Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

cat traps

Katze
February 6th, 2005, 08:45 AM
Does anyone know of a humane cat trap with a solid rather than mesh bottom?
I now have 3 strays hanging about my yard. The most god awful fights have been breaking out in the wee hours of the morning and all 3 are very unapproachable and in terrible shape. I don't have time to build a rapport with them, as my cats will witness this through the window, and start up with undesirable stress behaviors ( ie. aggression, peeing).
I feel trapping would be the most humane thing to do at this point, however the traps I have seen all have mesh bottoms which would make transport via taxi impossible due to the risk of urine and poo being released.
Where in Montreal can I buy a trap? :confused:

chico2
February 6th, 2005, 08:52 AM
Katze,you do have a problem :mad: one of my cats gets extreemly aggressive seeing strange cats outside,attacked me twice sending me to hospital..so be very careful,it's very stressful for your cats hearing and seeing others fight.
But I suppose you already know that..
Would it not be possible to get a cage from HS and attaching something to the bottom,like cardboard covered in plastic,even if you had to buy one,you could do the same. Good Luck!!

happycats
February 6th, 2005, 01:18 PM
I was wondering, what if afer catching the cat/s in the wire humane traps. you put the trap, cat and all into a rubbermaid tote?? (with lid off or large holes in lid ??) Just a thought.

Lucky Rescue
February 6th, 2005, 03:12 PM
I"ve never seen a cat - no matter how terrified - lose bladder/bowel control in a trap if you immediately cover the trap with a blanket to calm them.

I always put newspaper in the bottom of the trap anyway.