Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pug Breeder in Toronto (area), Ontario

stephanie31
January 14th, 2005, 12:15 PM
Does anyone know where to find a reputable Pug breeder in the Toronto area? Or even Ontario, I saw that this website only has breeders for 2 locations outside of Ontario.

lil_kirk
January 14th, 2005, 12:29 PM
You can get a list of breeders in the ottawa area from the Ottawa Kennel Club if you call them.

LL1
January 14th, 2005, 12:38 PM
I'd call Dagmar at Peachy Pug rescue - she definitely knows who is and is not reputable - her # is 905-951-2539

stephanie31
January 14th, 2005, 02:40 PM
LL1, I tried phoning and I received a answering machine that was a male and did not specify who's machine it was. Do they have a webiste if any sort? Thank you for the info.

mastifflover
January 14th, 2005, 03:05 PM
Alot of rescues don't say their names or leave them on machines, plus a lot of people run them are run out of residences.

lil_kirk
January 14th, 2005, 03:23 PM
Peachy Pugs has a website but it won't give you a list of breeders. Why don't you search online for the local kennel clubs? The ottawa one has about four pug breeders in the area---there have to be tons throughout Ontario. Search the web and you will likely find some...search for pug breeder ontario and see what happens :)

Good luck!

LL1
January 14th, 2005, 03:44 PM
That's her husband - you can reach her through her website:

http://www.peachypugs.com/

She's great and will be an invaluable resource as to who is ethical - definitely give her a try.

LL1, I tried phoning and I received a answering machine that was a male and did not specify who's machine it was. Do they have a webiste if any sort? Thank you for the info.

BMDLuver
January 14th, 2005, 04:04 PM
I second that! Definitely speak with Dagmar. She's a great lady and she will point you in the right direction! I would have posted her as the best resource too but LL1 beat me to it. Lol