Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I did it!

canine14
February 16th, 2005, 01:46 PM
Holly is home now. Her blood work yesterday showed that her urea and creatinine are creeping up again. They showed me how to do sub-Q fluids and inject the Epogen every 2-3 days. I cried last night because she howled every time we stuck her with the needle. I sat in the waiting room with my bag of supplies (IV bag, needles, etc.) and just bawled, not knowing if I could put Holly through this. My vet saw me and told me that her results, although bad, are still better than they expected and that she is still fighting. He told me not to throw in the towel. I was prepared to come home with an empty carrier and an even emptier heart. Today though, even though it took numerous tries, I was able to get the WHOLE amount of fluid into her. She is also eating Wellness canned chicken and when I let her out to explore for five minutes today, she hopped into the tub and meowed.

Thank God.

Lisa.

mastifflover
February 16th, 2005, 01:57 PM
I am glad you got pretty good news and you will get better at the needles and she will get used to it.

Bugsy
February 16th, 2005, 02:00 PM
((Hug)) for Holly. Glad to hear she's home :)

sammiec
February 16th, 2005, 02:07 PM
Oh Holly! I am so glad to hear that she's home!!! :D You'll do just fine with giving her the needles!

Yeah, Holly!

BMDLuver
February 16th, 2005, 02:58 PM
Awww Lisa, so happy to hear that Holly is still fighting hard! Keep your chin up, they always cry a bit with subcutaneous fluids but she will get used to it. Keep up the good job! :grouphug:

Carina
February 16th, 2005, 04:25 PM
That is just awesome! Great news.
Good for you...injecting gets easier, on both of you.

chico2
February 16th, 2005, 04:46 PM
I am happy to hear that Holly is doing better,you never know,she's just a baby,maybe by a miracle she'll be fine.
I had to inject my Peppi for two years,he was diabetic,it was very difficult in the beginning,but we soon both got used to it. :love: