Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

On Pet Precinct

DogueLover
January 6th, 2005, 01:13 PM
The other day someone had mentioned that there was a dog like my angel on a pet precinct show the other day and they wanted to know if it was the same kind of dog. I saw that show last night and YES that is a Bordeaux and a gorgeous boy at that. He was the one with the embedded collar but he healed really well and showed what a wonderful temperment they have. I have said before that I can`t get over how forgiving these animals ( all animals) can be. I think they had an amstaff/pit cross on the same show that had been used for fighting and kept in an abandoned car. Both very sweet dogs.......... I feel for the pets that get treated as "just a dog" or "just a cat" it is very sad.

The new owners of both dogs seemed to be quite thrilled to have the pets..... I always wonder what happens after the shows and the cases are closed............ it would be awful if the new owners ever ended up doing the same thing to the poor animal.

mastifflover
January 6th, 2005, 02:45 PM
I agree it is amazing how these animals forgive humans for there cruelty. My last 3 rescues have suffered different forms of abuse and each one was a loving, non aggressive, great natured dogs. If they were human they would be whining and using their bad situation as a crutch unlike our smarter friends of dogs and cats who make the best of a new situation it takes time but they adapt and flourish with love and acceptance.

chico2
January 6th, 2005, 04:03 PM
Doguelover it was me and they did call him a Mastiff,I was alarmed when I first saw him,was sure they were going to euthanize him :sad: but it had a very happy ending :thumbs up

BullboxLover
January 11th, 2005, 04:20 PM
I saw that show as well, it always makes me wonder how something like that can happen? How can someone not notice, or not care that there dog has out grown it collar? We have to watch our ever growing Olivia, because she has a really skinny and long neck, but a big head. Her last collar we had to cut off her after we relized it wouldn't fit over her head, but it fit her neck perfectly. Now she wears a too big choker just so we can get it over her head!! :D I can understand not having the money to be able to give this dog the vet attention that it needs, but there was no reason for it to have gotten that bad, all he had to do was take it off when it got to tight. :confused:

mastifflover
January 11th, 2005, 04:44 PM
Dogue de Bourdeaux is also know as the French Mastiff

BMDLuver
January 11th, 2005, 05:05 PM
We know two of them now that look exactly like Angel. One we adopted through our organization and the other I met yesterday at one of our vet's offices. Beautiful creatures.