Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Rescues at Sportsmen Show

yorkierescue
February 1st, 2005, 06:55 PM
This is a wonderful way to check out numerous rescue groups, ask questions, view the breeds and donate to your favourite rescues. The Sportsmen Show will have a number of rescue booths. It is being held March 16-20th at the National Trade Centre at Exhibition Place in Toronto, ON.

Hope lots of doggie lovers can come out. The hubby can look at RV's and fishin' stuff.

Terri

mona_b
February 1st, 2005, 07:19 PM
I have been going there for many many years.Grew up in the are where it's being held.... :D ...I enjoy talking to the rescues that are there.I was at the Royal Winter Fair not to long ago.There were a few rescues there also.There was a Great Dane recue.I talked to them for a bit.I guess I should download the pics I took.....LOL..They also had a Yorkie rescue.

mrmilo
February 2nd, 2005, 06:37 AM
It sure is a great way to meet rescues and ask questions about specific breeds and the rescues. I know Canadian Dachshund Rescue will be there. CDR will also be at the All About Pets Show at the International Centre and participating in the Rescuemewalk coming up on June 11th. This is an event where many rescues join together for fun and to raise funds. It's also a great place to check out rescues. Rescues are welcome to join the Rescuemewalk. The website is http://www.rescuemewalk.com

BoxerRescueOnt
February 2nd, 2005, 07:43 AM
HI mrMilo I will probally see you at the all about pets and the rescueme walkathon. I am a volunteer with boxer rescue and at last yrs walkathon. I believe our coordinater said we raised just over 12,000 last year. It sure was fun to see the different dogs there and the walk paths for the walkathon were so pretty. Have you soon the pics from last years walkathon????

ThaiGhing
February 2nd, 2005, 08:39 AM
Hey all, Just wondering what the All About Pet Show is?? Where it is?? When it is?? What it is??? I have never been and would love to go. Thanks

Jenn and ThaiGhing
:angel:

mrmilo
February 2nd, 2005, 08:45 AM
Hi BoxerRescueOnt,
Yes I have seen the pictures. I especially like the one of the Boxer with the Sherrif's hat on. Too Cute!! I am helping out with the walk this year so I will definitely be there. Major Kudo's to Boxer Rescue Ontario for coming up with the idea and starting it last year. I am a strong believer in getting rescues to work :grouphug: together on these types of events!!

I will also be helping out at the other shows too, so it would be great to say hi!

mastifflover
February 2nd, 2005, 09:17 AM
So how do you volunteer for the walkathon. I love the idea of all the rescues working together.

BoxerRescueMTL
February 2nd, 2005, 09:27 AM
Getting the word out and educating people about rescues and the overpopulation of unwanted pets is soooo important. Our Boxer Rescue here in Montreal is such a small group that we cannot make it to trade shows and such.. We are thinking of starting an event here in Montreal that is like the rescuemewalk.

If there are any rescues with volunteers here in Montreal that would like to participate we would welcome the opportunity to work together!

mrmilo
February 2nd, 2005, 09:38 AM
So how do you volunteer for the walkathon. I love the idea of all the rescues working together.

Hi mastifflover,
I know they are definitely looking for people to help out. The email address is walk-a-thon@boxerrescueontario.com

mastifflover
February 2nd, 2005, 09:51 AM
Thanks emailed them sounds like fun

BoxerRescueOnt
February 2nd, 2005, 04:47 PM
HI Mastifflover I see MrMilo has helped you out with the walkathon. Jen Ego is awesome And i know she could use your help. I am not sure if we are doing a bake sale like we did last year but im kinda hoping(we made about 500-600bux on the bake table)

The trails are lovely to walk and if you know anyone would be willing to sponser you thats even great even if you cant walk the trail you could have someone else do it for you if your volunteering in another part of the walkathon(i did that i walked for someone who was helping somewhere else so i walked my dog and did the walk :) )

I will definately have to say Hi MrMilo But you'll have to give me your name closer to the walkathon :)

I will try to find the pics I have of my old foster dog that did the walk athon

twodogsandacat
February 2nd, 2005, 04:59 PM
Hey all, Just wondering what the All About Pet Show is?? Where it is?? When it is?? What it is??? I have never been and would love to go. Thanks

Jenn and ThaiGhing
:angel:

Details Here: http://pets-show.com/ sounds like fun I think I might go too.

mastifflover
February 2nd, 2005, 05:06 PM
I used to go all the time but haven't been able to make it the last couple of years but it is a good show

mona_b
February 2nd, 2005, 05:23 PM
Same here Mastiff....I missed last year.But do plan on going this year.... :D

Ok I just realized that this one is at the International Center.They have it again,but at the Trade Center at the Ex.

mastifflover
February 2nd, 2005, 05:29 PM
Okay I though my demetia was kicking in I thought I had been to both places but for this one. Thank you I have not totally lost my mind...... yet

mrmilo
March 19th, 2005, 12:30 PM
I saw Chico from Yorkie Rescue down at the Sportsman's Show. What a cute, adorable little guy he is. I hope he finds a home soon.... Chico's on this page here:
http://www.canadianyorkshireterrierrescue.com/AvailableDogs.htm

Good Luck Chico!!!