Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Info on Dhlp+p & IL Leptorosis vaccine

Janiebabes
January 7th, 2005, 05:16 PM
I was curious the vet gave my pet 2 shots one DHLP+p and IL Leptospirosis. I asked why the second shot when the DHLP+P contains the Leptospirosis. The response was, it is for the strain of Leptospirosis on Long Island which is where we live. Is this true? I dont want to be charged for vaccines he doesn't need on top of the worrying he is being overdosed. the fact he wont walk around now i am assuming its because it was an IM shot and it was only last eve he ahd gotten the vaccines. I did call the vet about that and they said there could be sorness.
Any knowledge about thses to vaccines as to if they should be given would be appreciated

mastifflover
January 7th, 2005, 05:22 PM
This is a very contagious and can kill so if it is in your area it is worth the precautionary shot. They can be sore or lethargic it usually only lasts a day so just monitor him

Janiebabes
January 7th, 2005, 05:39 PM
This is a very contagious and can kill so if it is in your area it is worth the precautionary shot. They can be sore or lethargic it usually only lasts a day so just monitor him

Thank you for your reply. I am not quite sure what it is in my area it is that the vaccine is for that would be different than what the DHLP+P is for :confused:

BoxerRescueMTL
January 7th, 2005, 05:57 PM
this is an interesting website

http://www.truthaboutvaccines.org