Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Ear problems

flakeyboysear
January 18th, 2005, 08:07 PM
I've had a dog for about a year and he is constatly having ear problems. I've taken him to the vet over and over again but he says the same thing its cause of his skin. Theres nothing wrong with his skin. Does anyone have any suggestions on what i could do as a homeopathic treatment? :confused: :D :usa:

happycats
January 18th, 2005, 08:17 PM
Hi.
Don't know about dogs, but I Know I had cronic ear problems for 2 years (I worked in a call centre) and I would warm-up (not hot) mineral oil, lie on my side, and fill my ear with it, leave it for 5mins then drain. I would do it about once a week. it really helped!!
Don't know how difficult it would be to do with a dog though!! :eek:

lezzpezz
January 18th, 2005, 08:45 PM
Before you put anything in the dogs ears :eek: that may cause further damage, can you please describe exactly what type of problem the dog is having with his ears and how the vet explained that the skin was the underlying cause? Does the dog have discharge and bad smell coming from inside his ears? Does he constantly shake his head? What has the vet tried using to cure the ears? Did he give the condition a name? I would never put anything in the dogs ears as it could cause a worse reaction and pain for him. Sorry to ask so many questions but it makes it easier to decide what treatment could be tried, homeopathic or otherwise.

Karin
January 18th, 2005, 09:16 PM
Before you put anything in the dogs ears :eek: that may cause further damage, can you please describe exactly what type of problem the dog is having with his ears and how the vet explained that the skin was the underlying cause? Does the dog have discharge and bad smell coming from inside his ears? Does he constantly shake his head? What has the vet tried using to cure the ears? Did he give the condition a name? I would never put anything in the dogs ears as it could cause a worse reaction and pain for him. Sorry to ask so many questions but it makes it easier to decide what treatment could be tried, homeopathic or otherwise.

Ditto this....exactly....could not agree more...