Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Man Arrested For Allegedly Beating Dog With Shovel

heidiho
January 11th, 2005, 12:10 PM
BROCKTON, Mass. -- Police are investigating an alleged case of animal cruelty in East Bridgewater where a man was accused of beating his neighbor's dog with a shovel.

Video

Gail Huff Reports On Case

NewsCenter 5's Gail Huff reported that Forest Emery, 48, will be arraigned in Brockton District Court Tuesday morning on charges of cruelty to an animal and cruelty with intent to maim for allegedly hitting his neighbor's dog six times with a shovel, breaking 10 of its teeth.

Emery's neighbors allege that he called their house threatening to do something about the dog seven minutes before the attack. They said his message was recorded on their answering machine.

Replayed, the recording said: "As I am fearful of that dog because he's crazy I'm asking you to move him from the rotation. If you don't, I'll deal with it. Bye."

"He's probably never going to be the same dog, because someone attacked him," dog owner Kristen Chancholo said.

Police said the dispute began over property lines, Emery claiming the dog -- named Crash -- was on his property. The owner claiming the dog's leash doesn't even reach Emery's yard.

Emery declined to comment on the case. He was arrested Monday afternoon and released on $240 bail.

Police said whatever sparked the dispute, the dog should not have been attacked.

"Even if the dog was on the property line, to me it's not enough reason to hit him with a shovel," East Bridgewater police Det. Bill Shaw said.

Copyright 2005 by TheBostonChannel. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

mastifflover
January 11th, 2005, 02:00 PM
Let this idiot stand on the property line and I will take the shovel to his face and see if that makes him move. What planet do these idiots come from?

Schwinn
January 11th, 2005, 02:31 PM
It's kind of like the "I shot him 28 times in self-defence" arguement. I hope he gets butt cancer.

heidiho
January 11th, 2005, 03:03 PM
Butt cancer that was a good one.......... :thumbs up :thumbs up