Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Bear's visit to his new vet

Bearsmom
January 17th, 2005, 07:24 PM
Brought Bear in this morning for his annual shots, and he met his new vet. Now, picture this 162 lb (yup, he lost weight!!!) dog being pushed into the vet's office, all the while he's looking like I just kicked him or something (sheesh, you'd swear he's being tortured). So I bring him in, and find out he's got the part-time vet (a real sweetheart). She looks at Bear and says, "oh my god that dog is HUGE". Then we weigh him (he's lost a couple of pounds), she tells me no more table scraps and no more treats till he loses about 10 lbs. Poor dog, but I just can't resist his begging eyes.

We get into the exam room, she listens to his heart, gives him his shots, (two of them so he was very miffed at this point), she gets to his back end to check his hips, and he lets out this MONSTER FART. I almost died, the poor vet's face turned green!!!! She, in all her calmness, looks up and says, "well, at least he didn't bite me"

Poor vet. I'm still laughing over it!

Schwinn
January 18th, 2005, 10:33 AM
Well, I guess you know what he thinks of her! I'm visuallizing it in my head, and I keep hearing him snicker like Quigley, the cartoon dog.

Bugsy
January 18th, 2005, 02:35 PM
See... no one wants to hear they could "loose a few". LOL, good for Bear :thumbs up

Schwinn
January 18th, 2005, 03:30 PM
See... no one wants to hear they could "loose a few". LOL, good for Bear :thumbs up

I guess that was just Bear saying, "Here's your ten pounds!" :yuck:

mastifflover
January 18th, 2005, 03:45 PM
That was too funny thanks I needed a laugh. So we know how Bear feels about her opinion of his weight. Funny dragging these big guys in because they look so tough and are such babies

dmc123
January 18th, 2005, 05:52 PM
LOL that one made me literally Laugh Out Loud! LOLOLOL

~~Diane