Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

For the first time...

Karin
February 17th, 2005, 09:39 PM
..in Ciara's life of six years, we have a good vet report! I was all a panic as usual, she has been having the regular uti issues..or so I thought. (Waking me up to go out in the middle of the night, panting, etc.) ..all except the excessive water consumption and licking. I figured we better go now then wait until I'm at work again..she needed a good check over anyway...she does have issue's afterall.

All checks out..Dr. Stapler spent a good hour with us. We do have to get a full panel, profile done in the next month.. there is still a question about kidney function but all matches the blood work done by my cancer coach last year. It is a given that she will have these problems, but she is not in dire need right now. ( BIG WHEW!!)

Tonight, I feel I can release a heavy sigh of relief for my roommate, I feel all the the hard work and stress has paid off...two years ago this month, it was iffy she would be here another 6 months! She could not walk, her xrays scared Dr.Stapler, she came home on morphine for me to say my good byes..(nutshell version )..she was started on deramaxx & adequan.
Last year the deramaxx almost took her...and with help from all here she started on Metacam and has been on it since. Still using the liquid gold Adequan and synovi msm-glucosamine....my wonder dog is snoozing away on MY couch as I type....

On a little note I was turned down by Shands this week.

Ciara won and that is what counts in my book.

Sneaky2006
February 17th, 2005, 10:01 PM
I had no idea Ciara had these problems! I am really glad things are looking up for you guys and you've had a good report from the vet!
Give her big squeezes from Yukon and me, and some for yourself too!
:grouphug:

What's Shands, if you don't mind my asking. :o

theplainsjane
February 17th, 2005, 10:08 PM
*kisses all over the face* from all of us, to Ciara. That has to be a huge sigh of relief for you, Karin! It's good to see that hard work and persistence paying off. Ciara is a lucky girl!

Karin
February 17th, 2005, 11:28 PM
I had no idea Ciara had these problems! I am really glad things are looking up for you guys and you've had a good report from the vet!
Give her big squeezes from Yukon and me, and some for yourself too!
:grouphug:

What's Shands, if you don't mind my asking. :o

Shands Florida State Teaching Hospital ....a state funded hospital.

Because of my age and circumstance again I fall through the cracks.

Smooches to Yukon too! (the goobery ones are Ciara's)

glasslass
February 18th, 2005, 12:18 PM
Smooches to Yukon too! (the goobery ones are Ciara's)

LOL - Den-Den sends you a sneaky lick too! :thumbs up