Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Question for Whinnie-Boo

sammiec
January 11th, 2005, 10:12 AM
Remember these posts?

I foster a friends dog, as he had no options other then the spca, which he would have no hopes of survival in, he is 8 yrs old. Neutered, UTD on shots and just a handsome boy.

He covers him entirely financially, he just lives with me to combat his seperation anxiety. Let me guess this makes me a bad person too, for not wanting to send an 8yr old pitbull to certin death at the pound?????????

What you everyone else have done? Turned your backs on DEZ??????? How is it that Dez's owner is now here saying that he was hit by a car and missing since Jan 5 and you post on Jan 7 that he is living on a farm!??!?
Posted January 7, 2005 @1:29PMBut, now that DEZ has found his home, his owner will be helping make the transition slowly along side the new owner. Dez will be fine. His new owner lives & works on a farm, where provided Dez doesn't upset the horse too much, he can follow his new Daddy everywhere he goes, and play freely on over 100 acres of fenced land. YAY FOR DEZ!! I knew there was an ideal situation out there for my boy!!
Posted January 10, 2005 @ 10:08PMI was surprised to see so many replies so soon. I have not read the other post by Whinnie-boots but here is the story... Dezmond was my dog and I needed to find him a new home. The new home I was hopefully gonna leave him to was where Winnie and boots lives. It is the same dog. He was at the new home when he escaped Wednesday night at 7:45 and then got hit by a van at McLaughlin/Elgin at 8:30. I hope I can find him to just know what happened. I would like to coordinate a search party for this saturday in the fields behind the Youth Centre if anyone is interested.
Why didn't you say something to let anyone here know that Dez was in trouble so that we could have helped! Now a week later....something could have been done for this poor dog!

When I got Whinnie she was Pregnant & underweight. Until she went into labour I just thought she was getting fatter
My Whinnie came to me pregnant in her first heat - malnourished and underweight. I thought wow.....shes gaining weight so quickly....what a good job I must be doing. Until I'm at work one day and my Hubby calls and says something is wrong with Whinnie and I need to come home. 8 hours later, there were 7 of the most beautiful little things I have ever seen.
AND....
The picture called "MAG" - is the picture of the puppies Daddy (Boo looks a lot more like her dad) http://www.pets.ca/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5369 I thought Whinnie was dropped on your doorstep pregnant? How do you know who Boo's father is?? From what you wrote above it sounds like you didn't even know she was pregnant?

Why is it that you state over and over that you cannot afford to spay your dogs, but you can take two new cats into your family over the Chirstmas holidays!??!

BMDLuver
January 11th, 2005, 10:15 AM
that the moment something happened to Dez, it was not posted on this board. Perhaps pride got in the way, however each minute is critical for Dez and pride should be the last thing on anyone's mind. This post could be a lot worse but I am so sorry for Dez that I do not have the heart to go further. :mad:

Rainy
January 11th, 2005, 10:23 AM
AND....
http://www.pets.ca/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5369 I thought Whinnie was dropped on your doorstep pregnant? How do you know who Boo's father is??
From Whinnie-Boo's posts you can read that,yes Whinnie was dumped on her doorstep but Whinnie used to belong to a good friend of Whinnie-Boo's who bred her.That is how she knows who the dad is.

happycats
January 11th, 2005, 10:26 AM
I don't know, but how could pride take precedence over an animals life?? :mad: . Especially someone claiming to be an animal lover!!

sammiec
January 11th, 2005, 10:27 AM
But she's posted that she didn't know that Whinnie was pregnant until her husband called and told her that there were puppies... that's why I am asking the question. Maybe there's a misunderstanding...

