Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cat Breeding

ThreeCats
February 18th, 2005, 01:51 AM
I have the most beautiful long haired Russian Blue. She turned 1 year old on January 1st. I am thinking about Breeding her but I cant find anyone that will breed her with me.

If anyone has a male Russian Blue I would love talk.

Bye for now

Karin
February 18th, 2005, 07:28 AM
I have the most beautiful long haired Russian Blue. She turned 1 year old on January 1st. I am thinking about Breeding her but I cant find anyone that will breed her with me.

If anyone has a male Russian Blue I would love talk.

Bye for now

Do you love your cat? If so, please have her spayed asap. She is way past due and every heat cycle you allow her to suffer from increases the risk of hormonal type cancers and uterine infections.

There are already way too many unwanted cats in this world, why add to the problem?

amber416
February 18th, 2005, 07:41 AM
Threecats, I'm not trying to be rude but I read another one of your posts where you said you didn't have enough money to spay your three cats so how will you be able to afford the vet care you will need if you breed one of them, not to mention for the kittens?

Writing4Fun
February 18th, 2005, 08:05 AM
Requests for breeding partners are not allowed on this board. I have forwarded this thread to one of the moderators. Hopefully, it'll be gone soon.

chico2
February 18th, 2005, 08:13 AM
Amber,very observant of you,being a newbie and all :thumbs up

I think everyone on this Forum agrees,maybe this young lady is thinking of making some money on Russian Blue kittens,but I believe she's sadly missinformed.Breeding a cat properly costs money,proper aftercare costs money,eventual birthing-problems costs money,not to forget pain and suffering.
Also,chances are these kittens,no matter how beautiful,will end up in a pet-shop and there are thousands of beautiful cats/kittens in kill-shelters.
So please,love your beautiful Russian Blue for herself,save up enough money to have your 3 cats spayed and leave the breeding to the already too many breeders.

mona_b
February 18th, 2005, 08:18 AM
Ummmmmm,not to sound like a know it all,but the Russian Blue does NOT come long haired.They have a short,thick coat. :rolleyes:

And I totally agree with what amber said.You can't afford to have your cats spayed,so how on earth can you afford afford to take care of kittens?

Get your cats spayed ASAP.

sammiec
February 18th, 2005, 08:34 AM
"This forum is dedicated to discussions and information related to specific breeds.Please no selling! Please don't post requests for breeding partners. Posts of this nature will be deleted. "

Princesss04
February 18th, 2005, 09:10 AM
Go Mona B way to get um. That is a good point. LOL :D It cracks me up all these people come on here and post dumb things and than they never come back never respond. :confused:

chico2
February 18th, 2005, 09:14 AM
Mona,I was thinking that too,but was not sure...a friend of mine has a RB and he has a beautiful tight smooth coat.

Princesss04
February 18th, 2005, 09:36 AM
I am surprised they have not closed this thread yet.

mona_b
February 18th, 2005, 09:41 AM
That's exactly how the coat should be chico.

My sister had one years ago.And sure enough,his name was Blue....LOL

ThreeCats
February 18th, 2005, 10:02 AM
FIsrt off I would like to apologize about the post. I didnt mean to offend anyone. I absolutely LOVE my cats there are no question about that.
I can afford to feed them, give them a roof over their heads, take them for check ups. My cats are not negelcted in anyway.

I just had a baby 4 months ago and the extra money that would go for the spaying goes to my son right now since he is so young and needs alot of things. I do plan on getting my cats spayed so I am goong to do that.

I just want to breed my Russian Blue once because people have approached me asking if I would consider breeding her because they would love a Russian Blue kitten.

I dont want to breed her to make money so I do take offence to that.

There is not question in anyones mind who knows me that I negelct my Cats or dont love them.

Everyone of my cats were either Strays or abandoned by their owners and I have take them in out of the kindness of my heart. They are VERY well taken care of.

sammiec
February 18th, 2005, 10:06 AM
Three cats. If you love your animal so much, please have her spayed. This will prolong her life, ensuring that she will be healthier and happier.

If people would like to ahve a cat like your direct them to shelters and rescues that are constantly trying to place kittens and cats that have been dumped. There are many, many cats every year that require a loving anca caring forever home. Some of these cats don't even get a chance.

Please, spay your cat. Don't contribute to the overpopulation of so many animals. :)

mona_b
February 18th, 2005, 10:24 AM
I just want to breed my Russian Blue once because people have approached me asking if I would consider breeding her because they would love a Russian Blue kitten.

This is absalutely no reason to breed your cat.Tell these people to go to a rescue if they want one....Once again as I stated,Russian Blues do NOT come long haired.So you do not have a pure Russian Blue.

We get so tried of hearing people who want to breed cause others want this breed,or we want our children to witness the miracle of birth.Or we just want them to have one litter.All this is WRONG.

I understand you have a baby,and this is why you can't afford to have your cats spayed....But they should have been spayed once you got them.If you love them,then do what is best for them and have them spayed.You are doing more harm to them health wise if you don't.

Maybe you can ask family members to help with the cost of the spay.Even if you get them done one at a time.

Have you checked out the shlters in your area?Chaeck out the petfinders website and look at all the kittens that are up for adoption....It's sad.

Lucky Rescue
February 18th, 2005, 10:42 AM
have the most beautiful long haired Russian Blue

The reason no reputable breeder will allow you to use their studs is because your cat is out of standard and poorly bred. As has been pointed out, Russian Blues are not long-haired.

The people who want kittens can find a multitude of them at the shelters and rescues - many of them long haired grey kittens AND beautiful purebreds.

We personally have had Siamese, Himalyans, Maine Coons, Persians and Exotic Shorthairs and cats who looked more like Russian Blues than yours does. These cats were all dumped, so by adding more kittens to the system, you won't be doing anyone a favour.

If you can't afford spaying, how will you afford to properly feed your queen premium food when she is pregnant and nursing? Vet care if something goes wrong, and spaying/neutering, exams, worming, and vaccinations for up to 8 kittens? Not to mention TONS of litter and food for kittens until they are 8 weeks old? You will be shocked at how much they will eat and poop. If you think you'll make a dime, you won't when people can get stunning purebreds at rescues for 100 - 120$.

IF you still want to breed, please go to the following forum. There are breeders there who will give you their opinions on you wanting to breed your unshown, untitled, long-haired Russian Blue.
The Cat Site (http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/)

meowzart
February 18th, 2005, 12:12 PM
You have NO IDEA how much work it is to look after a litter - Do you have an extra $500 to look after this litter - that is only if there's no unexpected complications with the pregnancy and delivery - then it will be over
$1000!!!

You have a new baby - do you have any idea how much WORK it is to look after a litter of new kittens???

No you don't or you wouldn't even be CONSIDERING this. I do - and I'm telling you DON'T DO IT!!!!!