- Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

cat traps

February 6th, 2005, 08:45 AM
Does anyone know of a humane cat trap with a solid rather than mesh bottom?
I now have 3 strays hanging about my yard. The most god awful fights have been breaking out in the wee hours of the morning and all 3 are very unapproachable and in terrible shape. I don't have time to build a rapport with them, as my cats will witness this through the window, and start up with undesirable stress behaviors ( ie. aggression, peeing).
I feel trapping would be the most humane thing to do at this point, however the traps I have seen all have mesh bottoms which would make transport via taxi impossible due to the risk of urine and poo being released.
Where in Montreal can I buy a trap? :confused:

February 6th, 2005, 08:52 AM
Katze,you do have a problem :mad: one of my cats gets extreemly aggressive seeing strange cats outside,attacked me twice sending me to be very careful,it's very stressful for your cats hearing and seeing others fight.
But I suppose you already know that..
Would it not be possible to get a cage from HS and attaching something to the bottom,like cardboard covered in plastic,even if you had to buy one,you could do the same. Good Luck!!

February 6th, 2005, 01:18 PM
I was wondering, what if afer catching the cat/s in the wire humane traps. you put the trap, cat and all into a rubbermaid tote?? (with lid off or large holes in lid ??) Just a thought.

Lucky Rescue
February 6th, 2005, 03:12 PM
I"ve never seen a cat - no matter how terrified - lose bladder/bowel control in a trap if you immediately cover the trap with a blanket to calm them.

I always put newspaper in the bottom of the trap anyway.