Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lost Cocker Spaniel - Toronto Morningside & Lawrence Area

Bookwormz
January 19th, 2005, 03:25 PM
Trixie is a blonde cocker spaniel with a black collar - no tags. She left last night (January 18th) around midnight via her dog door, under the backyard fence, and into the ravine behind our house. We haven't seen her since.

Her hair is a medium length, she is about 9 years old and is pretty shy of strangers. If anyone has seen/found her or knows of her whereabouts, please call 416-208-7890 or post a reply here.

We are desperate to find her and appreciate your assistance!

Thank you

Bookwormz
January 19th, 2005, 03:26 PM
Here's another picture of her with longer hair.

badger
January 19th, 2005, 03:40 PM
What a sweet face. I've got my fingers crossed for her safe return. Don't forget to post when it happens!

Bookwormz
January 19th, 2005, 03:53 PM
Thank you for your well wishes! We hope we find her soon too.

chico2
January 19th, 2005, 04:28 PM
It's always so sad to see a picture of a dog lost out there somewhere in the cold,I hope she finds her way home soon,she is very pretty :love:
The greatest danger we have here with small dogs and cats aside from the cold,is coyotes(sp?)so please look everywhere for her,she might be laying hurt somewhere or hopefully someone has taken her in..
Let us know if you find her,please :sad:

Bookwormz
January 19th, 2005, 04:43 PM
That is my fear...my sister has searched the entire ravine and they have driven around searching for her. We've called all the places we're supposed to call (Animal Services, the Humane Society, etc). My mum's going door-to-door in the neighborhood to see if anyone has found her, and nothing yet. I will be sure to let you all know if we find her.

mona_b
January 19th, 2005, 04:57 PM
What a beautiful girl... :)

Is she Microchipped?

You can post up flyers with her pic.Put them up everywhere.The vets,shopping malls,humane society.Place an ad in the Lost and Found.

I do hope you find her.

Bookwormz
January 19th, 2005, 04:59 PM
We are so relieved and happy. Trixie came trotting in her dog door a few minutes ago, after being missing for 15 hours! She is full of snow and was very thirsty when she came back but otherwise she seems to be fine. My mother said, "Maybe we should give her a hot bath" and she promptly turned around and went back outside again - she hates baths.

:D

mona_b
January 19th, 2005, 05:06 PM
Great news......... :thumbs up

Can I make a suggestion.Close up that doggie door by the fence ..With the taste of freedom,she may do it again.Next time she may not return. :(

I'm sooooo glad she's home... :)

chico2
January 19th, 2005, 05:10 PM
That's great news,thank's!
I mentioned Coyotes,because I saw a little dog after he lost his eye and part of his face to a Coyote,also on a ravine property.I would not let a small dog go in and out as he pleases.

CyberKitten
January 19th, 2005, 08:25 PM
I am so happy to hear Trixie made is safely back home!! It might be adviable to take heed of what others have said re that doggie door. She is a such a sweet looking girl. It is too cold and there are too many dangers and dengerous people (sigh!) to allow a small dog to come and go as she pleases.

raingirl
January 20th, 2005, 08:57 AM
Luckily there are no cayotes in the ravine in that area (that's where I grew up).

That's a huge ravine system there! I was so worried until I saw that she came home! It runs continuously from the beaches in toronto, to the rouge valley system in Pickering! I'm so glad you found your dog!

(I once biked that system, took a whole day but was so much fun, except when I ran over a snake that got on the path, that was gross!)

Bookwormz
January 20th, 2005, 08:25 PM
Thank you all for your concern. Actually, just to clarify, the dog door is not in the backyard fence, she dug a hole under the fence and that's how she got out. The dog door connects to the back yard which is fully fenced in. We will cover up the hole she made so she can't get back out.

Raingirl, the ravine behind our house is very small and closed in by residences, not connected to the rouge valley ravines. We walk there every day and have yet to come across any dangerous animals.

We have no idea what she was doing for so long, but she seemed very happy when she came back!

glasslass
January 20th, 2005, 09:04 PM
I'm glad everything turned out so well. She reminds me of my Blondie I grew up with.