Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pictures of funny-looking crosses

Schwinn
January 13th, 2005, 06:54 PM
I've been looking for pictures of funny looking cross-breeds (just for fun). You know, like a Great Dane and a Schnauzer, a Bulldog with a Poodle. I've always wondered what some of them would look like. Anyone know of any pictures?

dmc123
January 13th, 2005, 07:37 PM
I wish I had a picture of a dog that lived in my neighborhood when I was in my teens, his name was Ralph. He was St. Bernard and Daschsund (that's what the owners said). The first time I saw him, he was lying in the front yard. Looked just like a regular St. Bernard, big head, etc. But then he stood up....he had very, very short legs. Strange looking!

~~Diane

Lucky Rescue
January 13th, 2005, 08:28 PM
I've got two.:p

This I was told is a GSD/Corgi
http://pic10.picturetrail.com/VOL320/1047157/2137064/68933145.jpg

And this is "Spikerton McGoo" (affectionately known as Spike) who is a Chinese Crested/English Bulldog mix and one of the weirdest mixes I've ever seen.
http://www.defuzzld.com/sitebuilder/images/Spike_face-187x250.jpg

Rainy
January 13th, 2005, 08:32 PM
OMGawdddd that poor Mcgoo!He looks like an old oldddd doggie!

mona_b
January 13th, 2005, 08:37 PM
ROTFLMFAO.

Sorry,but I couldn't resist.Those pics are just to funny.

McGoo looks like a Tazmanian Devil.... :D

Carina
January 13th, 2005, 08:58 PM
Wow.
Spike is, ummmm....a really, really ugly dog! :) Bless his heart.
That first one looks exactly like a lovely GSD/corgi cross I got to know in Turkey once, on vacation. He was one of the happy beach dogs, and I was quite taken with him.
I'm sorry I don't have any good picturse to share!

twodogsandacat
January 13th, 2005, 09:00 PM
I think I've seen that Shepherd mix. He was standing in what we thought was a deep snowbank but then he stepped onto the road and had these itty bitty legs. Thank god the car windows were up as we laughed so hard we were crying. :sorry:

It wasn't nice to laugh but it was just so unexpected.

BMDLuver
January 13th, 2005, 09:06 PM
BTW, Bugsy, you know this dog!

Carina
January 13th, 2005, 09:09 PM
BTW, Bugsy, you know this dog!

Holy mackerel, what is that!?
(It's extremely cute!)

BMDLuver
January 13th, 2005, 09:17 PM
The nearest we could figure is that he is Corgi... something... he has very stumpy legs... a quite longish body.... and the world's largest ears...we hazard the other part may be Shepherd??? He's a doll and the little girl he lives with adores him and has no idea that he is very different looking. :thumbs up

mona_b
January 13th, 2005, 09:18 PM
Here is a mix of a Shar Pei and Basset Hound.

BMDLuver
January 13th, 2005, 09:19 PM
Too cute Mona! Look at those long saggy faces. Can't imagine what they ended up looking as as adults?

Sneaky2006
January 13th, 2005, 09:27 PM
I have no idea what this is. But it's cute!

Lucky Rescue
January 13th, 2005, 09:29 PM
BMDluver, are those ears for real??? I thought you had altered the pic. Maybe he's crossed with a jackrabbit? :p

If anyone wants to see more of Spike and his equally hairless kitty friends, take a look.

Spike McGoo (http://www.defuzzld.com/Spike.html)

mona_b
January 13th, 2005, 09:33 PM
I was hoping to find a pic of them as adults BMD.

OMG LR,I can't get over Spike....He fits in just perfect with the Sphynx kitties..... :D

BMDLuver
January 13th, 2005, 09:49 PM
BMDluver, are those ears for real??? I thought you had altered the pic. Maybe he's crossed with a jackrabbit? :p

This is him as a puppy of 12 weeks, who would ever have thought his ears would have done that!

Bugsy
January 14th, 2005, 12:47 AM
OMG... get out :eek: ! That's Bronx! http://users.telenet.be/eforum/emoticons4u/love/640.gif http://users.telenet.be/eforum/emoticons4u/love/new/hug2.gif

At first I thought it was Brutus... till I looked twice. I can't believe Bronx grew up to look like thathttp://users.telenet.be/eforum/emoticons4u/love/641.gif !
I thought he would have grown into a big mean-looking Rottie..... LMAO :D . I never never never would have guessed his ear would go up up up.

His ears make me think of the song at the begining of that old TV show "The Jefferson's". I have that tune in my head now.... 'cause we're movin' on up... to the sky.

I can only imagine what the rest of the litter looks like http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/crazy/485.gif !

Geez I can't even guess anymore! Some had blue eyes & some had white feet with freckles... Corgi/Rottie/Aussie maybe?

Rottimom
January 14th, 2005, 08:37 AM
LMAO These are great. It reminds me of the movie Dumb and Dumber, where the guys says he successfully mated a bull dog and a ****-zu. It was called a "bull ****". :crazy:

Schwinn
January 14th, 2005, 09:11 AM
Can he move those ears, or do they stay like that? I'm thinking how useful they'd be if he needed to slow down quickly, kinda like flaps!

As for McGoo...I'll bet he has a great personality!

Sadie's Mom
January 18th, 2005, 02:53 PM
Oh my gosh, Spike is the ugliest/cutest dog I have EVER seen! I'm in LOVE with him. :love: You must not be able to go anywhere with him without people stopping you every three seconds. The little dude has a MOHAWK!! I'm sorry, I can't get over it. He's amazing.

corona99
January 18th, 2005, 04:26 PM
I have a strange mix to add...he's mine.....Rottweiler/Basset Hound.

He was abandoned at an international border crossing, about one year old. We adopted him, had him microchipped and fixed, he was already house trained, knew sit and stay(well a little). He has the best temperment of any dog I know. He likes EVERYTHING.....I can take his food right out of his mouth...he does not mind.

We were not ready for a dog, absolutely were not going to get one for at least 3 years, then we were going to get a lab or rottweiler puppy, we had just bought a house, have 2 cats...but after having him for 2 days we couldnt give him up.

It meant radical changes here, I'm allergic and it was so bad the first week I had about 4 asthma attacks per day, but each day got a little better, now I'm fine(well, unless I bury my face in his fur) We had to have a custom made door for our basement, as he stays down there most of the time. He likes our two cats, but despite training and working on it, he still likes them too much, and he rushes at them and they run, so he only comes upstairs when supervised. And he has to have fleece booties on, as he scratches the hardwood laminate....(see, we weren't ready for a dog) So our basement smells like dog....figures the nicest room in our house he gets, we had a bar made for our basement and with the left over wood I had him build Bubba a custom bed....it's beautiful (and almost the size of a twin bed) He really is spoiled......

Only bad thing is he never grew out of his separation anxiety. He cannot be left alone for more than 2 minutes withour constantly whining....after 2 years it gets a bit trying.....

Carina
January 18th, 2005, 04:46 PM
What a beautiful Rottie head he has! :) Are his legs short....it's hard to tell from that photo.

Jackie467
January 18th, 2005, 04:52 PM
this thread made me curious about what kind of unusual mixes look like so i looked around on the internet. I found this horrible byb, puppymill site. it's the first site on the list if you do a google search on poodle mixes. it has every cross you can think of with poodles and lists "breeders". that's what got me they call them "breeders". yeah right. :mad: anyway there is a lot of cute dogs on there, one unusual one is the doberman crossed with the poodle (won't let me post the pic or i just don't know what i'm doing, which is entirely possible). I think the golden crossed with the poodle is cute.