Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Need a name

chocolatecoffee
January 15th, 2005, 08:14 PM
Here's our new dog, she's flying up from Las Vegas tomorrow (there aren't any small dogs in the shelters around here and we didn't want to buy from a breeder, so we had to look elsewhere). Unfortunately, she's flying up with our friend and his plane doesn't get in until 4:00 am, so I won't see her until Monday. Anyways, she's a 2-year-old Maltese and her name is Sunshine, but we're thinking about changing it. Any ideas? Thanks.

By the way, sorry about the small pictures. I couldn't figure out how to make them bigger without going over the 100 KB limit.

chocolatecoffee
January 15th, 2005, 08:17 PM
Another picture...

Bearsmom
January 15th, 2005, 08:17 PM
I LOVE the name Annie for her. She's so cute!

twinmommy
January 15th, 2005, 08:21 PM
she's such a cutie!! What about Daisy, or Dixie? or you could stick with the "vegas theme" and call her "Lucky"

Meghan_K
January 15th, 2005, 08:57 PM
Try typing in "puppy names" (or dog names) into a google search and browse through what they have. There are tons of sites out there devoted to names for dogs and cats. :p Hope that helps.

Bugsy
January 15th, 2005, 09:05 PM
You can call her... Vegas :D

lil_kirk
January 15th, 2005, 09:08 PM
What about Sunnie/Sunny? It's a twist on her original name...keeping a part of her past and making her a part of your future :)

Mistruzzi
January 15th, 2005, 09:40 PM
How about 'Powder'?

deerclan
January 15th, 2005, 10:34 PM
Very cute :D i like the aboriginal name Nim-Mush and its original :thumbs up

glasslass
January 16th, 2005, 12:33 AM
She looks like a Tiffany! Sweet little dog! What is her story?

Sqwuakhouse
January 16th, 2005, 01:19 AM
I'm thinking maybe " Lacey". She just looks so delicate and sweet.

jenatanasio
January 16th, 2005, 03:28 AM
how about Lola its such a cute name for such a princess

chocolatecoffee
January 16th, 2005, 12:59 PM
Thanks for all of the replies, I'll present them to the family (everyone has to agree, this is going to be fun). I like all of them.

This little girl belonged to a man with two other dogs. Unfortunately, he passed away and his niece got all three of his dogs. She couldn't keep the dogs though because she has big dogs that didn't get along with the little ones, so she asked this other person if she wanted them. She said she didn't have time for them because she has too many outside animals, but she'd try to find a home for them instead of taking them to a shelter. Well we got in contact with her and it all worked out (although I'm still worried until she's in my arms).

In 24 hours, this little baby will be in her forever home, I get to pick her up tomorrow at 6:00 am. I'm so excited! I got her and my current little one matching jackets, they'll look so cute in them!

Well thanks for all of the replies, any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

-Daniela

chico2
January 16th, 2005, 01:53 PM
I would name her something french and feminine like GiGi,FiFi or Minou :love:

Sadie's Mom
January 18th, 2005, 03:16 PM
What about Sunnie/Sunny? It's a twist on her original name...keeping a part of her past and making her a part of your future :)

That's exactly what I thought too! "Sunny" like the baby in "A Series of Unfortunate Events". I love that. For some reason the thought of changing her name makes me sad.

lil_kirk
January 18th, 2005, 04:51 PM
I haven't seen that movie--but I just read a book with the main character named Sunny. I thought it would be a cute way to mesh her into her new world---she's still the same dog, only in a new family. Keep part of the old name and then add a new part to it...like her life :D

Awe..too mushy I know...hehe

chocolatecoffee
January 18th, 2005, 05:02 PM
Still trying to decide on a name, the poor nameless pup. We're calling her Sunshine right now, but she doesn't know her name so it doesn't really matter. The name Sunny is a good name, I like the idea of keeping a part of her past and making her a part of our future.

TobsterMom
January 18th, 2005, 05:14 PM
How about Soleil? It means sun in french?

happycats
January 18th, 2005, 05:18 PM
What about Sundry (sundree), or Trixie, Daisy, Jessie, Brandie, Candy.
Or Tasha, Kiesha, Tara, Angel, Gypsie, Dora, Jetta.
Oh so many choices, Good Luck to you. :D

ThaiGhing
January 18th, 2005, 05:30 PM
How about Lexus?? Or Lexi? I love that name, and she fits that name perfectly!

Grissom's Mom
January 22nd, 2005, 05:01 AM
I just want to hug her. What a cutie. I like Sunny too. She looks happy and bright.

glasslass
January 22nd, 2005, 05:22 PM
What about Muffin or Cupcake?

drewfan
January 22nd, 2005, 06:07 PM
I think she looks like a Tia (TEEA) She is adorable, congrats on your new arrival :thumbs up

chocolatecoffee
January 31st, 2005, 12:25 PM
Thanks for all of the replies! I've learned that my family has gotten much pickier with picking dog names since we named our last little one. We decided on Panna, which means whipping cream in Italian. Here's a picture of her by herself, then her sleeping beside our other little one, Mocha, on her second night here.

chocolatecoffee
January 31st, 2005, 12:26 PM
I finally figured out how to make the pictures bigger! :)

Katherine1
January 31st, 2005, 04:06 PM
OMG they are soooo way cute and look so snuggley cuddely :D !

heidiho
January 31st, 2005, 05:39 PM
Vegaswould be a great name....

mona_b
January 31st, 2005, 06:34 PM
Just a question.Has this always been her name?The reason I ask is if she knows her name already,why change it? :)

chocolatecoffee
January 31st, 2005, 08:27 PM
No, this hasn't always been her name. Her name before was Sunshine, however she didn't know it, so since we would have had to teach it to her anyways, we decided to change it to a name we liked better.

twodogsandacat
January 31st, 2005, 08:37 PM
Those are sweet looking dogs. Sometimes I wish I had little ones rather than the beasts I have now. Just on those lazy days though....oh how I wish I didn't have to go for that long cold walk, and then once I'm there I'm fine.

krdahmer
January 31st, 2005, 11:53 PM
Aw... Mocha and Panna, a dessert theme! They are so cute there sleepin together...and now all you need is a 'Sprinkles'!! ;)