Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Found My missing Cat

kimma
January 4th, 2005, 10:06 AM
I just thought that I would post this wonderful story for all of you to enjoy.
My cat (Kramer) came up amongst the missing, he was gone for about 5 months. We had search every where for him. Called all the neighbors, posted notices in the papers. We have many cyotes and Fischers around our house and finally had come to the assumption that his time had come.
I had decided to stop by the local animal shelter one Saturday morning just for the heck of it and look at the kittens they had.
While I was there I figured I would take one more look at the adult cats.
When I walked into the room with those cats, This one black cat started crying so loud that it really got my attention. I walked up to it and before I could get close enough to pick him up, he jumped on my chest and started crying louder and rubbing my neck and face with his.
I thought to myself "no way this cannot be my cat after all this time"
I went out and got one of the girls who worked there and asked how long they had had him. They said he had just been brought in by a couple who had had him most of the summer. When she saw how he acted with me, she told me to bring him home and see how he acted with my other animals and the house.
So I did, and when I let him out of the cage, he went right up to my dog and purred and cried, My husband laid out his hunting jacket which Kramer had loved sleeping on and sure enough that cat jumped right up on it and curled up into a ball and fell asleep.
I tell you what that was the happiest day of our lifes.
He even made front page of our local newspaper and it gave a lot of hope to some other families who had been missing their cats for a while.
I just thought I would share this happy ending story with all of you to enjoy.
Oh and by the way, he does not stay outside for very long anymore, he wants to be in the house being a little love bug all the time now. lol.

sammiec
January 4th, 2005, 10:14 AM
That's a wonderful story! Thank you for sharing! :D

Bugsy
January 4th, 2005, 10:15 AM
I love happy endings....http://www.techhelpers.net/e4u/animal/tier43.gif

whinnie-boo
January 4th, 2005, 01:26 PM
That is so awesome, who thought after all this time.......
I bet he is so happy to be home with his Mom & Dad.

Miker
January 4th, 2005, 01:55 PM
Might be worth tagging him just incase this happens again. Nice story, made my eyes mist up a bit *sniff*.

CyberKitten
January 4th, 2005, 02:41 PM
That is indeed a happy ending heartwarming narrative!! You might want to get him microchipped in case he gets lost again tho by the sound of it, he is quite happy to be an inoddor kitty now! :)

badger
January 6th, 2005, 03:12 PM
We'd love to see a picture of the wandering hero, preferably alseep on the hunting jacket.

Katherine1
January 6th, 2005, 04:38 PM
What a beautiful story. I am so happy for you. :love:

chico2
January 6th, 2005, 04:43 PM
Awwww,that's a great happy-ending story,one very lucky kitty :love: and yes,a picture would be nice!