Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

neuter

psl_023
January 2nd, 2005, 04:33 PM
could a dog still be neutered at 9months old???

or will it cause depression or something in the dog?

Iggette
January 2nd, 2005, 05:04 PM
Yes it can......My Buddy was done at 9 months and he is just fine........glad your going to get yours done....most responsible thing you can do for your pet :thumbs up

I think he realised he was missing a little something there :rolleyes: but was ok with it.....he is a happy healthy permantly protected boy.....lol

BMDLuver
January 2nd, 2005, 05:58 PM
Seems you have already asked this question before and been answered. Might I suggest you just go and get him done? or do you prefer running the risk of prostate cancer at a later date?

psl_023
January 2nd, 2005, 06:39 PM
we ve already made an appointment for him and its getting done 2morroe

Lucky Rescue
January 2nd, 2005, 07:14 PM
Please do some research on the net about basic and general dog care and behavior. You and your dog will be much happier for it. Are you taking the advice you're given about not leaving your dog alone outside all the time, and bringing him in when it's cold? Dogs need to be with their "pack" and that means you.

Neutering will not make a dog "depressed", and they can be neutered at any age, although neutering an adult may not change behavior all that much, since habits develop and many behaviors are learned.

It will not make him "fat and lazy" either. Lack of exercise makes dogs fat and being fat makes them lazy. Give your dog adequate exercise, a good diet, training and attention and he'll be fine.

Your dog will not notice anything different, and neutering will help with dog aggression and prevent the urges to find and mate with females - in other words, make him more content.