Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Court Condemns Pit Bulls

lezzpezz
January 8th, 2005, 09:51 AM
Here is an article from yesterdays' London Free Press that might be of interest to some.

http://save.sunmedia.ca/cgi-bin/slwebcli?DBLIST=lf05&DOCNUM=643&TERMV=160:5:165:8:

Schwinn
January 8th, 2005, 12:25 PM
Bitter sweet. On the one hand, it talks about multiple attacks, but it only mentions two attacks, one by each dog. And it was only a bite, not a mauling, or it didn't kill a dog. I'm not trying to play down the seriousness, but if this is the case, it doesn't seem fair. Lots of dogs, usually through irresponsible or careless owners (or, sometimes mistakes happen), bite another dog. Does that warrant destroying them? That being said, this is a VERY brief report, and I'm sure there's a LOT more to this story. On the other hand, a large fine and being banned from owning a dog...this is an excellent step in the right direction.

badger
January 10th, 2005, 09:33 AM
St. Léonard, a borough of MontreaL, has just banned pit bulls, effective at the end of February. As far as I understand it, people with pit bulls will have to give them up to someone not living there or euthanize them.

mastifflover
January 10th, 2005, 10:42 AM
Badger that is so sad and really not the solution but we all know that. How can they make you give up your dog.They would have to pry mine from my cold dead hand before I would give up a loving pet.