Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What'd you do??

Schwinn
January 7th, 2005, 09:58 PM
You know how when you get a loose thread, and you can't help but pull on it, so you do, but then you pull a little more, then a little more, next thing you know...oh oh...

"Well, it's like this...

Schwinn
January 7th, 2005, 09:59 PM
...and I just kind of started picking at it...

Schwinn
January 7th, 2005, 10:00 PM
...the next thing I knew...

Schwinn
January 7th, 2005, 10:01 PM
...Um, Why?"

Schwinn
January 7th, 2005, 10:07 PM
And the aftermath. *sigh*

Sneaky2006
January 7th, 2005, 10:09 PM
Oh, is that a huge hole down the middle? ... In the earlier pics I thought it was just stuffing she pulled out of a corner or something... Guess that pillow is money well spent, huh? :D

Schwinn
January 7th, 2005, 10:22 PM
Actually, yesterday morning when we left for work, we think it may have been a small hole (those pictures are from last night) Fortunately, my wife made that herself pretty cheap, and we have two more. That one was stinky, anyway. It's funny, because Daisy doesn't chew or usually go destructo dog on anything. But I've seen her do that before, and you see her find a little pull or something, all of a sudden, she starts pulling, and it's funny because she has this look on her face like "I don't want to...but...I MUST!!"

Sneaky2006
January 7th, 2005, 10:27 PM
"I don't want to...but...I MUST!!" I know exactly how she feels... I can't keep my hands off of anything like that, once it's started, I have got to finish it. Don't get me started on peeling paint!

We were thinking of making Yukon a big pillow like that... they're so expensive in the store. Maybe we should use a heavier material, although if we go that route, it may wind up being more than the ones in the store... sorry, thinking outloud. :)

Schwinn
January 7th, 2005, 10:53 PM
That one there is a few years old. I'm sure my wife made it for less than $10. And it's huge. She bought the material and the batton from Wal-Mart. She also made a heavier one out of felt, again for cheap.

twinmommy
January 7th, 2005, 11:10 PM
Too funny!! I love their faces when we nail them in the act, don't you?

Once I remember having last minute guests and tidying up(chucking everything into the spare room at the speed of sound) and somehow I chucked the bag of "poo bags" into the pile. I remember thinking it was strange that Gypsy made such a quiet exit soon after our guests arrived..... ;)

anyways, there were poo bags everywhere, it like, SNOWED poo bags!!!

(Thank God they were empty :thumbs up )

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Rottimom
January 7th, 2005, 11:27 PM
LMAO--- You Go Daisy Girl!!! Those pictures are soooooooooo funny!

MUST.........GET.............COTTON............... ....OUT

I know that "What'd I do?" look OH so well! ;)

chico2
January 8th, 2005, 09:08 AM
Schwinn,thank's for the morning chuckle..I needed that :crazy:

Bugsy
January 8th, 2005, 01:48 PM
Hmmm.... suddenly having a "Bugsy Deja-vu" moment, lmao :D

Mistruzzi
January 8th, 2005, 11:14 PM
that is a very familiar scene in my house!!!! :crazy:

Toonces
January 9th, 2005, 08:23 AM
That happens quite often here as well. here is a pic of our foster Reilly going to town on a old blanket this morning

Toonces
January 9th, 2005, 08:24 AM
and here is is trying to hide lol

glasslass
January 9th, 2005, 03:37 PM
Bad dogs! Bad dogs! Whatcha goin to do? Whatcha goin to do when they come for you? Bad dogs! :D

goldenblaze
January 9th, 2005, 05:11 PM
This is a cute thread... I'm just glad it was from your house and not mine. ;) Darn dogs we let them do anything don't we... :)

Schwinn
January 9th, 2005, 09:29 PM
This is a cute thread... I'm just glad it was from your house and not mine. ;) Darn dogs we let them do anything don't we... :)

Actually, we don't, but my wife was killing herself laughing too hard for Daisy to take her serious giving her trouble. I had a message on my cell when I got off work with her giggling, saying, "Wait until you see what your dog did!". For some reason, my dog is much worse behaved than her dog! :D

twodogsandacat
January 9th, 2005, 11:06 PM
She looks pretty proud if you ask me.

Cinnabear
January 10th, 2005, 02:35 AM
Omg I thought for a sec it was my dog tearing up his monkey like that. LOL. Too cute. :crazy:

whinnie-boo
January 10th, 2005, 12:45 PM
Schwinn, I've never seen Daisy before, she is Beautiful!!

Don't feel bad, my house used to be worse then that on a GOOD DAY!! The girls aren't so bad now, but, nothing I used to bring them would last more then 5 minutes. Still, when I walk in the door, I'm picking up pieces of this and that from thier days adventures while Mommy was at work. :p

sammiec
January 10th, 2005, 12:48 PM
I know exactly how she feels... I can't keep my hands off of anything like that, once it's started, I have got to finish it. Don't get me started on peeling paint!

We were thinking of making Yukon a big pillow like that... they're so expensive in the store. Maybe we should use a heavier material, although if we go that route, it may wind up being more than the ones in the store... sorry, thinking outloud. :)

They can be kinda expensive. I had three other pillows for Briggs that she would rip the corners off and figure out that there's actually something inside it!

