Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Found - Small Male Chi/Mix?

glasslass
January 16th, 2005, 09:00 PM
This little guy was found in the middle of a busy street in Modesto this afternoon. My friend said he was trembling and scared, but happy and playful after she rescued him. She has a cat who hates dogs, so she brought him to me to keep til we can locate his owner. He has a collar but no tags. Very young, but not a baby. Very sweet and playful. For now, I'm borrowing the name Paco. Paco and Den-Den will both be sleeping very well tonight after an afternoon of play-play-play.

glasslass
January 16th, 2005, 09:02 PM
Opps! This is a better photo of Paco.

lil_kirk
January 16th, 2005, 09:08 PM
Oh my goodness--he is so lucky to have a good person find him. I wouldn't want to know what devastation could have come to him---or who's unvalued toy he could have become.

I hope you find his home soon---or a better home than the one who let a little baby like that go!! :eek:

mona_b
January 17th, 2005, 06:18 PM
Has he been scanned for a chip?

What a cutie he is.... :)

glasslass
January 17th, 2005, 10:45 PM
We haven't had him scanned yet. My vet was closed yesterday (Sun.) and today (holiday). Tomorrow, we have to drive my mom to her sister's interrment in another city about an hour away. There will be some family get-together I'm sure, although the memorial service was Saturday. Hopefully We'll be able to take him in in the afternoon. Because of the holiday, I figure the earliest to expect to see an ad would be Wednesday. We also plan to place an ad ourselves. He's wearing a distinctive ornament besides his collar that I'll require whoever claims him to describe. He's a sweetheart! My mom's dog, Corky, has always been the baby. This is the first time he's encountered a dog smaller than himself and he's so jealous! He's snapped at him twice and each time Den-Den has jumped in to protect the younger one. I'm presently typing with one hand and keeping Den-Den up on my lap to keep him from jumping Corky. Corky isn't doing anything but Den-Den gives him the hairy eyeball if he gets close to the little one. Normally they are such buddies. They're like a bunch of little kids!

chico2
January 18th, 2005, 08:11 AM
Awww,Glasslass,what a little cutie..someone must be looking for him.
So glad you take care of him... :thumbs up

mastifflover
January 18th, 2005, 09:08 AM
Well at least he could not have found a better place to be then with you. He is safe and you will do everything to find his home and owners who will certainly get a lesson in how to care for there pet whether they wanted it or not. Good luck finding his owners

glasslass
January 20th, 2005, 11:26 PM
Well - no chip, and so far, no lost ads in the paper. My ad will run for the next 5 days. Just putting "Found 1/16 small male puppy wearing distinctive collar. Call to identify ###-####. I just hope the owner, when we find em, is deserving of this little guy. "Paco" seems to be turning into a "Fonzie" instead. My hubby has been calling him that and he's responding to it. If we don't find his owner, we think there's a couple who work at the college who are interested in him. They have said they're looking for a puppy but they're going to come visit/play with him first. I won't release him until I know the owner is a no-go. I can't believe there are no flyers posted or ad in the paper. If he was mine, I'd be frantic!

Cinnabear
January 21st, 2005, 12:32 AM
Omg Glasslass, I'd thought for sure his owners would have shone up for him by now. :sad: He's one cute puppy.

Sadie's Mom
January 21st, 2005, 12:53 AM
Oh wow, he's adorable! I hope he finds his home, or a great new home!

mastifflover
January 21st, 2005, 11:01 AM
Well I hope you find a great home for him because if his owners have not put up signs or responded to the ad. He will probably be better off

glasslass
January 25th, 2005, 02:36 AM
No, the owners haven't turned up yet, but I've found a wonderful, forever home for Fonzie. My ad will run 2 more days, after which I've promised him to a long-time friend and ex-coworker. She brought my other co-worker (with a broken ankle too) over tonight to visit me. She fell in love with him. By the time the evening was over, Fonzie was snuggling with her. If the owner doesn't claim him, she wants him. I told her that I would pay for him to be neutered and that really clinched the deal! She's a teacher and her hubby is a police officer so they can afford it, but she also has 2 daughters in college. And it's my unsubtle way of being sure it gets done as soon as he's old enough. I'll miss the little guy, but he'll go to someone I've known for years and he'll be loved and cared for like he deserves. And, I'll be able to see him and know how he's doing! I'm hoping now the owner doesn't turn up because they couldn't possibly be as caring; not if they haven't made any effort to find him! Thanks Cinnabear for identifying his breed - a min-pin! We've studied pictures and believe you're right, but probably crossed with a Chi. His legs are shorter and his eyes just seem Chi! She loves his natural ears and doesn't want them cropped! I'm sooo happy!

chico2
January 25th, 2005, 06:17 AM
Glasslass,that's good news for little Paco :thumbs up He definetly has a Chi face,but his body a little too heavy to be a pure Chi,I think!!He's really cute though and lucky you took him in..he must have had a guardian :angel:

mastifflover
January 25th, 2005, 09:14 AM
That is great I hope the owners don't respond it sounds like a great home for him.

Cinnabear
January 25th, 2005, 12:04 PM
I still can't believe no one claimed him. Just shock here. He's so adorable. I'm glad you have friends that are willing to care for him. I'm glad that you found him and now he will have a forever home. :thumbs up

glasslass
January 25th, 2005, 03:04 PM
Actually, I didn't find him. A couple friends did and brought him to me because they knew I would help him. Iíve gotten 2 calls this morning. One looking for a pittbull puppy. The other one was classic. A little kid said she lost her puppy and what kind was it? There was a mom prompting her in the background. Said didnít remember what kind of collar he had. I asked what kind of puppy she lost. She asked the mom and then said Pomeranian. I said this one is short-haired. Then whispering, then the kid said her dog was shorthaired. I asked what color her puppy was. More whispering, then ďI donít really remember because we havenít seen it in a long time.Ē I asked to speak to her mom who came on the line. The mom says ďIs it one of those expensive little dogs?Ē Can you believe???? So I just told her he was a mixed breed and I needed the collar and what else the pup was wearing described so that I could be sure I found the correct owner. They hung up disappointed! Iím sure they didnít want a puppy, but just hoping could sell or get a reward.

Lucky Rescue
January 26th, 2005, 10:24 AM
Wow glasslass, nice job with that adorable little cutie. :thumbs up

The conversation with the child being prompted to lie by her mother (very nice!!) is a very good illustration why, if you find a dog, you should never describe it in detail or post a picture of it.

mastifflover
January 26th, 2005, 12:36 PM
Also very nice encouraging the child to lie. Well I am glad this dog found a good home