Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dog Found Montreal East January 4

badger
January 4th, 2005, 05:08 PM
Large male dog running loose on Frontenac Street in Montreal, somewhere below Sherbrooke, headed north. No collar. Friendly and rambunctious.

chico2
January 4th, 2005, 05:22 PM
Hi Badger and Happy New Year!!!Are you keeping this dog in your house???
Nice looking dog,I hope you'll find the owners!!
I guess he's too big for the bathroom :grouphug:

badger
January 4th, 2005, 06:44 PM
Hi Chico bonne année to you too. The dog is in a crate at a friend's nearby. He is gorgeous - now I'm thinking chow/St. Bernard. We just took him out for a brief walk, hoping someone might recognize him, and it took two of us to hold him.

The tantalizing thing is that my friend left a message at the SPCA and they called her back shortly after to say they had had an inquiry about a dog who answered the description and had been lost right in the area. His name is Beethoven! (the St. Bernard link?) They gave my friend a name and a phone number but it has been disconnected! So we went out and posted in the neighbourhood. Now it's just a question of him calling the SPCA back and they will give him Lyne's number and happy endings! However, the Berger Blanc is coming for him tomorrow so they better hurry up. So if anyone knows a guy called Cédric who owns (and clearly loves) this dog, PM me!!

badger
January 5th, 2005, 11:28 AM
Da Da Da DUM - Beethoven has gone home. Turns out he is 90% Akita. Gorgeous dog, friendly and sweet. So was his young owner :), who was quite overcome. A happy reunion.

Bugsy
January 5th, 2005, 11:58 AM
Ohh thank god... I just went into panic mode after reading "Berger Blanc" they are NOT at all similar to the SPCA...
Of all of the pounds, SPCA Laval is the only one that at least tries... in my opinion.

Da Da Da DUM - Beethoven has gone home. Turns out he is 90% Akita. Gorgeous dog, friendly and sweet. So was his young owner :), who was quite overcome. A happy reunion.

Woooo Hooo....http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/happy/1219.gif

chico2
January 5th, 2005, 12:15 PM
Great news Badger,Beethoven is lucky someone cared enough to take him in :crazy: Made my day!!!!Thank's Badger!!

badger
January 5th, 2005, 12:56 PM
I have a deep suspicion of Berger Blanc and would never call them. However, the SPCA does not operate in this part of the city, this is Berger Blanc's beat. The situation was difficult. In the end, I suspect she would have kept him, and then scrambled to find an alternative.

Incredible dog, though, unbelievably sweet, unbelievably strong, played at our feet as if all was right with the world and then some. When his very tall owner appeared, he stood right up, put his paws on the guy's shoulders and licked him to death.