Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Surveillance Camera Catches Man Allegedly Abusing Puppy

heidiho
February 9th, 2005, 01:02 PM
Harris County Officials Rescue Abused Puppy, Place Man Behind Bars

POSTED: 8:07 am CST February 9, 2005
UPDATED: 8:15 am CST February 9, 2005

HOUSTON -- A man caught on tape beating a puppy was arrested and placed behind bars Tuesday, a Harris County official told Local 2.

Officials said a neighboring business' surveillance camera caught Chul Jung Woo abusing the puppy in a field near a Shell gas station on Aldine Mail Route near Airline Drive.

Deputies said the surveillance video gave them good evidence to arrest Woo.

"It is quite graphic and it gives us what we need. There is no way of disputing what was on the tape," a Harris County Constable Deputy Precinct 1 official told Local 2.

The puppy was rescued and placed in the custody of the Houston Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.

Copyright 2005 by Click2Houston.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Email This Story Print This Story

happycats
February 9th, 2005, 03:35 PM
Sick ***hole, May he get hit by a Mack truck on his way to court !!!

Terrie
February 9th, 2005, 05:33 PM
Why do people do that? :sad:
I just heard on a Detroit station that a woman who worked in a pet shelter was feeding puppies to the pythons there.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE ???? :mad: :mad:

i'm so upset, I can't stop crying, why would anyone do such cruel things?
does it make them feel more like a man or woman? does it give them power
knowing that the only thing they can beat are helpless animals or children?

WHY IS THE WORLD SO WRONG? :evil:

jadentimes
March 17th, 2005, 05:13 AM
I just want to say, I was the one working at the neighboring business that caught this man on tape. Yes to forgive is great, but remember this.

The day before this incident, this man had 2 puppies.

I witnessed this man propelling this dog into the air by the leash, until I couldn't stand it anymore and went and took the puppy from him. I then held a catatonic puppy in front of a heater because he was freezing from the 6-8 deep water he was dragging him through, not to mention the shock of the abuse he was suffering.

What the article doesn't mention, is this man worked at this service station and still does. It seems to me the owners should of fired him. He was in jail overnight, big deal! The only thing I can be thankful for is the puppy made it and the Houston SPCA moved quickly.

I don't hold people to my standards of how animals should be treated, but I do know abuse when I see it, and this is the worse thing I ever witnessed.