Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Scottish Fold Munchkins

jenatanasio
February 12th, 2005, 11:50 PM
Hello I'm an owner of a Scottish Fold Munchkin which I DID NOT get from a breeder. When we got him we weren't looking for that specific kind of cat just a new addition into our family. We didn't pay too much for him but you cant put a price on love. I've been looking on the net for a cat like him and can't find one and when I ask people all they say is that I'm basically a monster for supporting the breed but I feel that everyanimal needs a home and its not like I got him from a breeder and supported the breeder. I think I did the right thing in giving him a home and I was assured by the vet that he wouldnt have any problems that a normal cats wouldnt. I posted this thread to hear from everyone whether they think I was right or wrong in getting him. I will always love him and keep him but I want to hear if I am totally wrong on this. Now how could you resist a face like his

Jen

jenatanasio
February 12th, 2005, 11:51 PM
Heres another one of him

mona_b
February 13th, 2005, 01:44 AM
I've been looking on the net for a cat like him and can't find one

And you won't for now.This is just someone who has come up with another "designer" breed of cat.I mean by the Scottish Fold Munchkin..Yes,I have seen the Munchkins.Actually at a cat show.This breed originated in 1983.It was traced back in 1983 from a cat that was found under a truck in Louisiana.It was exibited at a cat show in 1991 and excepted for new breed status in 1995.

If you didn't get him from a breeder,then where did you get him?And what is not to much.I mean the price you paid for him.

Your cat was bred with a Scottish Fold and a Munchkin.Like I said,this is just another "designer" breed.

He is a cutie though.Do you have any pics of him standing?

jenatanasio
February 13th, 2005, 12:05 PM
Heres one of him standing it isnt good quality I'll get another one and post it

Lucky Rescue
February 13th, 2005, 12:35 PM
The gene that causes achondroplasia (dwarfism) also often causes spinal, dental, cranial and heart malformations and problems. However these do not seem to affect the Munchkin cat, when bred by reputable breeders - ones who are not out to cash in on this latest fad by charging 1500$ for a kitten!

Your cat is certainly very different looking!