Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

my one eyed Jack

bulldogrescue
February 16th, 2005, 03:47 PM
It's the hardest thing I've had to deal with in a while. I still feel my eyes well up with tears and it's been 5 months. He was my sweetie. My buddy. He was mom's baby. We bought this bigger house with a larger yard and were so excited for Jack to have so much more room. He died on the front lawn the day we moved in and never got to see his beautiful new home. I'll never forgive myself for leaving him with the dog sitter that day. She didn't do anything wrong but he should have been with me. I miss him tons and that's why we started the bulldog rescue group. I can only hope I can do some good in his memory.

chico2
February 16th, 2005, 03:50 PM
Aww Sandy,Jack did not die in vain,look how many like him you've helped...because of your love for him :love:

Rainy
February 16th, 2005, 03:51 PM
What a beautiful BIG boy Jack was! I'm sorry for your loss :sorry:

bulldogrescue
February 16th, 2005, 03:52 PM
Thank you both so much. I just can't stop crying. He was only 4 1/2 - way too young to die. I miss his craziness and love.

chico2
February 16th, 2005, 04:00 PM
Sandy,just let the tears flow,it will take time and never feel bad for crying,after all you lost someone very important and vital to you...did he have an underlying disease,something you did not know about?
He looks like a very strong healthy bull-dog....wonderful :love:

happycats
February 16th, 2005, 04:00 PM
:sorry: bulldogrescue, what a sweet boy.
How wonderful of you to start a rescue, you are an angel :angel:

bulldogrescue
February 16th, 2005, 04:04 PM
He's the angel - just leading me along.

He had nothing wrong with him but he was a bulldog and the vet said these things just happen sometimes. They wanted $2000 to do an autopsy so we had to say no. The vet thought it was heart failure. He was so fun. Everyone used to think he was growling all the time but he was just breathing.

meb999
February 16th, 2005, 07:21 PM
I'm sooo sorry for your loss...http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/cry001.gif

He was a beautifull boy, I'm sure he's so proud of you and the rescue work that you do in his name.

I know you would have liked to be with him at the end, but like someone said to me when my George passed last month, the important part was that you were there for him his WHOLE LIFE.

mastifflover
February 17th, 2005, 11:42 AM
I am so sorry about your boy Jack he was too cute. Just remember he might not be here with you but he is with you all the time in spirit and will be watching over you and your rescue.

Bugsy
February 17th, 2005, 11:46 AM
:sorry: for your loss. What a wonderful thing you've done. I agree Jack must be very proud. :thumbs up

doggy lover
February 17th, 2005, 04:50 PM
Sorry for your loss. I use to babysit for a woman who bred bulldogs they are beautiful animals, very loving. I lost my dog over a year ago and still cry for him.

Luvmypit
February 22nd, 2005, 02:51 PM
He's the angel - just leading me along.
Now that is heartbreaking but so true and I think very inspiring for me atleast. Im sorry for your loss! You can take pride in his name for your doing for his brothers and sisters.

caliper
February 22nd, 2005, 04:01 PM
bulldogrescue. :sorry: My wife and I lost our little buddy Romeo just this past friday after having him for 16 years and I know the pain your going through. I still think of the last two cats and their final days often. I know this is no consilation but I thought it worth mentioning to you. We have spoken for some time about getting a dog and we agreed that we will be going to a rescue for our next addition to our home. Think of all the good times.

glasslass
February 22nd, 2005, 05:10 PM
I still cry when I start thinking about my former Den-Dens. #1 was more than 35 years ago and #2 more than 20 years ago. The Rainbow Bridge poem seems to refer to just one pet, but boy will it be neat to be reunited with the whole pack! The thought makes me smile, but sure miss them in the meantime. I know how you feel; we all do. Nice that we're all here for each other! Your tribute to him is :thumbs up

Iggette
March 23rd, 2005, 04:00 AM
Hi there bulldogrescue, I know I'm a little late in my condolances, but :sorry: for your loss, I think Jack would be proud of the work you are doing in his name, keep up the good work :angel:

CyberKitten
March 23rd, 2005, 10:07 AM
I jst found this thread too and must say I know how you feel and my heart goes out to you!! I was with my baby when he died (my bunny) and he had three heart attacks in my arms - I even tried CPR!! - but he was gone! There are times I wonder if it would have been easier not to go through that but I don;t know. I just know whether you are with them or not, it really hurts!!!

Princesss04
March 23rd, 2005, 10:21 AM
I am so sorry for what you are going through. But, I am sure that your baby would be so proud of you and your work! :sorry: :grouphug: