Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Why is the cat writhing around on the floor?

Britishvixen21
January 3rd, 2005, 11:14 PM
Hey me again,
Sorry to keep bothering everyone but cats i dont know much about, dogs im a pro but cats im hit or miss.
Mya for the last day or so has been constantly writhing around on the carpet, outstreched on her back showing her belly, and shes also constantly wanting her cheeks scratched, its like she is itchy all over, and ive checked her for flees and ticks shes clean. shes in quite good spirits and is allowing me to touch and pet her, even her back and belly which is unusual as up until now that has been a no go area. Just wondered why she was doing it? I have a cat book but i cant seem to find the answer.
I recently wrote a post where she was being really pissy and asked if this was a sign of her being in heat as shes 6 months (i think) now, we are getting her fixed i just hope we get there before the apparent wailing starts!
Any ideas would be grately appreciated, and may i take this opportunity to wish everyone a very happy new year :)

Thank you

Bugsy
January 3rd, 2005, 11:39 PM
Hey me again,
Sorry to keep bothering everyone but cats i dont know much about, dogs im a pro but cats im hit or miss.
Mya for the last day or so has been constantly writhing around on the carpet, outstreched on her back showing her belly, and shes also constantly wanting her cheeks scratched, its like she is itchy all over, and ive checked her for flees and ticks shes clean. shes in quite good spirits and is allowing me to touch and pet her, even her back and belly which is unusual as up until now that has been a no go area. Just wondered why she was doing it? I have a cat book but i cant seem to find the answer.
I recently wrote a post where she was being really pissy and asked if this was a sign of her being in heat as shes 6 months (i think) now, we are getting her fixed i just hope we get there before the apparent wailing starts!
Any ideas would be grately appreciated, and may i take this opportunity to wish everyone a very happy new year :)

Thank you

Bingo... ;)

Shannon83
January 4th, 2005, 01:19 AM
She very much in heat and I'd try getting her fix very soon, some tend to spray when in heat. I find rubbing there back helps to keep them happy for a bit.

tenderfoot
January 4th, 2005, 02:24 PM
Very much in heat!
Take her in for a check before scheduling surgery - a cat/dog in heat is more difficult to operate on as the organs are engorged. You might have to be patient and wait until this heat is over and then have her fixed.

Britishvixen21
January 4th, 2005, 06:27 PM
yep shes sure in heat i came to her tonight writhing around making a noise like a loud purr, its horrible to see her like it. as for spaying i spoke to a vet today and they said the same thing we have to wait for her to come out of heat, ive booked her in for first week in febuary for the laser spaying. until then well just make her comfortable, and yes rubbing the back helps her. I dont want my little baby to be like this, shes way to young to be thinking about such disgusting things!!! :angel:
And to top it all off my freinds cat a tom who lives downstairs (dont worry there four doors between them so theres NO chance) is the same age and hes going nuts as well, at least i dont have the foul smelling pee!
:ca:

Britishvixen21
January 4th, 2005, 06:30 PM
PS: is that clear stuff comming out of her (ya know) what i think it is???? :yuck:

tenderfoot
January 4th, 2005, 06:32 PM
Yup, it's called lubrication! :yuck:

sujean
January 7th, 2005, 05:25 PM
so what does it mean if you have a male cat doing the same thing but he is already fixed? (no ticks or fleas...) and also wants to be pet around the mouth all the time?

tenderfoot
January 7th, 2005, 05:35 PM
Cats rub their mouths on things they want to own. They release their scent on it.

Britishvixen21
January 7th, 2005, 08:50 PM
Thanks to everyone that helped me, Shes now finished her writhing seductivly and putting her bum in my face, I felt so terrible for her! Ive booked her in to have her spayed next month were going to go for the laser surgery the vet i was reccomended to says that the recovery time is very quick just two days! well ive attached a pic of the little critter so you can see her, Sorry its not to good, but she wasnt in the mood for posing tonight she would rather have played with my hairband!
Thanks again everyone its much appreciated. :love:

Toonces
January 8th, 2005, 06:52 AM
Laser is great. We had Emma done a month ago and she only had 2 stitches but she would not stop trying to pull them out so she had to wear a cone until they came out. That was a sight but it did not slow her down any!

badger
January 8th, 2005, 08:34 AM
Is that a tear, or just part of her colouring?

Britishvixen21
January 8th, 2005, 09:38 AM
Im glad to hear that its good, as its a little more money, and she looks really impressed with having to wear that cone LOL!

Toonces
January 8th, 2005, 01:24 PM
I think it was $50.00 more than the regular surgery but well worth it. The marks under her eyes are from her trying to get out of the cage at the vet, she is quite the little monkey. They had to line it with blankets so she would not hurt herself even more. We let her have the cone off while we could watch her but she was quick to start picking at the stitches again so back on it would go and she did not protest (I'm sure the 3 dogs were laughing at her ;) )