Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Can I sue TSN?

maddoxies
February 17th, 2005, 10:32 AM
Anyone want to join me in a class action against TSN for mental anguish ???

I had a hellish drive last night in the snow back to Montreal (over 3 hours for a 2 hour drive and I had several moments when I was SURE I was heading for the ditch). I was so looking forward to getting home and watching the second half of the Wesminister Kennel Club Dog Show. And what do I find ???? The dog show has been pre-empted for a "wake" for the official cancellation of hockey season. CRUEL AND UNUSUAL PUNISHMENT !!!! :mad: :mad:

I love to watch Westminister, to see all the less popular breeds. I always learn something new every year when I watch that dog show. Growls to TSN for toying with my affections.

r0amy0
February 17th, 2005, 11:07 AM
Find a lawyer from the US to represent you... :D

mastifflover
February 17th, 2005, 11:41 AM
That is so true they say that there are more frivolous law suits in the US than any other country.
I actually thought it was great news that hockey was cancelled for this year.

Bugsy
February 17th, 2005, 12:06 PM
I'm in! Can we "get" Sports illustrated too for that dreaded Swimsuit Edition :D

GsdDiamond
February 17th, 2005, 12:28 PM
That's all we're going to hear for weeks to come "hockey's cancelled". I, for one, am happy! Those big galutes make too much money to begin with, they cry like babies when they're threatened with a salary cap and a wage rollback, yet they go overseas and take someone else's job for a pittence of a wage. They'll get no sympathy from me! What???? 1.8 MILLION US isn't enough???? Poor babies!!!

I too was upset that WKC Show was pre-empted. I love watching the different breeds. Sign me up!

maddoxies
February 17th, 2005, 12:35 PM
Of course, it had to be the night with the goldens (sporting group) that was cancelled too :mad: :mad:

No one tell me who won. Hopefully, TSN will run the second night soon. If not, I may have to break down and buy the DVD. WKC party at my house !!! :party: :party:

Ok, hockey is cancelled. We get the message, but THREE HOURS !!!! to get the message across ???? :confused: :confused:

CyberKitten
February 19th, 2005, 07:24 PM
Yep, a lawyer from the US would help. I doubt a Canadian lawyer would want to go up against hockey!!!

I come from a "hockey family" so I was chagrined to see hockey cancelled but I do not understand why TSN had to invade the dog show. The press conference was on CBC Newsworld and CTV News' channel. I do imagine though that their own market research shows their typical viewers to be male hockey afficinados!!

glasslass
February 19th, 2005, 10:24 PM
Speaking of Westminster, Tux, the JRT that won Best of Breed, is from my city, Modesto! Have to brag since Modesto has gotten horrible press because of Scott Peterson and Gary Condit. OK, I'll return this thread to Hockey! :D

Bearsmom
February 24th, 2005, 10:34 AM
I don't miss hockey. Hubby now has to talk to me on Saturday nights. :D

Watched the WKC dog show (except for the toy breeds) in Panama. LOVED the bloodhound and GSD.

Yup, still don't miss hockey.

caliper
February 25th, 2005, 09:37 AM
I guess I sort of hoped that they would have some how worked it out and had hockey start a reduced season. However after Lemieux and Gretzky made that last ditch effort it was realized that it wouldnt happen. Anyway the WKC was great since the best in show is the dog I wanted to win

maddoxies
February 25th, 2005, 09:43 AM
Dont' tell me who won WKC. TSN is running it in a couple of weeks and I don"t want to ruin the anticipation

Bearsmom
February 25th, 2005, 09:19 PM
It wasn't either of my favourites.

caliper
February 26th, 2005, 05:38 AM
Goldengirl - You wont hear it from my Lips - Taks Care. Cal.... :party:

maddoxies
March 29th, 2005, 03:26 PM
I don't freaking believe my luck. Westminister was shown on Animal Planet this past Sunday and the dogs I was babysitting carried on so barking and growling at the dogs on TV that I had to change the channel.

I was just not meant to see this year's show I guess :sad: :mad:

It would have been very hard to watch the golden anyways having lost my golden boy the day before, but still.......... having the dogs control the remote is a bit much :crazy: :crazy:

goldenblaze
March 29th, 2005, 08:44 PM
Im still in shock over that... anyway the show was really good, sorry you missed it. The Golden was amazing won 4 place in group, I think it should of won and not only because I love goldens it was perfect. :thumbs up