Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Local Paper...

ThaiGhing
January 13th, 2005, 09:27 PM
Hey all, I was just looking through my local paper... And was sick by the ads I seen. It was horrible. These poor animals... given away with no thoughts of what might be happening to them now...

Examples...Russian Wolf Hound Cross 3.5 yrs old. neutered. Free to good home.

Or the ad "Puppy Sale" Bichon, Pekingnese,YorkiePoo, Cockapoo, etc.

Or King Sheppard Puppy, 8 months old... 50 dollars.

Or Chocolate Lab, free to good home.

German Sheppard cross, 2 years old.. $1.00 (wow)

And tonnes of free Kittens!

Its crazy.. there are 57 ads today... And most are free to good home.. can you imagine??

mona_b
January 13th, 2005, 09:45 PM
It is just pathetic.

What I usually do is actually call the person and suggest they change the ad to "adoption".And tell them the reason why.I don't really find much in the Hamilton Spec about that.But there are tons in the Toronto Star.So when I go back to see my dad,I make the calls. :D

BMDLuver
January 13th, 2005, 10:00 PM
Hey all, I was just looking through my local paper... And was sick by the ads I seen. It was horrible. These poor animals... given away with no thoughts of what might be happening to them now...

Examples...Russian Wolf Hound Cross 3.5 yrs old. neutered. Free to good home.

Or the ad "Puppy Sale" Bichon, Pekingnese,YorkiePoo, Cockapoo, etc.

Or King Sheppard Puppy, 8 months old... 50 dollars.

Or Chocolate Lab, free to good home.

German Sheppard cross, 2 years old.. $1.00 (wow)

And tonnes of free Kittens!

Its crazy.. there are 57 ads today... And most are free to good home.. can you imagine??
Could you pm me the Russian Wolfhound information please, I have someone looking for one in Ontario. Thanks.

Bearsmom
January 14th, 2005, 01:29 PM
Please also PM with with the King Shepherd info. Thanks

raingirl
January 14th, 2005, 01:34 PM
here you go.

it's online at thestar.com

http://www.torontostarclassifieds.com/NASApp/OLCSApp/do/attribute_search?categoryName=MERCHANDISE&Refresh=No&classId=480&attri_727=%2704-Dogs%27&pages=10&detail=true&sort=none&x=0&subClass=Dogs&subClassId=04&attribute=727

Schwinn
January 14th, 2005, 01:34 PM
It is just pathetic.

What I usually do is actually call the person and suggest they change the ad to "adoption".And tell them the reason why.I don't really find much in the Hamilton Spec about that.But there are tons in the Toronto Star.So when I go back to see my dad,I make the calls. :D

I'm glad you explain to them the reason why. I think sometimes we forget that not everyone has the awareness of those who are so involved in the "Pet community". Before coming here, I wouldn't have given much thought to seeing "free to good home". Sometimes, the intentions are good, but the results aren't.