Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

2 Students Admit To Torturing Pet Hamster

heidiho
January 18th, 2005, 06:40 PM
PASADENA, Texas -- A pair of Pasadena teens face animal cruelty charges Tuesday after they admitted to torturing a classroom pet, police said.

The Queens Intermediate students were arrested last week when they told police they thumped the class' pet hamster in the head.

The teacher found the hamster, named Kiwi, at the bottom of the cage barely alive.

"She took the hamster to her vet and the vet advised her that the hamster had suffered serious head trauma to the point it had to be euthanized," Pasadena Independent School District Police Department Capt. Harold Naffif said.

Authorities said the teens have never been in trouble before and will most likely receive probation.

Copyright 2005 by Click2Houston.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

heidiho
January 18th, 2005, 06:41 PM
I would beat my kids ***............................................I could not imagine having kids who did things like that.,..................

BullboxLover
January 18th, 2005, 07:01 PM
What do you mean thumped? Did they flick it with there fingers, or smash it's head against something? :mad: What were these kids thinking? :confused: If I was the parents, they would be grounded for a very long time and I would make them volenteer at the local animal shelter and maybe get some anger concelling. They obviously need some type of help. Poor little hampster. :sad:

happycats
January 18th, 2005, 07:04 PM
Bullboxluver, I agree with community service at an animal shelter, Maybe they would learn respect for animals, obviously they did not learn it at home!!!! Or maybe someone should Thump them over they head!! :evil:

Bugsy
January 19th, 2005, 02:59 AM
I can't help thinking... imagine them as adults :eek: !

Katherine1
January 19th, 2005, 07:06 AM
I can't help thinking... imagine them as adults :eek: !

Or worse - having a pet of any kind!! :mad:

mastifflover
January 19th, 2005, 10:39 AM
Well proven fact those that abuse animals go on to be violent in there adult lives. Does the name Jeffery Dahlmer ring a bell. If I had a kid that did that they would get thumped by me. I find a lot of kids these days have no respect for anyone let alone an animal. I am still leaning towards an eye for an eye.