Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What makes it worthwhile!

Lucky Rescue
January 9th, 2005, 10:18 PM
Smudge is a little female who was abandoned pregnant and spent her 1st Christmas sitting alone in a cage at the vet. She was there for months but never lost her sweet and hopeful nature before finally being adopted.

We got this letter and pic from Smudge's (Now Sweetie!) new family. :love:
(Oh, I just love this!!)

Hi,

Just want you to know that we just love our little "Sweetie" aka. Smudge. We are so thankful to you for saving her and caring for her. What a shame that someone out there thought her unworthy of keeping and abandoned her and her kittens to the cold. We are so happy to have her as part of our family, she is truly loved and now has the warmth and loving care she deserves. Thank you once again for doing such good work in the community. May all of God's furry animals never fear or be harmed and have a full, healthy little tummy!!

T.W.
St. Lazare, Quebec

Bugsy
January 9th, 2005, 10:21 PM
Aww... another "happily ever after" :love:

SunnysMum
January 10th, 2005, 08:14 AM
Ah Lucky - what a wonderful story. It brought tears to my eyes. I'm so glad that Sweetie's new owners took the time to tell you how much your work is appreciated. While looking up information on cats and on my Sunny Boy, I found this -- I'm sure you've probably seen it already - but if not, here's a little more inspiration for you. Keep up the wonderful work you do! I have so much respect and admiration for people like you. :thumbs up When I grow up, I want to be just like you!!!

Reunions at the Bridge
[Author Unknown]
The young pup and the older dog lay on shaded sweet grass watching the reunions. Sometimes a man, sometimes a woman, sometimes a whole family would approach the Rainbow Bridge, be greeted by their loving pets and cross the bridge together. The young pup playfully nipped at the older one. "Look! Something wonderful is happening!" The older dog stood up and barked, "Quickly. Get over to the path." "But that's not my owner," whined the pup, but he did as he was told. Thousands of pets surged forward as a figure in white walked on the path toward the bridge. As the glowing figure passed each animal, that animal bowed its head in love and respect. The figure finally approached the bridge, and was met by a menagerie of joyous animals. Together, they all walked over the bridge and disappeared. The young pup was still in awe. "Was that an angel?" he whispered. "No, son." The older dog replied. "That was more than an angel. That was a person who worked rescue."

Cheers!

Katherine1
January 10th, 2005, 08:27 AM
Awww Sunnysmum, I had not seen that one before and it made me cry. :thumbs up to all the rescuers out there. I gotta go hug my furbaby now.

Lucky Rescue
January 10th, 2005, 10:36 AM
That is so sweet Sunnysmom but you might want to rethink this part: :p
When I grow up, I want to be just like you!!! Haha!!

Here is a "before" pic of Smudge in her cage, looking sad, lonely and thin. Now she looks happy, smug, and well-padded.Yay!

sammiec
January 10th, 2005, 10:39 AM
That's wonderful that Smudge has a forever home!!! Great work to all of you at Lucky Rescue! :thumbs up

What happened with her babies? If you don't mind saying...

BullboxLover
January 11th, 2005, 10:20 PM
It's really awsome the work that you do, :thumbs up I don't think that I would be able to handel seeing animals being so badly hurt and abandoned. When I watch Animal Cops and so forth, I have to have one of my furbabies sitting with me so I can love them as I weep for those poor defencless animals. I could never imagine one of my babies being left out in the cold like that, human or furry. It breaks my poor little heart. :sad:

Katherine1
January 12th, 2005, 06:00 AM
She is so pretty. After looking at the pics, I had a flashback to 30 years ago when I had gotten a kitten that looked almost like Smudge, her name was Boots and she was with me for 14 years.

chico2
January 12th, 2005, 09:09 AM
Aww Lucky,I got my sinuses cleared reading about"Smudge",but they were happy tears :thumbs up Every little life you,your vet and the other ladies at Lucky Rescue save,is worth a million hugs :grouphug: and a great big"THANK YOU!!"