Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cat Found Montreal

badger
January 12th, 2005, 08:47 AM
Found near Rouen / d'Iberville streets, not far from Frontenac Metro on January 12, 2005.

Lucky Rescue
January 12th, 2005, 10:52 AM
Another one....:(

Is he with you? You know the drill if he is. I'll put him on my site.

badger
January 12th, 2005, 11:19 AM
Yes, he's here meowing up a storm. I am already exhausted! He's a cutie though, hungry for company. Male, not neutered, has his claws, usual profile. Thin, so may have been outside for a few weeks. I've posted in the usual places. Berger Blanc will NOT take any information over the phone! I know we rant about the SPCA but at least they call you back pretty quickly, take a description, do the research.

Thanks, Lucky.

Lucky Rescue
January 12th, 2005, 11:32 AM
You are a kitty :angel:

I will list him. If you can get another pic that would be good.

Of course I lost your email, so please PM it to me.

chico2
January 13th, 2005, 10:11 AM
Awww Badger,you certainly are a lost kitty magnet!! He's beautiful...you must have a really busy bathroom :D
Being intact,I suppose it will be harder finding him a home,maybe the SPCA will neuter him???and let you try to find a home for him??

badger
January 14th, 2005, 12:16 AM
I'm afraid the SPCA is not that collaborative. I could take him up there and put a PTS stop on his file, in which case they call me if no-one adopts him and he is 'carded' for euthenasia. By that time, he'd definitely be sick with whatever goes around up there, respiratory infections mostly. So by any measure, he loses ground.

And here I had hoped to get through the winter without another visitor!

happycats
January 14th, 2005, 10:25 AM
He's beautiful, you'd think that he has an owner somewhere, or he'd look worse, wouldn't he??
Have you tried listing him (or looking for him) on: www.canadastrays.com.
hope he finds his home.

chico2
January 14th, 2005, 05:43 PM
Badger,I see what you mean :sad:Our HS here will take stray cats and even ferals,have them neutered and released....I thought maybe yours would do the same :sad: He is a beautiful healthy looking cat,but if he has owners they obviously did not care enough,or he would have been fixed.
So,what's next,what can you do???Other than feeding him and giving him a warm bathroom,which on it's on is a wonderful thing!!

Lucky Rescue
January 14th, 2005, 07:07 PM
maybe the SPCA will neuter him???

Our SPCA will never spay or neuter and adopts out ALL animals intact.Then they wonder why there is such a problem here. DUH!! :mad:

Ferals? They will be dead before the door even closes behind them. The only help these animals have is from private individuals, and that's just a drop in the bucket with the attitude of seeing cats as garbage that is so prevalent here.

badger
January 14th, 2005, 07:44 PM
So true. You wonder where these people park their brains. I do think they are short of money, having to rely too much on volunteers. But even if the government gave them more funding, the problem of the 'throw-away' mentality remains. I'd love to see some kind of campaign, a few punchy ads on television, that really drives home the problem. An image I saw once of a gurney piled high with euthanized cats would be a good start. In fact, a few rescue groups here in Quebec could get together, design a campaign and try to get some funding. Posters are fine, but TV packs so much more of a wallop. Anybody out there interested?