Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

bright yellow urine

karen T
January 4th, 2005, 04:13 PM
my dog has been peeing bright yell0w and i wonder what could be the cause of it i have a 8 yr old rottie

Schwinn
January 4th, 2005, 04:17 PM
If it's anything like humans, it's usually an overload of some vitamin or mineral. A person who takes specific vitamin supplements (for example, vitamin e supplements) gets the same effect, or those "high potency" multi-vitamins.

LL1
January 4th, 2005, 04:19 PM
Has your dog eaten anything different from the normal diet? B vitamins etc make pee bright. I would get a urine sample to the vet asap, sometimes liver problems can show as bright yellow/orangey pee.

If you haven't done a sample before it's really easy, wait until the dog starts to pee and slide a cheap aluminum pie plate underneath the dog to catch it. Then you can pour into a clean disposable container to take it to the vet.

Schwinn
January 4th, 2005, 04:39 PM
If you haven't done a sample before it's really easy, wait until the dog starts to pee and slide a cheap aluminum pie plate underneath the dog to catch it. Then you can pour into a clean disposable container to take it to the vet.

Hey, that's a better idea than trying to teach him to go in that little cup!

LL1
January 4th, 2005, 04:42 PM
LOL!!! I was going to post what asparagus does to me.

On that cup tho, LOL, I had an empty margarine tub in my laundry room, must be from over 4 years ago, and the other day when I went to do laundry it was FULL of umm something yellow! LOL! I have some smart dogs I think LOL.