I got her a gigantic dog bed at SuperPet for 100 bucks. It's made of a rough denim type matieral.. Still going strong... got a couple stains...I can go through the washing machine too. Well worth the investment!!

Schwinn
January 13th, 2005, 12:15 PM
This is the first one she's ever ripped. I think it had "other" issues, though. It had been peed on by the cats, and it was left outside for a while...I think the material broke down in it. The other two are going as strong as ever, though one is fairly new. Her bed is made of a thicker material, and the whole thing cost less than $20, and it's going on 3 years now. The material was bought at Wal-Mart.

Bearsmom
January 13th, 2005, 02:54 PM
How's my Reilly doing? Goodness, but he's gorgeous. Is he feeling better?

Toonces
January 15th, 2005, 07:51 AM
Hi Bearsmom thanks for asking about our special boy.

Reilly is doing amazing and has had no complications from his bloat. He is full of beans and provides us with hours of entertainment every day. He loves to play and is such a goober! He is very silly and I am sure he is quite pleased with himself when he makes us laugh.

He seems to think that everyone that comes over is here just to see him and he loves everyone, not an aggressive bone in his body. He met my frineds 2 westies the other nite and I was a little nervous at first because the youngest one is quite the little terror but he had a good time playing with him and the older one (he is 16) Reilly respected him and did not bother him.

We love him so much and he will be very hard to part with because we have been through so much together and he really is my boy, but if we adopted him then we could no longer foster because 4 dogs would be to much . We have had a few potential adopters but for various reasons they did not work out (which is fine with me lol )

My 2 girls are finally starting to accept him and they have a good time playing and romping in the snow or around the house.

A friend of mine popped in yesterday and she has not seen him since the first week he came to us. She could not beleive the difference in his personality, he was covering her in kisses and leaning so hard on her he almost knocked her down, big change from him running away and cowering from your hands.

I could go on all day about him I had better stop myself lol

Toonces
January 15th, 2005, 07:55 AM
Here is one of Reilly and Currie having a snooze

Bearsmom
January 15th, 2005, 01:33 PM
How is he with kids? Is he housebroken? Does he get along well with most dogs? Is he okay being left alone??? I'm goin' somewhere with this you know..... :D

Toonces
January 16th, 2005, 07:42 AM
He is mostly housebroken, has the odd acident still. he is good with older kids as he will nip when he palys and jumps up alot. So far he has loved every dog he has met and when left alone he will chew (is pulling on my housecoat as I type) so we crate him while we are at works but at night he sleeps in our room and does not chew and will wake you up if he has to do some business

Bearsmom
January 16th, 2005, 09:16 AM
That's awesome! Sounds like he's making great progress! He's just so gorgeous, I really look forward to pictures of him....HINT

glasslass
January 17th, 2005, 12:06 AM
I've wondered about one thing with fostering. Do the dogs realize they're being fostered and are not in a forever home? Reading about Reilly's transformation just makes me have to ask. When he leaves, is it another rejection for him? :sorry: I can't help asking!

Toonces
January 17th, 2005, 06:53 AM
This was one of the issues that had me torn when I was thinking about becoming a foster mommy.

I'm sure they don't understand they they will only be with us for a short while and this is only a stop, a place for them to heal and be brought back to health and work through any issues they may have before they go to their forever home.

Being in foster they learn to love and gain confidence and training. We got Reilly one day before his previous owner was going to have him pts and that is a fate I can not imagine for this wonderful boy. Trust me he was a huge handful and had no manners to speak of, he had been kept in a crate from the age of 8 weeks until the day we got him so he knew nothing at all but you wouldnt know that now!

I know it will be hard for him when he goes and he will miss us terribly as we will miss him but I feel this is better than what would have awaited him.

When our last foster Jerry went to his new home he just jumped in the back of their car and never looked back. I talk to his new parents at least once a week and he is having the time of his life. he moped for the first week but it didn't take him long to realize that this new place was not so bad.

I hope this has answered your question, don't be sorry for asking you only have the dogs wellbeing in your heart and mind :D

chico2
January 17th, 2005, 07:51 AM
Reilly is just a beautiful dog!! Like GL I too have often felt said knowing someone like Reilly,who has become sociable and well trained by a loving foster,will have to start the whole process all over again,in a new home with maybe a new set of rules.
I am in no way critizising,fosters are the saviours and wonderful people and the alternative for this beauty and many like him is even sadder.
I am sure you will be very careful in chosing a new owner for Reilly and it's wonderful you still keep in contact to make sure the dogs are doing good.
On the other hand,your heart must be broken every time a rescue leaves,but the satisfaction of knowing another dog has been saved,must make up for the tears of having to adopt him out.
To all the fosters out there :grouphug:

Toonces
January 17th, 2005, 05:21 PM
Thankyou Chico2

I cried for a week after Jerry left, we went through alot of applications before he was adopted out and we knew from the minute we met his knew mom and dad that it was meant to be and 2 weeks later we met Reilly and for us that helped fill the void.

Reilly must go to a very special home where his new owners are willing to take him to school and feed him the proper amounts of food, due to his bloat he is on a special diet. He is very smart and loving and learns quickly so he should breeze through school with flying colors. But for now he is ours to spoil, love and teach until that perfect family comes along and then a knew chapter with a new foster to love will open up for us