Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

introducing...

raingirl
February 4th, 2005, 09:36 PM
"Albert" (that his name now, but we will be changing that)

We are going to meet him Sunday, as he will be in the Wing Ding and Ching dog show, then they will be coming back to our apartment for our home check. If everything goes well, they will be leaving him with us!!

Katherine1
February 4th, 2005, 09:43 PM
Awww what a cute face. Keeping our fingers and paws crossed here for you! :D
What does (hubby umm bf) think of him?

raingirl
February 4th, 2005, 09:47 PM
We both love him!!

We had to totally rearrange our schedules this weekend as it was so sudden! We knew we would get to see him Sunday, but didn't know we might be able to take him home!! We have been cleaning like mad all night!!

twodogsandacat
February 4th, 2005, 09:47 PM
Congratulations. He's cute. What type of dog is he?

Katherine1
February 4th, 2005, 09:49 PM
:D LOL I am getting excited for you too! Hope things work out for you. How did you find him?

raingirl
February 4th, 2005, 09:55 PM
He's an English Bulldog, and a lean one at that!! Maybe has a little mix in him.

A rescue who had us on their mailing list knew we wanted a bulldog, so she let us know about him before putting him on petfinder (which was great!).

twodogsandacat
February 4th, 2005, 10:06 PM
Maybe the picture just made him look tall. Bulldogs are awesome dogs. Of the two I've met at the dog park the owners (older gentlemen) looked just like the dogs, right down to the underbites.

Somehow I don't think that would apply in this case.

Again congratulations.

Katherine1
February 4th, 2005, 10:08 PM
:D How are you going to be able to get any sleep tonight and tomorrow? LOL You are going to be thinking about him all the time. Have you decided on a name for him yet?

mrmilo
February 4th, 2005, 10:08 PM
Good Luck raingirl!!!

Lucky Rescue
February 4th, 2005, 10:18 PM
OH a bulldog!! Looks purebred to me. Good luck!!!!

raingirl
February 5th, 2005, 07:12 AM
Katharine, I know what you mean about the sleep thing!! It's 7 AM on saturday!!! 7 AM!!! I am NEVER awake this early on a weekend!!

When do the petstores open? We have this huge list of things to get!!!

Katherine1
February 5th, 2005, 07:34 AM
:D I knew you would be up early :D That pup is going to be spoiled before he gets there (as it should be). I am so excited for you. I remember how I felt the day before I went to pick up Molly. We have had her a month now and I still can't believe that she is ours. LOL she is so so spoiled :D I am trying to give her the best life that I can.

Bearsmom
February 5th, 2005, 08:07 AM
Superpet at Trinity Common opens at 9:30, also Petsmart at Kennedy and Steeles opens at the same time, I think.

Congrats on getting your new pup!

Bugsy
February 5th, 2005, 11:55 AM
I'm so excited for you http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/crazy/061.gif Good Luck http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/clover.gif

Heinz57
February 5th, 2005, 01:44 PM
Hope this works out for you raingirl! I'm happy for you with all the changes that have come to you :love: .

BoxerRescueMTL
February 5th, 2005, 02:16 PM
oooh he's beautiful!!!! i loooove him! good luck :)

Katherine1
February 5th, 2005, 02:28 PM
:D I am so excited for you raingirl. I can't wait to see new pics of him when you get him!

chico2
February 5th, 2005, 03:39 PM
Raingirl,Albert is just adorably ugly and cute,great stuff!!!
He will be getting a wonderful home for sure,I hope everything works out :thumbs up

maddoxies
February 5th, 2005, 08:34 PM
Raingirl, I love him. And he looks like a 'Bertie to me, so you could keep Albert and just shorten it. I remember the night we adopted Callie. We were both pacing the floor, looking out the font door, waiting for her to arrive. I can imaging your excitement. I am SO happy for you and 'Bertie has no idea what a lucky dog he is to have such great new parents. What is his story? How did you find him?

Only one more "big sleep" and he will be yours

:grouphug:

raingirl
February 6th, 2005, 08:40 AM
Thanks guys. I think he is such a cutie too!!

Aparently he is allergic to beef according to the foster mom. Yesterday we spent 2 hours in Super Pet getting stuff. I didn't know mutlucks were so expensive!!! That was about the only thing we didn't buy. I'm going to look around and see what else is out there.

We spent almost $300 on stuff, but I know we missed a few things. We got 2 kongs, and a rubber tire thing because the foster said he loves to chew. We are definately going to need more toys!!!

We got him a bed, a little quilted ski jacket, a reflective collar thing, a harness, and some other stuff, like new bowls, nail clippers, a brush, shampoo.

My step father used to show his Goldens, so we are going to ask him to show us how to cut his nails. My step father was so sad when he had to give his goldens away. He had three. He was dating my mom at the time, and when he lost his job, he had to move in with us, but my mom is so allergic to all animals, he had to rehome them. He kept in contact with the new owners all the time, but I think all the dogs have passed away now. He is going to love coming over to our house now to play with the dog!!

The foster said to get "bedding" for the crate. Would old towels and blankets work??

Gosh! We are so nervous. The rescue is bringing him to the dog show today, then the fosters, rescue, and albert are all coming to our house after 4pm. They are just going to do all the final stuff, and if we want him (which we do!!!) they will leave him will us!!

I have my digital camera all ready, so I will post some pics later tonight!

chico2
February 6th, 2005, 10:10 AM
Raingirl,that is sooo exciting,can't wait to hear more and see pics :thumbs up I hope I did not offend you by saying he's ugly..did not mean it in a bad way,he's adorable :love:

raingirl
February 6th, 2005, 10:35 AM
no worries chico. I wasn't offended. I know what you meant by "ugly" as he has a rather "funny" look about him with his tongue up his nose like that!!

I have been speaking with the foster parents and they are both really nice. I can't wait to meet them.

Since the fosters, and the rescue lady will be here later, maybe I should get some snacks, like cookies and things??

Catt31
February 6th, 2005, 10:40 AM
Awww!!! He is soooo cute!!!! Albert sorta suits him too, but I know you already had a name picked out right??? Absolutely adorable!! Good luck, I'm sure everything will go well!!! You are well educated about dogs now - you go girl!!!!!! Keep the pics coming!!!!

Writing4Fun
February 6th, 2005, 11:39 AM
:D Yippee! We have all fingers and paws crossed that it goes well today, Raingirl! He looks like a real sweety! Congrats! :party:

chico2
February 6th, 2005, 12:40 PM
Raingirl,if I was coming,I'd probably want a beer and something,but as you want to give a good impression :D coffee and donuts,cookies or something is nice....

raingirl
February 6th, 2005, 08:07 PM
Pics are up in the pic forum