Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

In loving memory.

Jackie467
February 3rd, 2005, 03:21 PM
I just wanted to remember my dog from when I was a kid. We put him to sleep 6 years ago this month and I still miss him. He was good friend who protected me and loved me, even though when I was small I used to jump on him and be rough. His name was Baron.

mastifflover
February 3rd, 2005, 03:23 PM
Jackie he was gorgeous I love dobies, well I love big dogs period

Jackie467
February 3rd, 2005, 03:30 PM
thanks so much. I love big dogs too, don't get me wrong i love candi to death and wouldn't give her up for anything, but my next dog will be a large one, probably a dobe or pitt.

chico2
February 3rd, 2005, 03:58 PM
Dobies are the most graceful regal animals,beauty in motion :love:

doggy lover
February 3rd, 2005, 09:11 PM
I'm partial to big dogs, there is more of them to love. They have this look about them that say I don't have to put up with any crap, I'm important. I really miss my 120 lb Travis.

meb999
February 3rd, 2005, 09:15 PM
:sorry:

I know how you feel...we never forget the doggies who made animal-lovers out of us, do we? I just lost my childhood buddy a little over a week ago.
Baron was a gorgeous Dobbie -- but then again, aren't all Dobbie gorgeous?!

mastifflover
February 4th, 2005, 11:45 AM
Oh I am sorry about Baron. My parents had the best philosophy regarding children and pets. They said that children that are brought up with pets learn to be more compassionate and caring toward others not just humans but all living beings. My first dog was there before me. Everyone in my family owns a dog and my parents always had a dog they used to say no home is complete without one.

Jackie467
February 4th, 2005, 08:59 PM
my first dog was there before me as well, but i can't remember him very well because he passed away when i was 4. He was a dobie too. My mother also thinks a home is not complete without a dog. unfortunatly my father didn't feel the same, he liked dogs but it was more my mom than him. neither of them like cats, but my mom actully does like my mine, but says she won't have another (whole other story). my mom always tells me stories about our first dog Bruno. when i was little i used to slid down my little slid and land on him at the bottom, one day they yelled at me when they saw it and my aunt went to grab me off the slid for doing it and Bruno was not happy about it, he growled, and that was the only time he ever growled. they were afraid he would be jelous of me but as soon as he saw me i became his baby. he got really protective of me, always careful around me too, would never jump or be hyper around me and would even let me tie him to my trike and lead him around and he would just walk behind me. lol had to look funny a 3 year old leading an 80lb dog around with her trike.

glasslass
February 6th, 2005, 01:11 AM
I wouldn't be here today if not for my childhood dog! Children and dogs are lucky when they have each other. Your guy was beautiful!