Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Playful cat Cat born in May and really needs a home!

kaos_bobyn
January 16th, 2005, 06:36 PM
Daisy was born in may and bought in a pet store. She was the oldest cat left and we think she was taken away from her mother to soon. However, she is a very playful cat and is always full of life. She loves to hug you and put her nose in your neck or another place warm. She resembles a cow because she is spotted black and white. She needs a big home, maybe in the country where she can run free. She has problems with peeing on blankets because their is another cat in the house and she would be able to break the habit we believe if she was the only cat or let outside to roam. It breaks my heart because she is such a lovable cat, yet she needs a home more suitable for her. I only live in a small apartment. I have tried to find a home in the country for her, but the people i know just adopted two more cats. She is a cat that would love to be around children because she is playful and does scare away from lots of attention.

Please contact Robyn at kaos_bobyn@hotmail.com if you would like to see a picture or think your home would be suitable for her!

BMDLuver
January 16th, 2005, 06:45 PM
Is she spayed and utd on vaccinations? Perhaps the not being spayed is why she is peeing? Not a cat expert so not sure but maybe LR can help you with that.

mona_b
January 16th, 2005, 06:55 PM
I have to agree with BMD.

Is she spayed?UTD with shots?Has she been to the vets about this peeing problem?

Can I ask why you would think she needs a big home or a home in the country?

Sorry for all the questions.

kaos_bobyn
January 16th, 2005, 07:51 PM
she has not had her first shot since she has been sick in the past. I am taking her for that. she has not be spayed. I do not think that will solve her problem. She uses the litter box most of the time and does not pee on the ground. She will only pee when i leave a pillow out, and soft cushiony things. She will do it right in front of me and did it on my jacket yesterday when it was right next to my boyfriend. It seems like she likes the feel. I talked to someone and the suggested that it was because she was marking her spot to warn my other cat. She has sprayed to about twice i think. I believe this is the problem because the two cats do not get along.

Robyn

kaos_bobyn
January 16th, 2005, 07:54 PM
i think she would be good in a a big house or the country because she is a very playful cat and looks like a cat that belongs outside free to play.

Lise
January 17th, 2005, 01:10 PM
It sonds really nice looking for a country home.We live on a twenty three acre farm with five indoor cats.The problem with letting cats out is lots of bad things can happen to them cars,traps,dogs,foxes coyotes etc.Outdoor barn cats usually learn from mother how to take care of themselves,but they need that education from a young age.Instead of a country home maybe have the cat spayed and checked for stones or infection,also make sure you have a few litter boxes around and try different substrates. Make sure you keep them very clean.You can speak to your vet about different medications if it is stress related problem,sometimes they can help break the habit when used in conjunction with other solutions.Good Luck

happycats
January 17th, 2005, 01:19 PM
I have a male cat who used to pee (not spray) on my bed all the time, and as soon as I got him fixed it stopped, he has never missed the litter box since!!
I only regret waiting so long, thinking he had other issues.
Please get her fixed, because even if it doesn't work out and you do give her to a farm, and she is unaltered there will be kittens EVERYWHERE!!!! She will be nothing but a breeding machine!!

kaos_bobyn
January 17th, 2005, 09:05 PM
I am still looking for a good home for her. I will post a picture of her too. She is very adorable and i will take a picture of her tonight in her "famous" sleeping position. She always sleeps on her back with her legs strecthed out like she is in a spa or something!

kaos_bobyn
January 19th, 2005, 01:54 AM
Here are some cute pictures of her

http://www.msnusers.com/n7ckkrflkc6qaj367ro1aqhaf7/Documents/nyc%20007.jpg !

http://www.msnusers.com/n7ckkrflkc6qaj367ro1aqhaf7/Documents/cat%20003.jpg

kaos_bobyn
January 19th, 2005, 01:56 AM
http://www.msnusers.com/n7ckkrflkc6qaj367ro1aqhaf7/Documents/cat%20001.jpg

kaos_bobyn
March 2nd, 2005, 07:21 PM
i am still looking for a home for this cat. If anyone is interested please email me at kaos_bobyn@hotmail.com. Id rather give her to a loving home that will work with her than give her to an animal shelter.

CyberKitten
March 2nd, 2005, 07:57 PM
Maybe I am dense but I really do not understand why you want to get rid of this cat. If you spay her, it is almost a certainty she will stop inappropriate urination. Plus, if she loves you and is used to you, placing her somewhere else - epscially a large farm when she is used to a small space and you - is unecessary and she will absolutely HATE the change.

I'd also advise againt the whole farm idea. She is not a barn or a farm cat. It would be like taking someone who grew up in the country and putting them in Harlam or downtown Toronto. They'd be sooo lost!

And that is not just her psychological well being. She can no more take care of herself on a farm - catching mice is a learned behaviour even if instinctive, where she left her mom too early, she likely lacks the needed skills to interact with other cats on a farm. And there are so many bad things that can happen to a cat n the countryside. The best policy is for cats to always be indoors or be on a leash while outside. If you disagree with that, read these:

http://www.siameserescue.org/educate1.html
http://www.mbsc.com/daddy/daddy.htm

The country has all sorts of critters who live by their instinct. This is a cat who has lived in an apartment. She stands no chance whatsoever and her life span will be reduced exponetially if you place her there. If you must place her elsewhere, find a similar arranment - minus other cats if that is a problem. And please have her spayed! She will be happier, healthier, stop inappropriate behavious and will not be bringing any unwanted babies into a world already overpopulated with kittens.

happycats
March 2nd, 2005, 08:08 PM
I don't think kaos is reading our suggestions, she just wants to get rid of her cat :sad: . It doesn't even seem like she loves it enough to give it a chance and have it fixed.

How very very sad kaos, that you are capable of being so cold and just giving up you poor helpless cat.

I should also mention that a cat is not a bird, you can't just set it "free", it won't survive!