Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Papillon

DogsforJen
January 24th, 2005, 10:55 AM
I'm looking into getting a Papillon. I've done all sorts of research but was hoping to hear from some people who have one as to what they are like, if one sex is preferred over the other, etc. I await your replies. Thx. :rolleyes:

Carina
January 25th, 2005, 06:21 AM
Never owned one, but there was a male Papillon in a tracking class I took. He looked very studly in his tracking harness! A little shy, but a nice wee dog, and he did pretty well in the class.
Since you already have a young female dog, it might be safer for you to consider a male, just a thought.

mona_b
January 25th, 2005, 09:46 AM
I have come in contact with a few at the dog shows.They are little sweeties.At least the ones I have met.. :)

SpanielLuver
January 25th, 2005, 10:17 AM
We took one into our rescue a couple of months ago. A very sweet dog, but very active, she is living with children and they are all doing very well together. Be prepared for non-stop playtime.

twinmommy
January 25th, 2005, 10:28 AM
I can't say I know much about this breed, except for the fact that they are ADORABLE :D

Rosie's Animal rescue has a mix Papillon.....http://www.rosieanimaladoption.org/new_adoptions.php.....Mabel--she's a cutie....!!!

glasslass
January 25th, 2005, 05:45 PM
Only thing I know about them is they have incredible ears!