Dukieboy
January 11th, 2005, 10:39 AM
I think you guys are jumping to fast. First of all, Whinnie has been on the board for sometime. The unfortunate "owner" just started posting. Are you really going to jump to conclusions this fast? I think it would be fair to wait till she is actually on the Board to start discussing it, no? Dez went home nights, right? Went missing at night?

sammiec
January 11th, 2005, 10:42 AM
Do you remember Myst38? And the "neighbour"??
People can appear to be wonderful... we're just worried about the dog...please understand that. If she was here to help answer some of the questions that would be great!

Lucky Rescue
January 11th, 2005, 10:45 AM
Dez went home nights, right? Went missing at night?

Yes, but he is not missing from his owner's home.

I don't want this thread to get out of hand. Best to wait and see what Whinnie-Boo has to say about all this.

If there is no reply, then you will have your answers.

Dukieboy
January 11th, 2005, 11:16 AM
We only know what we have been told, by one party.

sammiec
January 11th, 2005, 11:18 AM
We only know what we have been told, by one party.

Yes about Dez we do. There are other items involved. But this discussion is going to wait and see if she shows up today.

Rainy
January 11th, 2005, 11:20 AM
Who is Myst38? LOL Since you mentioned and all.....

Bugsy
January 11th, 2005, 11:23 AM
What's been bothering me:

Mango was up for adoption together with another cat . Now the Rescue website says they have been adopted. Yet you have Mango & not the other cat. Where is the other cat? Why were they seperated... yet you took in 2 cats anyway.

sammiec
January 11th, 2005, 11:31 AM
Who is Myst38? LOL Since you mentioned and all.....

She was another member of the board that seemed wonderful, but then we found out her stories were false. She started causing trouble here by posting under two different user names.

raingirl
January 11th, 2005, 11:33 AM
I did some sleuthing on the net and found some interesting info about mysts...she uses that name on a lot of other forums. I won't post here about it, but I can definately see why what happened...happened!

(you should see her personal website that I found)

sammiec
January 11th, 2005, 11:37 AM
I did some sleuthing on the net and found some interesting info about mysts...she uses that name on a lot of other forums. I won't post here about it, but I can definately see why what happened...happened!
I checked a while back. I know what you mean! :sad:

Schwinn
January 11th, 2005, 01:20 PM
If there is no reply, then you will have your answers.

Or she just isn't coming around anymore, as both she and Dogue said the were finished.

badger
January 11th, 2005, 01:27 PM
She's reading this, though. She feels bad because her original motivation was good, but the situation got away from her. Rescuing is hard (admittedly I am not speaking from much experience) and you gotta know your limits, particularly with respect to bringing animals inside. It doesn't always work out, so you always need a Plan B.

sammiec
January 11th, 2005, 01:55 PM
Well well well, Laura! You have pit bull puppies for sale!

---> for those of you wondering how I found out her name.... From, Laura, Whinnie, & Boo posted in the STAMPdesign thread.

Pit puppies for sale (http://www.hoobly.com/members/laura4pits/)

I bet you find REALLY responsible and loving homes through the classified ads!

Since Boo is no longer pregnant, you should really work on getting that ad removed... I bet you're getting alot of calls

Bugsy
January 11th, 2005, 02:04 PM
Eeek.... :eek:

Copper'sMom
January 11th, 2005, 02:05 PM
Holy Crap!!!! I think we have a PI on our hands!!! :cool: I kind of wonder if we have a pathological liar on this board?

In all seriousness, this whole situation is extremely sad in every sense of the word. And some poor, innocent animal is or was suffering an awful injury/death all alone! :sad:

