Sneaky2006
January 10th, 2005, 03:02 PM
Definitely a bunny butt!

Sneaky2006
January 10th, 2005, 03:03 PM
So curious!

Copper'sMom
January 10th, 2005, 03:25 PM
What a pretty girl!! Her markings look like the ones on one of my cats.

badger
January 10th, 2005, 03:53 PM
Is this the stray from under the shed? She looks very happy..

Sneaky2006
January 10th, 2005, 04:04 PM
Yep it is :)

BMDLuver
January 10th, 2005, 04:13 PM
She is lovely. Poor little kitty losing her tail. Oddly it doesn't look funny though to see a cat without a tail.

Sneaky2006
January 10th, 2005, 04:15 PM
Some people think she's a Manx, so she was probably born without one... I am hoping that was the case :)

CyberKitten
January 10th, 2005, 07:30 PM
She is indeed a pretty cat!! I doubt she has been feral all that long - or else you have done wonders and have a gift of being able to communicate with cats.

She could be a Manx. Here is an faq on Manx cats, and they are great cats!

http://www.fanciers.com/breed-faqs/manx-faq.html

However, it's possible she had an accident and her tail had to be amputated or something like that. Are you going to search for her humans? (There may be someone searching for her - or alas, she could have been dumped and is smart enough to have picked the right place!)

Bugsy
January 11th, 2005, 12:09 AM
Aww... there she/he is! (have we figured this one out yet?) Well either way.. she/he is soooo sweet looking :angel: ... any names picked out yet?

Sneaky2006
January 11th, 2005, 06:47 AM
It's a girl! :)
We are 95% sure my mom is taking her... I've been calling her Fifi but I want to let my mom name her :D She hasn't ever had a cat, or any pet since her last dog died yrs ago...

badger
January 11th, 2005, 06:57 AM
From the pictures, she doesn't seem in such terrible shape, so your feeds have helped! Was there a litter, in the end?

Sneaky2006
January 11th, 2005, 07:00 AM
We haven't found one, we keep checking under the shed...

With her being declawed we think she's also spayed... she's going in Thursday for shots and worming and spay if she needs it. :D

Thanks for the site CK... we think she is Manx :)

badger
January 11th, 2005, 07:29 AM
Sneaky, here comes the hard part. You have to post around the neighbourhood and call the SPCA to see if anyone is missing this cat. The fact that she is declawed and maybe spayed ups the ante. There is a good chance you will never be able to get this cat back to its original owner, but you have to take a stab at it.

Sneaky2006
January 11th, 2005, 07:36 AM
I've called the cat rescue and now the HS and nothin, but they're going to hold my number for a while in case someone calls. But I've been feeding her for over a month now, my neighborhood isn't that big (only a few streets) so people know I've been feeding her and any other cat that comes my way :)
So if this cat belonged to someone here I would've heard about it by now.

chico2
January 11th, 2005, 09:01 AM
Sneaky,thank's for the pics..she's a very lucky little kitty and very pretty.
FiFi is the name of my squirrell,a good name :D she comes when I call her,like a little puppy,of course a steady supply of peanuts helps :p
I hope your mom takes her,that way you can still be in contact...unless of course someone claims her.

Meghan_K
January 11th, 2005, 09:08 AM
Wow, what a very pretty kitty. (Is it just me, or do cats know they're gorgeous? :p ) Hopefully your Mom and Fifi will find a forever home together and have lots of great experiences together. And yes, I would agree that Fifi looks like a Manx. Wishing lots of good luck to Fifi :)

hddlstn02
January 11th, 2005, 11:32 AM
Hi. I'd say she was born w/o a tail... We have cats born w/o tails almost every year & that's what they look like... My brother & his wife have one out of a litter we had & his looks exactly like that. I'm not an expert, but don't think they necessarily have to be Manx to have a bobbed tail, but like I said, I'm not an expert...

Beautiful cat anyhow!

Did some one drop her? We have that happen a lot @ our house... Probably once every 3-4 months a new cat shows up... I live in the country too, so they aren't just the neighbors cats. Anyway, w/ her being declawed :mad: , you'd think some one had her as a house cat. Does she use the litter box well?

Not to get anything started, but this is why I HATE declawing! She really had no defense against anything out there by herself!

Sorry, I'll step down now. :p

sammiec
January 11th, 2005, 11:58 AM
OMGosh Sneaky! She looks so much like my Connor!! She's so cute!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/samanthajc/Connor2.jpg

Lucky Rescue
January 11th, 2005, 12:33 PM
Fifi is beautiful! Are her back legs longer than the front? She looks like she may be a mixed classic tabby Manx. One thing I found with our rescued Manxes is that they are often "one person" cats and become very bonded to their owners.

IF she is declawed she should certainly be spayed. A reputable vet would not declaw and leave a cat intact I would hope.

Yes, she may have a home but we get MANY dumped declawed cats.:(

Sneaky2006
January 11th, 2005, 02:21 PM
HDD... I don't know if someone dropped her here, she just showed up one day starving. And she's used the litter box since she's been in the house.

They really do look the same Sammie... Also like my Sneaky... same exact face as conner! :D

Yep Lucky, her back legs are definitely longer... My mom will take her, I know it! They need each other, she lives alone and I think she's very lonely but won't admit it.... and this girl can talk! :D

chico2
January 11th, 2005, 03:26 PM
Sneaky,your mom is probably my age and tell her,this little lonely cat can fill her life with love and laughter like no human can,FiFi is just perfect for someone who is lonely and she would have a wonderful life as an indoor cat.
She's really cute,as is Connor :love: as are they all :D

Sneaky2006
January 11th, 2005, 03:30 PM
Yep she is Chico! She was born 2-3-45 :) I know she needs this baby... I'm just praying no one claims her and that she's healthy and has a lot of years left to cuddle with my mom :) :) :)

krdahmer
January 12th, 2005, 12:35 PM
Oh is she ever a cutie. And your mom will be one lucky gal. I know when I rescued the litter of kittens at the end of the summer, my mom tried so hard to pretend that she wasn't interested in taking one. She even refused to pick them up when she came to see them... but then I brought the little female over to their house just before they went to VA. And I knew after like the first 3 minutes, that she was at her new home! My mom tried to be so logical, but LOL... I don't get my big heart from anywhere strange! When they got back they wanted to know when they could take her! Parents are so cute when they try to act tough. :rolleyes:

And ya if she's declawed I'd say she must be spayed... most vets do those operations at the same time (the ones that are still declawing anyhow :( ). And that's one less excuse to use not to take her... it's not like she'll be clawing any furniture! ;)

chico2
January 12th, 2005, 04:21 PM
I must admit that most of my cats came to me that way,people knowing I would not be able to resist,but they were all kittens.
Once you hold their little bodies,listen to them purr,there is NO way I could give them to anyone else and I have no regrets :love:

Sneaky2006
January 12th, 2005, 04:49 PM
The last 3 we got came to us that way too, well they didn't actually come here, they called us and said come and get this kitten! Now everyone knows because of this one that we're not keeping that we are DONE with getting anymore... our furry family is complete :)

Parents are so cute when they try to act tough. I know! That's how she was until now... she still hasn't said she's taking her but we've made plans to go shopping this weekend for all the things she will need for her house (food dishes, litterbox, food, etc) my mom's a nut! I don't think she'll ever say it... weirdo :rolleyes:

glasslass
January 12th, 2005, 10:04 PM
Those pix were my AWWWWWW for the day! Beautiful!

Bugsy
January 13th, 2005, 12:38 AM
More pics please... :D

Sneaky2006
January 13th, 2005, 01:37 AM
I wish I could!! I only had my brother's camera for a day :( And the batteries kept dying... shoulda seen me running through the house taking batteries from remotes and what not.
I really really need my own camera, I'm holding out for when he gets a new one and he'll give me his! :p