Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Raw Honeycomb

fremar
January 11th, 2005, 08:26 PM
Has anyone ever tried honey? with a dog/human who has allergies? I just wonder what the results would be I did buy honey in a comb today and started giving it to my dog 1 teaspoon comb and all. She has nasal discharge mostly in the mornings. here is part of the article...* Raw honeycomb, which pets chew is anti-allergic and useful for asthma, respiratory allergies, sinusitis, and allergic nasal discharge. It may be a preventive for respiratory infectious diseases. think there is any truth in this? I have tried everything yes including 2 vets both say the same thing chronic rhinitis..

here is the web site..very interesting...

http://www.pets4life.com/art13.html :usa: :thumbs up

BMDLuver
January 11th, 2005, 09:52 PM
I took this in powder form while living in the Niagara Region. I had the most awful allergies there. It helped tremendously and was suggested by someone who does holistic alternative medicine. I thought she was nuts but it really did work, lol. I don't know about in dogs but if it has been suggested to be safe then it's worth a shot, right?

Cinnabear
January 12th, 2005, 12:33 AM
I would at least try. There's no harm in trying it though. Raw honey is extremely good for what the nutrients it carries. Good luck in finding it though. :)

Rainy
January 12th, 2005, 01:01 AM
When I had my son(s). The hospital gave me info and in there was written that honey was not safe for babies because of mold spores. I'm not sure about dogs.

fremar
January 12th, 2005, 11:48 AM
I am glad to hear from a human that this does work I am going to continue giving it to Sadie at least I will try one honeycomb it should last as I am only feeding 1 teaspoon a month. I did not know this came in powder form. I am sticking to the very natural. BMDLuver how much powder did you take a day and for how long? When did you start to see results? BTW honey in a comb should not be very hard to find even in Canada you can try health food stores to start or even call a beekeeper just let your fingers do the walking!
:usa: :thumbs up If you would read the web site article it also states honey is not for babies..

Cflat
January 12th, 2005, 01:08 PM
My father in law is a beekeeper so we eat ALOT of honey :D
"Raw" honey is not pasturized which is why babies should not have it.

fremar
January 12th, 2005, 01:48 PM
Does he know if it is safe for dogs? Does it help with allergies for both dogs and humans as stated in the above reply? If so how much should I give a 50lb dog? Thanks

badger
January 12th, 2005, 02:06 PM
I wonder if it is the wax and not the honey that helps, or maybe propolis, which is a kind of glue they use to plug holes in the hive. Is it only for plant allergies or would it work on allergies to animals? My nephew gasps for air when there is a cat anywhere in the vicinity and I'm sure he'd be interested in checking this out. If anyboy has a web link, please post it. Thanks.

glasslass
January 12th, 2005, 02:19 PM
I remember when Bee Pollen and honey were the big thing in the health food stores in the 70's. I believe what was stressed as the most important element was to obtain honey that was produced locally. Theory being that local honey is made from local pollen and that is what your allergies are being bothered by. The honey is supposed to desensitize you, like the series of shots that you can also take.

fremar
January 13th, 2005, 02:37 PM
The site that I posted the very first one is also geared towards humans I think if you read that article it will enlighthen you. I hope your nephew will find something that will help him out. The bee pollen powder sounded great also I think you should just re-read this bulletin board. Best of Luck to you. :usa: :thumbs up BADGER you are sure correct it is really a sticky mess just like glue! Thanks to all who wrote I am really enthusatic about this and I hope it works for anyone else who trys it out.