STAMPDesigns
January 11th, 2005, 02:20 PM
This is where I step in. I usually don't post on threads that are jumping to conclusions, but I will answer this. Mango and the "other cat", whom name was River. River was adopted back in Novermeber of 2004 by a lady in Montreal. River was 14 years old and she was the only person willing to adopt her. This adopted was handled through Chatocat. Mango was still with her owner (who had also had River since 9 weeks of age). Mango was taken to adoption days, but never adopted as people thought she was too fat, not pretty enough and passed by simply because she was a black cat. I put Whinnie and Elizabeth in touch with each other, this way, any questions, concerns etc could be asked between them. Robert was a cat that was abandoned over the summer by his previous owner in Lachine Quebec. I took Robert to adoption days as well, no one interested in him and those that were, weren't interested enough in giving him a home. I took it upon myself to drive from Montreal to Brampton to see if this would be a suitable home. After a horrible adoption a couple of months back, I now ask more, look for more and demand more before an adoption takes place. I don't need to explain myself and won't. I had NO reason what so ever to doubt Whinnie's home and still don't. Now, I call at least once a week to check in on the cats, as well as e-mails. Elizabeth (Mango's first mom) also gets e-mails and makes calls.

I won't pass judgement on anyone, especially when all the facts aren't in front of me.

Sneaky2006
January 11th, 2005, 02:30 PM
I can't believe all of this! Whinnie... please say something... anything! :confused: :confused: :confused:

sammiec
January 11th, 2005, 02:34 PM
Stampdesign! I am so glad to hear that the cats are doing well, that's fantastic news.

There's just a couple of issues that have arised and we were concerned. I hope that Whinnie will come back and explain...

It's hard not to jump to conclusions sometimes. This board has had it's share of bad apples and keeps everyone skeptical. I just hope we can resolve this and put it behind us. For the animals.

Whinnie-boo, where are you!?!? :)

STAMPDesigns
January 11th, 2005, 02:36 PM
Sammi, I'm on the phone with Whinnie now. She had mentioned in a post before she wouldn't be back.

Schwinn
January 11th, 2005, 02:39 PM
Remember these posts?

How is it that Dez's owner is now here saying that he was hit by a car and missing since Jan 5 and you post on Jan 7 that he is living on a farm!??!?

He was apparently at your place when he got out! You didn't bother to let anyone here know that Dez was in trouble so that we could have helped. Now a week later the truth comes out, something could have been done for this poor dog!

Are you sure this isn't mistaken identity? Dez's owner keeps referring to a dog named Boots, and someone named Whinnie-boots. It was my understanding that Whinnie's dogs were name Whinnie and Boo. I'm sorry, this is just really starting to sound like a witch hunt, that's all. I could be wrong, but this whole thing with "Dez's owner" doesn't make any sense to me.

sammiec
January 11th, 2005, 02:40 PM
Scwhinn, did you read the thread that I refered you when you questioned before?
Dezmond was my dog and I needed to find him a new home. The new home I was hopefully gonna leave him to was where Winnie and boots lives. It is the same dog. He was at the new home when he escaped Wednesday night at 7:45 and then got hit by a van at McLaughlin/Elgin at 8:30. I hope I can find him to just know what happened. I would like to coordinate a search party for this saturday in the fields behind the Youth Centre if anyone is interested.

It may sound like a witch hunt. It's just all so confusing...

Schwinn
January 11th, 2005, 02:45 PM
Scwhinn, did you read the thread that I refered you when you questioned before?

It may sound like a witch hunt. It's just all so confusing...

No, sorry. I missed that. If you can direct me to the thread, I would like to see it.

sammiec
January 11th, 2005, 02:47 PM
I posted it in the Dezmond thread where you asked the question.

"Lost Pit bull in Brampton"

Cinnabear
January 11th, 2005, 02:49 PM
Then you wonder why people leave. You can't jump down their throats and expect them to talk to you when you're not being very civilized. You demanded answers and you will receive none now. How has that helped with byb?

So now you have somebody not able to get proper help and able to turn things around for those pups. What will happen to those puppies? Thanks for encouraging byb.

All I can say this board has tremendously gone downhill :sad: . What happened to try and help and correct the situation in a positive manner?

sammiec
January 11th, 2005, 02:54 PM
They are questions. Sorry if you feel they are too direct.

Lucky Rescue
January 11th, 2005, 02:59 PM
Thanks for encouraging byb.

Pardon?? We have been begging Whinnie-boo to spay her dog since she started posting here. She has been lying and saying the dog was not pregnant and that she would get her spayed.

She is deliberately backyard breeding pit bulls and you say we encourage this? Exactly how?

When did she decide not to come back here anymore? After we found out about poor Dez? Or when we found out her dog was pregnant and she is peddling puppies on the disreputable Hoobly site?

Maybe now the decision of Lucky Rescue not to give her two cats is more clear. We would never adopt to a byber.

Sneaky2006
January 11th, 2005, 03:00 PM
No one here is encouraging BYB, cinnabear... maybe the byb thread got out of hand for a bit but that doesn't make it okay, this thread has nothing to do with that.... I mean it's stated in this thread but that's only to prove a point (I think) and that's lying and/or scheming.

Cinnabear
January 11th, 2005, 03:01 PM
You may have been too direct. People come here to get help. She probably felt that she was extremely attacked. Sometimes we have to look for the greater good and think about the now picture not before. Like now what happens to those pups?

Schwinn
January 11th, 2005, 03:02 PM
I posted it in the Dezmond thread where you asked the question.

"Lost Pit bull in Brampton"

A lot of times I don't get through all of the new posts as I'm usually on at work, so what happens is, for some reason, when I jump around, posts get tagged as read when I haven't actually read them, and I miss a few. That was probably one I didn't get back to. I'll take a look and see if I can find it. (I'm being sincere, not a smart***)

Sneaky2006
January 11th, 2005, 03:03 PM
WB said there was no pups! But yet she has her ad on hoobly... So how is anyone to help her with that?

Here's the lost PB thread Schwinn... if that's the one you mean.
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=11009

Cinnabear
January 11th, 2005, 03:06 PM
How does byb fit in? Look at what is going to happen with whinnie-boo. She didn't see the help she needed to stop breeding for the purpose of byb. Do you honestly think its going to stop at this latest batch of puppies? I think not.

raingirl
January 11th, 2005, 03:07 PM
OK....

I think there is some confusion.

There are no puppies. Remember when whinnie first came here, she was concerned because she thought her dog was pregnant? Those are the same puppies she is refering to on Hoobly (booboo).

Either way, she was wrong. her dog wasn't pregnant (booboo) and there are no puppies. end of story.

she probably met bteves on hoobly as his post is in the same place. They both live in brampton, she probably offered to give him a hand. Nothing wrong with that.

Accidents happen, we all know that. She said her irresponsible husband took her unspayed female puppy out (booboo) and that's why she thought she was pregnant. I would assume she has since got her spayed, as it just hadn't happened yet when she thought she was pg.

I think people got confused because she said she didn't know the dad, and then she did. to clarify, she knew the dad of Booboo (whinnies pup she kept from the litter) as she rescued winnie from a byb (from what I understand). When she thought her booboo was pg, she didn't know the dad.

I hope this clarifies everything.

I suspect there is some confusion on bteves part. He maybe doesn't know the whole situation.

Rainy
January 11th, 2005, 03:08 PM
This is getting crazy now! Look at the date hoobly was posted.....Whinnie then came on here and told us her pup was going to have puppies.The dates match.
Whinnie-Boo then told us her dog was misdiagnosed. Ok,she didn't take the ad down....That doesn't tell me Boo is pregnant.Stampdesigns met with Whinnie and Boo.I'm sure she could tell if Boo had just had a litter!

STAMPDesigns
January 11th, 2005, 03:13 PM
There are many things being looked over and somethings that Whinnie never posted, as she didn't feel as though she needed to defend herself. She explained what had happened with Whinnie. She thought that her ex had taken Boo and gotten her pregnant and it ended up being an infection. Boo is sterilized, just as Whinnie said she would, last Friday. Hoobly only lets you list things for Free or For Sale, I saw nothing about being able to list for adoption. I checked it out myself, before posting this.

She found homes for all the puppies after they were born. They were placed with friends and all have be sterilized (she has vet records to prove this). Since I adopted two cats to her, I asked to see proof of many things.

There is more to Dez's story that none of you have bothered to ask. Dez was being given up because his owner is moving in with his g/f who has a condo. She didn't want to lose her condo because of a dog. All of this information is in many e-mails that I have asked to be forwarded to me. I like to educate myself on things and find the truth.

Everyone has good intentions here and I've met some wonderful people. Whinnie doesn't plan to come back here and if she does, I don't feel as though she needs to defend herself, as many people already have opinions about her and those opinions will never change, even with proof.

There are no puppies to find homes for. When Whinnie first came here, maybe she wasn't as educated as others about certain things. She's changed and tried to educate herself through posts here as well as all of the information she has hanging on her living room wall.

This thread might as well be closed. It's only adding fuel to the fire.

Cinnabear
January 11th, 2005, 03:13 PM
This wouldn't be the first time someone tried to do a witch hunt. I'm so confused with posts.

I just feel for people who log on and get into the heated debates in which they disappear. They were only looking for help.

sammiec
January 11th, 2005, 03:19 PM
That was not my point about the puppies. It's very plausable that there are no puppies (I really hope so), but to find a respectable and loving home... the best place is NOT the classified ads that peddle dogs. That was what I was wondering.

Think it's a witch hunt all you want, maybe it is then. I was just so confused about her posts.. that's why the questions.

mastifflover
January 11th, 2005, 03:20 PM
Stampdesign I agree this thread and the one about byb should have been locked a long time ago now over this Whinnie and Doguelover have now left the board. I am sorry but I really think Whinnie has made a lot of changes in herself and has learned a lot here. She is also a very kind hearted person and all she seems to want to do is find homes for every abandonded or rescue to be placed in a loving home. Sorry but I can't fault her for that and maybe she has made mistakes but don't we all nobody is perfect. I think we need to stop being so assumptive and attack first and ask questions later. It does not work by that time the person is alienated and not interested in trying to clear up the situation.

sammiec
January 11th, 2005, 03:23 PM
whatever. lock it then.

Sneaky2006
January 11th, 2005, 03:27 PM
I guess it doesn't matter if it's locked anyway, she's not going to come back.

Lucky Rescue
January 11th, 2005, 03:28 PM
Are you sure this isn't mistaken identity?

Not according to Dezmond's owner:

Im getting a little confused here. I am the owner and Dez is my dog. I needed to find him a new home and Whinnie-boo (laura) (the owner of 2 pitbulls Whinnie and boo-boo)

This is a witchhunt? WE are "too direct"?

She has two pit bulls that she takes to dog parks although I have explained why this is a terrible idea and begged her to stop. She ignored my advice.

She has apparently lost Dezmond and then lied about it.

She leaves her pit bulls alone together and merely states "I don't crate my dogs" even though advised to do so and anyone who knows anything about this breed would do so. She also ignored that advice.

She has gotten hold of two cats, although she said she had no idea how Boo would react to cats and in fact Boo had never seen a cat. I hope these cats survive. I told her to test Boo first. That advice was ignored.

She says all the puppies of the previous litter are spayed/neutered, so why did she only request that new owners have them vet checked before breeding them? Why would she say that if she knew they would be sterilized?

She tried to get two cats from us under false pretenses, and said she had no money so couldn't pay much for an adoption fee. She has no money, yet wants more animals.

She listens to no one and gets angry and defensive when advised or questioned.

Where exactly was she ever asking for help or advice? Help with what?

I agree this thread should be closed.

marko
January 11th, 2005, 03:28 PM
This thread will now be locked.

Many posters will get turned off when they are attacked.

Then they don't come back and can't get the help they and their pets need. Then we lose all hope of helping them again.

PLease try to temper the passion. Posting in an attacking way in the open (instead of a PM) is a sure way to permanently frighten people away.

Marko
ADMIN