Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

i am still hoping to rescue a young dog or puppy in may/june

jackieb
January 13th, 2005, 10:18 AM
As most of you know i would like a english mastiff i am famiiar with this breed it would have to be a young one to adapt to my children or one excellent with children. My question is if i get a mastiff mixed with another breed would i have to be careful on that breeds temprement. I know the english mastiff is expectional with children if used to them but they are a dosile breed. Would it be best to reasearch the breed it was crossed with.

Trinitie
January 13th, 2005, 12:50 PM
I would think it prudent to check into the second breed of a mixed dog - or at least some of the charcateristics if it's a mix of 3 or more. Some dogs may inherit the calm nature of the English Mastiff, but some my get the spunky/fiesty side of the mix too. Best to be 100% sure of both breeds around children.

mastifflover
January 13th, 2005, 01:01 PM
Jackie B I might have a suggestion for you. Could you pm me and we can discuss it

jackieb
January 13th, 2005, 01:28 PM
i have pm you mastiff lover thanks

Bearsmom
January 13th, 2005, 01:35 PM
Bear is a lab/mastiff/rottie mix, and although he's really big, all 3 breeds seem to blend nicely making him into one BIG sucky dog.

I agree, research the other mix in the breed, and go from there.

shell
January 13th, 2005, 07:12 PM
What a good idea to check out the other breed as this will give you confidence and peace of mind.