Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Newington, CT, (U.S.A.) WILL BE PUT TO SLEEP on Jan 28th

PitPal
January 26th, 2005, 05:57 PM
If you can help this sweet dog, please e-mail Sherry at pizon67@yahoo.com or call (860) 305-6764.

#311 - Last Day 11/5 - (adult male Pit Bull): "approx. 3yrs old....approx. 55lbs...very sweet boy...friendly...HE IS BLIND...(I found him laying ontop of old clothes and garbage trying to stay warm in a snow storm)...LEGAL DAY OF ADOPTION IS 1-28"

http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=3923199&adTarget=468petsgeneral&SessionID=41f8073c7f128957-app3&display=&preview=1&row=0&tmpl=&stat=

If anyone knows ANYONE - please help him. I mean, he was abandoned and still perservered despite being BLIND! Poor little guy!!

twodogsandacat
January 26th, 2005, 06:11 PM
OK - Now I'm sad. What a poor little guy. Please keep us updated. :sad:

Has anyone ever had a blind dog? What are the issues?

coonlover
January 26th, 2005, 06:35 PM
:sad: What a sad story, I hope someone will adopt him and give him the love he sooooo deserves :sad:

Bugsy
January 26th, 2005, 11:22 PM
My heart is crying :sad:

chico2
January 27th, 2005, 09:36 AM
How sad,not only is he a Pit-Bull but also blind :sad: the odds are really stacked against him :sad:
We're hoping for a miracle,that this brave dog will be shown some mercy and someone will give him the love he deserves...but his chances look grim :sad:

mona_b
January 27th, 2005, 09:58 AM
When it says "legal day of adoption 1-28" is that not just saying this is when he "can" be adopted?

chico2
January 27th, 2005, 11:22 AM
The first 3 dogs on their site all says legal day of adoption 1-28,actually most of the dogs,are they all being killed....several beautiful pitties :sad:

mastifflover
January 27th, 2005, 11:39 AM
Very sad and blind dogs are not hard to train part of it is not moving things around. Their other senses sharpen to make up for the lack of sight. Dogs and cats adapt very well to disabilities, blindness, deafness, amputations you would be amazed how resiliant they are.

PitPal
January 27th, 2005, 03:46 PM
Thanks for your support guys and gals. It really is heartbreaking - my sister called the pound and they told her that either Friday or Monday he would be put down. She wanted to sponsor him in some way but the pound said that whoever puts their name on him would be committed to adopting him.
I would have taken him in, but I'm in Canada like you folks, and I don't think bringing a dog across the border is easy, (plus I have three of them already.) I will be getting another pittie at some point soon though, just to save it.

I forwarded this info to Advocates - let's just think good thoughts for him that someone will step up :) THANKS AGAIN! :)

meb999
January 27th, 2005, 04:19 PM
My heart goes out to the little guy....
I'll keep my fingers crossed for him

maddoxies
January 28th, 2005, 05:04 PM
As far as I know, all a dog needs is a rabies shot to come into Canada.

I have sent the info on this fellow to a friend who has a friend in north east US who does pitty rescue. Paws crossed.

If I did not have to work Saturday, I would be soooo tempted to take a little car ride.

Paws are all crossed in our house

coppperbelle
January 30th, 2005, 08:09 AM
It is true. All that is needed to cross the border from the U.S. to Canada is a current rabies shot. That is if they ask for proof at all. I travel every week to the U.S. and back with my two dogs and only on occasion am I asked for proof when I enter the U.S. Never am I asked when I re-enter Canada.
In some U.S. cities pitbulls are not given a second chance. When found abandoned often they are destroyed at shelters. This is to ensure that dogs trained to fight are not put into adoptive homes. Dog fighting is so common in some major American cities.
Hope this guy finds a home.

TWilson9498
January 30th, 2005, 01:09 PM
I am hoping this lil guy was adopted since the link is now saying the dog is no longer listed??? :confused: Does anyone know the outcome to this story? I just noticed it today, but it's past the 28th.... :sad:

chico2
January 30th, 2005, 01:30 PM
Well,I am sorry to say,but seeing many hundreds of perfectly healthy pits and pit-puppies are killed every day,I doubt he is still with us,he's probably crossed over the Rain-Bow bridge :sad: