Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Man catches falling dog

heidiho
January 13th, 2005, 09:01 AM
FLORENCE, Ala. - Gary Gallien is a house painter. But earlier this week he became a dog catcher -- literally.

Working with a crew at an apartment complex in Florence, Gallien caught a small dog as it fell from a fifth-floor balcony.

Gallien said he had stepped outside the building Tuesday when he heard a woman scream and saw a white, furry object falling toward him.

"Somebody hollered and I looked up and just stuck out my arms and caught it," he said. "I caught it like a football. I was fixing to run for a touchdown with it."

Gallien said he did not know where the dog came from, but he took it back to the fifth floor and turned it loose in the hall.

"That's like the 'Funniest Home Videos' on TV," Gallien said. "I wish we had been filming it, so I could have sent it in. It would have won first place."

This text is invisible on the page, but this text is affected by the invisible item's flow. This text is invisible on the page, but this text is affected by the invisible item's flow.

twodogsandacat
January 14th, 2005, 02:28 PM
Ontario Attorney General Michael Bryant has expressed concern over this startling new form of dog attacks. He is recommending that all dogs living in apartment buildings now be muzzled, leashed and additionally secured with a bungee cord to pull the dog back before they can harm any innocent paperboys or mail carriers. It will also be illegal to send a pit bull to parachute school. We must keep the citizens safe. :clown:

Schwinn
January 14th, 2005, 02:54 PM
..."I caught it like a football. I was fixing to run for a touchdown with it."

If he did, this story could have a very bad ending once he spiked it...

glasslass
January 14th, 2005, 06:41 PM
Schwinn! You are sooo bad! :evil: