Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dog Slipped and Yelping after laying down

Emmah
January 10th, 2005, 12:55 PM
My 5.5 year old black lab took a slip yesterday on the stairs, after last night even moving to get up makes him yelp like I have never heard before. Does anyone have any suggestions. I cant get him into the vet till thursday and am very worried.

Katherine1
January 10th, 2005, 01:11 PM
If he were mine I would look for an emergency vet that could take him right away or call your vet back and see if they could possibly work him in. Could be only bruised but you never know.

Emmah
January 10th, 2005, 01:34 PM
He seems to be fine according to my boyfriend once he is up and moving around - nothing appears to be broken - we scoured him over many times. The vet thinks he pulled a ligament or tendon and thinks bedrest is the only cure.

mastifflover
January 10th, 2005, 01:39 PM
I would definitely see the vet something that could be just a pull or sprain but by not addressing it could get worse and cause more pain for him.

Emmah
January 10th, 2005, 02:05 PM
Can anyone suggest a good vet in North Vancouver? I dont think I need to take him to an emergency hospital but our vet in Vancouver does not have the time. (thinking I need a new vet anyway on the North Shore)