should be concerned about? She use to do this in the summer but hasn't really done it much through the winter. I adopted her in May and she's my first dog, so I'm still learning about her and I always worry that somethings wrong.

sammiec
February 18th, 2005, 02:46 PM
Has she done this before? It could be any number of things, I'm not sure... but I can tell you about my dog! ;)

My dog likes to sleep in bed with me when my hubby-to-be is out of town. She get right under the heavy duvet cover too... she wakes up some nights panting because she's so hot! :p But won't get out. Silly dog.

gjohnson
February 18th, 2005, 02:55 PM
She doesn't usually stay up during the night panting. She was sitting upright by my head. She sometimes pants and tremors just sitting there during the day. My husband says its because were leaving for work. But I have seen her tremor when were home.

animalsrock
March 12th, 2005, 08:05 PM
my aunt's small dog trembles when she is scared or cold, but she only pants when she is hot.

topaz_n29
March 12th, 2005, 08:26 PM
Panting is the way dogs perspire..but my 12 yr. old maltese does it sumtmx too..even in winter..or when she is upset..like on her way to the vets..lol..vet cud tell u more

Prin
March 12th, 2005, 09:13 PM
My doggies both pant when they have to pee...